Return of the Old Packs a Welcome Move

PlagaNerezza

This is a simple thread acknowledging and thanking the cartel shop and stronghold people for rotating in the older packs. I was able to obtain an underworld bar, which I missed out on. Its also seen a drop in the prices for certificate items like bartenders, Jawa's and Twi'leks and a host of decorations that were not suppose to be rare.

It's good that its benefited both the game and those who have wanted some older items and missed the purchasing window. Keep doing it. I am happy about the packs being rotated into the game and getting some decorations for my stronghold.

Now if you could only get the group content team to put HM Bonus bosses at 100% drop rates for decorations again we'd be in a sweet place.

Edited by PlagaNerezza

I couldn't agree more. Like yourself, I'm thrilled having the opportunity to get my grubby mitts on a few of these pre-4.0 packs / hypercrates once again. In fact, I was hoping the devs were going to eventually re-release these older packs on the Cartel Market in due time. Besides opening 'Chance Cubes' from the newer packs, grabbing many of these scarce items has become problematic and just plain expensive.

Anyhow, I purchased 2 hypercrates of the 'Gatekeeper' packs myself (absolutely love the decorations in those) and also a hypercrate of the 'Wild Space' packs last week. Anyhow, I'm still after the elusive Underworld Bar myself, since it would unquestionably look great in any stronghold. Hopefully I'll manage to snag one in those Gatekeeper packs - or I suppose just buy one out-right on GTN for like 10 million plus.

Like you mentioned, it's nice to see more availability and cheaper prices for various items within the economy. Some of the prices on GTN (as-of-late) have been INSANE. Whatever the case may be, recycling older content (especially in this case) can actually be a welcomed move.

Yeah it has been great to see them coming back, and it also diffuses the situation on the GTN where the prices of items that were in packs "No longer available" would escalate to ridiculous levels and render those items unobtainable by most so I for one certainly applaud this incentive :)