Old Packs Sticking Around?

masterceil

I swore off buying the Alliance packs - no Cartel Bazaar reputation and no Cartel Market Certificates plus the amount of worthless crap I couldn't resell for ish on the GTN turned me off to those after buying a hypercrate of each of the first four or so.

However, I'm now buying 15-20 of the old packs every week (five of each different pack), and lovin' it. Is this only going to happen until 5.0 releases, or are we going to be cycling through the classic packs for good now?

I swore off buying the Alliance packs - no Cartel Bazaar reputation and no Cartel Market Certificates plus the amount of worthless crap I couldn't resell for ish on the GTN turned me off to those after buying a hypercrate of each of the first four or so.

However, I'm now buying 15-20 of the old packs every week (five of each different pack), and lovin' it. Is this only going to happen until 5.0 releases, or are we going to be cycling through the classic packs for good now?

I hope they keep going around- it's the best idea to beat the high prices, by increasing supply- assisting people collect long given up prizes. The only unhappy people are the ones who were trying to sell them for insane prices because of the tiny stash/low grand chance cube drop rate. And sets are still going for decent change, just not the prices where you see the same person trying to sell a set for 250 million credits.

I'm guessing it's most likely a temporary thing for now - merely a way for the developers to reintroduce the older packs to the community / in-game economy. Not only does it allow Bioware to make some coin from older content, but it also provides players another avenue to acquire more difficult to find items, without having to pay a fortune through GTN. Here's hoping this strategy will ultimately drive-down prices a bit and balance the inflation.

Like yourself, I'm thrilled having the opportunity to get my grubby mitts on a few of these pre-4.0 packs / hypercrates once again. In fact, I was hoping the devs were going to eventually re-release these older packs on the Cartel Market in due time. Besides opening 'Chance Cubes' from the newer packs, grabbing many of these scarce items has become problematic and just plain expensive.

Anyhow, I purchased a hypercrate of 'Gatekeeper' packs myself (absolutely love the decorations in those) and will DEFINITELY be waiting patiently for the 'Wild Space' packs to drop here shortly.;)

Edited by lymphangioma

I'm guessing it's most likely a temporary thing for now - merely a way for the developers to reintroduce the older packs to the community / in-game economy. Not only does it allow Bioware to make some coin from older content, but it also provides players another avenue to acquire more difficult to find items, without having to pay a fortune through GTN. Here's hoping this strategy will ultimately drive-down prices a bit and balance the inflation.

Like yourself, I'm thrilled having the opportunity to get my grubby mitts on a few of these pre-4.0 packs / hypercrates once again. In fact, I was hoping the devs were going to eventually re-release these older packs on the Cartel Market in due time. Besides opening 'Chance Cubes' from the newer packs, grabbing many of these scarce items has become problematic and just plain expensive.

Anyhow, I purchased a hypercrate of 'Gatekeeper' packs myself (absolutely love the decorations in those) and will DEFINITELY be waiting patiently for the 'Wild Space' packs to drop here shortly.;)

Ya... i just need 5 more rep points for max Estran Exports rep.... just 5 points.... :mad:

Oh yeah, totally looking forward to more of this classic pack goodness :cool:

Labor Day + monthly bonus + OT I'm working this and last week should give me a good Friday after next to throw down on some HCs instead of just the little 5ea I've been able to afford :D

Not sure, however at the moment the packs seem to be on for one week only then change. Not sure how many weeks it will be before they go though all the old style packs or if they will go though them more than once. However even once they are removed from the market I fully expect that this time round won't be the last time we will see them.

Ya... i just need 5 more rep points for max Estran Exports rep.... just 5 points.... :mad:

Only 5 rep points? Man, that kinda' sucks. You're so close, yet so far away. I know how that feels. Best of luck on maxxing-out your Estran Exports endeavor there buddy.

Anyhow, I really wish that Bioware would find a better way to handle this whole Cartel Rep / Cartel Market Certificates ordeal. Ever since 4.0, the older packs have become more difficult (and expensive) to acquire, and Cartel Certificates are basically a hopeless cause… err, for now.

Although I own 4 'Contraband Slot Machines', the chance these Certificates will even drop is laughable and rather disheartening. Between the Rep Vendors in the Bazaar and the lone Decoration Merchant on the Fleet, there's still quite a few items I wanna' grab. Unfortunately, it's darn near impossible at this point.

If the re-release of these older packs on the Cartel Market do well, Bioware should keep these in rotation from time-to-time. There's just way too many slick items that should continue to be recycled within the economy. As a stronghold connoisseur of sorts, I need a steady influx of decos.

Satele Shan armour is in the gatekeeper pack, available until tomorrow.

Yep, I just received some Satele Shan 'Leggings' in a recent Gatekeeper Pack - although, that's the one piece I've already unlocked in that set. A while back I hawked a pair of her boots for like 5 million on GTN. Anyone know if this is a cool set to own? I might have to track it down for my female Consular.

Yep, I just received some Satele Shan 'Leggings' in a recent Gatekeeper Pack - although, that's the one piece I've already unlocked in that set. A while back I hawked a pair of her boots for like 5 million on GTN. Anyone know if this is a cool set to own? I might have to track it down for my female Consular.

Well, it's a bit weird: three of the five pieces are common enough that they go (on my server) for around a million each, while the other two (including the chest, duh), a few months back, were 35-40 million each.

Is it cool? Well, that's a bit subjective. Do people want it? Hell yeah!

Picture this, on a BT2 human female character with skin colour around 22-23 and black hair:

* Relaxed Uniform Chest

* Relaxed Uniform Gloves

* Covert Energy Wrists

* Relaxed Uniform Belt

* Exquisite Dancer Legs

* Satele Shan's Boots

* Hide Head Slot

* Black/Black on the chest, unified.

Well, it's a bit weird: three of the five pieces are common enough that they go (on my server) for around a million each, while the other two (including the chest, duh), a few months back, were 35-40 million each.

Is it cool? Well, that's a bit subjective. Do people want it? Hell yeah!

Picture this, on a BT2 human female character with skin colour around 22-23 and black hair:

* Relaxed Uniform Chest

* Relaxed Uniform Gloves

* Covert Energy Wrists

* Relaxed Uniform Belt

* Exquisite Dancer Legs

* Satele Shan's Boots

* Hide Head Slot

* Black/Black on the chest, unified.

Thanks for the info.

It definitely sounds like a pricey outfit. Sheesh, I could almost purchase a Guild Flagship instead. After looking at a few pics, it's kind of a sexy attire - but worth the millions upon millions asking price? Guess it depends on the individual at hand. I suppose just the rarity might warrant the price for any completionist.

Anyhow, that 'Relaxed Uniform' is a nice outfit. I keep Mako decked-out with a few of those scantily clad pieces, so she's always looking like a saucy little vixen while traveling through the galaxy.:p