HK-55 for non subscribers

moonhunterdeath

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion is if a non-subscriber is willing to pay extra money to get stuff they did not qualify for, it can only help the game.

Until you acknowledge that making exclusive subscriber rewards available to those who are NOT entitled to have them WILL have a negative impact on the success of any future subscriber rewards programs. After all, why should I bother to subscribe now, when I can just whine, cry, beg, clamor and pester later and get that shiny for free or a pittance of what those subscribers paid?

Let's be honest, if that "non subscriber" was TRULY willing to spend money to get that shiny, they should have spent that money when that shiny was available.

Let's be honest, if that "non subscriber" was TRULY willing to spend money to get that shiny, they should have spent that money when that shiny was available.

So if it was a new player to the game, who hasn't been following anything about SWTOR up until this point in time (for whatever reasoning), how would they know about something at the time of the promotion? They wouldn't, to suggest otherwise is living in fantasyland.

I think someone else hit the nail on the head with subscriber rewards, BioWare should give every subscriber to the game a "token" for each month of subscription (including subscriptions up until this point as a reward for loyalty), then simply have a vendor on fleet / something on the Cartel Market that lets subscribers use those tokens to purchase "rewards" they feel are relevant to them directly. One token per reward, not anymore.

That way subscribers get to pick and choose what rewards they receive, as the tokens and rewards are account bound, they can't be sold / traded or otherwise used to benefit non-subscribers.

That way, they could simply add all previous rewards and any future rewards to that system. It rewards longer term subscribers and stops this whole nonsense about "exclusive"* stuff no longer being available, and stops these threads in their tracks. It would benefit BioWare, and it would create goodwill amongst current and future subscribers who are new to the game.

*read as "elitist attitudes".

Until you acknowledge that making exclusive subscriber rewards available to those who are NOT entitled to have them WILL have a negative impact on the success of any future subscriber rewards programs. After all, why should I bother to subscribe now, when I can just whine, cry, beg, clamor and pester later and get that shiny for free or a pittance of what those subscribers paid?

Companions as limited time sub rewards is what will hurt this game more than anything. All it's done since inception is horribly polarize the community, and this very thread and the one about Nico are all the proof you should need. :rolleyes:

I think someone else hit the nail on the head with subscriber rewards, BioWare should give every subscriber to the game a "token" for each month of subscription (including subscriptions up until this point as a reward for loyalty), then simply have a vendor on fleet / something on the Cartel Market that lets subscribers use those tokens to purchase "rewards" they feel are relevant to them directly. One token per reward, not anymore.

That way subscribers get to pick and choose what rewards they receive, as the tokens and rewards are account bound, they can't be sold / traded or otherwise used to benefit non-subscribers.

That way, they could simply add all previous rewards and any future rewards to that system. It rewards longer term subscribers and stops this whole nonsense about "exclusive"* stuff no longer being available, and stops these threads in their tracks. It would benefit BioWare, and it would create goodwill amongst current and future subscribers who are new to the game.

That's honestly a brilliant idea.

Edited by ZanyaCross

Companions as limited time sub rewards is what will hurt this game more than anything. All it's done since inception is horribly polarize the community, and this very thread and the one about Nico are all the proof you should need. :rolleyes:

This has nothing to do with companions as subscriber rewards.

This is all about self entitled players wanting "shinies" they KNOW they are not entitled to have.

All you have to do is to read through the forums and acknowledge all the threads that demand that the party Jawa be made available again, or any of the other subscriber rewards, for that matter, to see that for yourself.

So if it was a new player to the game, who hasn't been following anything about SWTOR up until this point in time (for whatever reasoning), how would they know about something at the time of the promotion? They wouldn't, to suggest otherwise is living in fantasyland.

*read as "elitist attitudes".

I have already indicated my support for veteran rewards in addition to time specific subscriber rewards.

I think that the two types of reward systems should have separate and different rewards, though.

I do NOT think that any of the past subscriber rewards should ever be made available again. Once you start down that road, where does it end? Should the old exclusive PVP rewards be made available again? After all, those new players you want to defend soooooo adamantly never got the chance to participate in those seasons. How about any of the other things that can no longer be obtained?

No, I think it best to leave past exclusives in that category--past exclusives, no longer obtainable.

There is nothing wrong with having some rewards that not everyone can obtain.

New Player might just see what nifty rewards are given to subscribers and choose to subscribe to the game themselves to get in on the action, sparking some new revenue for the game. That's the whole idea of subscriber rewards - enticing people to support the game.

So if it was a new player to the game, who hasn't been following anything about SWTOR up until this point in time (for whatever reasoning), how would they know about something at the time of the promotion? They wouldn't, to suggest otherwise is living in fantasyland...

Just out of curiosity (because this is the only mmo I play), does any other mmo do this? For instance....If I decide today I wanna play WoW, can I get any "limited time promotional item" they offered 10yrs ago? Because that's essentially what I'm seeing here. Can I sub to Eve or Age of Conan today and get all the same achievements, mounts, ships, weapons, pets, etc as someone who's been a sub since day one? :confused:

Cause I'm pretty sure if I go in Walmart with a sale flyer from Black Friday 2014 trying to get a 42" TV for $120 they gonna laugh me right out the front door. :D

Just out of curiosity (because this is the only mmo I play), does any other mmo do this? For instance....If I decide today I wanna play WoW, can I get any "limited time promotional item" they offered 10yrs ago? Because that's essentially what I'm seeing here. Can I sub to Eve or Age of Conan today and get all the same achievements, mounts, ships, weapons, pets, etc as someone who's been a sub since day one? :confused:

Cause I'm pretty sure if I go in Walmart with a sale flyer from Black Friday 2014 trying to get a 42" TV for $120 they gonna laugh me right out the front door. :D

Every other MMO I have played has items that are no longer obtainable.

Not all of them are subscriber rewards, though.

For example, while it is technically possible to play WoW without a subscription, unless subscribed you cannot play any character over level 20. Thus, almost every player in WoW is subscribed.

There are plenty of items that can no longer be obtained, though. The core hound mount from the 10th anniversary is one of them, although there is at least one recolor of that mount that is available.

That is what we have been saying from the start of this thread. It is ridiculous to expect something like that.

I'm all for a better system for rewarding subscribers. Whether that system be a Vet system or Token system. I've gone as far as posting my suggestions in the Suggestion forum.

As bad as this reward system (bribery system in my opinion) is, it's the way things work. You either comply with the Terms and Conditions of the promotion to get the items, or don't and forfeit your chance to get the item(s). Compliance falls to each of us that play the game. It's not BW's responsibility afterwards.

Edited by PorsaLindahl

This has nothing to do with companions as subscriber rewards.

This is all about self entitled players wanting "shinies" they KNOW they are not entitled to have.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. I've never seen the kind of blowups before that I have with HK and Nico, and neither have you.

This isn't Walmart.

As to the other part of your post, how would I know, I don't follow the other MMO titles (which is kind of making my point clear here, in a roundabout way).

The point, people seem to be missing isn't about exclusivity of other rewards (way to off on a tangent here Ratajack :rolleyes:), this is purely about subscriber rewards. As to defending the new players? Why shouldn't I exactly? Because you've all been here longer than them and are more invested in the game than they are? Because you've all collected your exclusive subscriber rewards and no-one else is allowed to have them because you all say so?

Well excuse me for actually thinking this probably isn't the best way to entice new players into an established title. If I wondered off to another MMO title, and read the forums with the elitist attitudes I'm seeing in this thread, I'd be pretty put off from even wanting to join the game. This is why I don't play any moba games, the community essentially seems like a bunch of children. Is this what SWTOR is now?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Edited by Transcendent

This isn't Walmart.

As to the other part of your post, how would I know, I don't follow the other MMO titles (which is kind of making my point clear here, in a roundabout way).

The point, people seem to be missing isn't about exclusivity of other rewards (way to off on a tangent here Ratajack :rolleyes:), this is purely about subscriber rewards. As to defending the new players? Why shouldn't I exactly? Because you've all been here longer than them and are more invested in the game than they are? Because you've all collected your exclusive subscriber rewards and no-one else is allowed to have them because you all say so?

Well excuse me for actually thinking this probably isn't the best way to entice new players into an established title. If I wondered off to another MMO title, and read the forums with the elitist attitudes I'm seeing in this thread, I'd be pretty put off from even wanting to join the game. This is why I don't play any moba games, the community essentially seems like a bunch of children. Is this what SWTOR is now?

this has nothing to do with new players, stop trying to act like your some kind of advocate for them. New players probably could care less about the HK companion. This is about existing, part time subs, that are mad because they didnt meet the advertised requirements to get the companion or the bonus chapter.

I really find it funny when people wrap their own personal interests in some cheese, portraying themselves as some kind of advocate for new players.

If I wondered off to another MMO title, and read the forums with the elitist attitudes I'm seeing in this thread, I'd be pretty put off from even wanting to join the game. This is why I don't play any moba games, the community essentially seems like a bunch of children. Is this what SWTOR is now?

Yes. This is pretty much what the SWTOR community is. A bunch of kids whining about keeping their precious to make themselves feel special. It's pretty sad, but whatever. I have every thing that was offered from this game in terms of subscriber rewards and in game special rewards from events. It doesn't bother me in the slightest if they were to give them out to F2P or new subscribers day 1 today. The **** ain't that serious.

And as I said previously in this thread. If you think subscriber rewards or a subscription period is what is keeping this game afloat, you have seriously been asleep for the past 4 years. The CM is what sustains this game and keeps it afloat. The funny thing is is that some of the same people in this thread against the OP are the same ones who defend the CM for the same reason I just stated. It just reinforces my belief that people defend and argue for this game just to do it. AKA willful liars.

I have a question, why would you support bioware for putting rewards behind subs. To me is seems they are afraid that their product cannot stand on its own two feet without the rewards. If you put out a good product then people will want to remain sub because of the product.

Gating rewards/content (w/e you want to call it ) seems like a desperate move to me. It is like they are saying yea we know we not doing such a good job but lets add this reward and maybe people will ignore how we are producing our product just for a "shiny new toy."

NOTE: Before you guys jump down my throat I have all the rewards.

I have a question, why would you support bioware for putting rewards behind subs. To me is seems they are afraid that their product cannot stand on its own two feet without the rewards. If you put out a good product then people will want to remain sub because of the product.

Gating rewards/content (w/e you want to call it ) seems like a desperate move to me. It is like they are saying yea we know we not doing such a good job but lets add this reward and maybe people will ignore how we are producing our product just for a "shiny new toy."

Pretty much. But for some reason, some people just didn't get that memo.

Their is absolutely nothing wrong with them putting rewards for subs. This is a subscription MMO, there is nothing wrong with them rewarding people that actually maintain a sub for a duration of time.

What this boils down to is some people that only sub a month here or there, to get as much as they can for that one month sub. They thought they were gaming the system, now they are upset that they are not getting a shiney for it.

Yes. This is pretty much what the SWTOR community is. A bunch of kids whining about keeping their precious to make themselves feel special. It's pretty sad, but whatever. I have every thing that was offered from this game in terms of subscriber rewards and in game special rewards from events. It doesn't bother me in the slightest if they were to give them out to F2P or new subscribers day 1 today. The **** ain't that serious.

And as I said previously in this thread. If you think subscriber rewards or a subscription period is what is keeping this game afloat, you have seriously been asleep for the past 4 years. The CM is what sustains this game and keeps it afloat. The funny thing is is that some of the same people in this thread against the OP are the same ones who defend the CM for the same reason I just stated. It just reinforces my belief that people defend and argue for this game just to do it. AKA willful liars.

Considering that the vast majority of CM income comes from SUBSCRIBERS, I would say that it is both subscribers and the CM that are keeping this game afloat.

Again, is Johnny isn't willing to spend the $15 to subscribe and get the shiny while it's available, why should I believe that Johnny is going to spend the $15 or more to buy the shiny off the CM. I find it far more likely that Johnny will either expect to be able to use "free" CC's (either from referral stipends or left from when he did subscribe) or expect the shiny to be a pittance of the cost of a subscription. We already have people demanding that the bonus chapter be made available for less than $10, a pittance compared to he $120 that those that qualified for that bonus chapter paid to remain subscribed for those 8 months.

I do not think any of the subscriber rewards should ever be made available again, but IF BW decided to make any of the subscriber rewards available again, they should NOT be made available for CC"s, only RL money transactions.

This isn't Walmart.

What makes PVP rewards able to be exclusive (after all, new players never had the chance to play in those seasons) but not subscriber rewards?

Is it possibly because some people have some of those exclusive PVP rewards, but did NOT qualify for a subscriber reward or two, and therefore are NOT entitled to have that reward, but OH SOOOO DESPERATELY want that reward?