HK-55 for non subscribers

moonhunterdeath

I used a screenshot from the server selection screen... You are the one who is using "unofficial sources."

What are you talking about lol? The second link is from a Bioware employee...:confused:

There may be that many if you included European servers.

If? If? Of course I included them...why wouldn't I?

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you talking about lol? The second link is from a Bioware employee...:confused:

If? If? Of course I included them...why wouldn't I?

Your first link was to some guy collecting statistics on a fan site. It was not official. I never stated your second link wasn't official. I merely pointed out the absurdity in your statement when you claimed a screenshot from the server selection screen at launch wasn't "official."

Considering you are talking about how Harbinger is dying (not an EU server), of course the EU servers aren't relevant to the discussion. You were the one who brought up the irrelevant point of server numbers to start. The reality is the game is no more dead than it was three months after launch. You just think it is because you aren't happy with the game. It's all in your head.

The reality is the game is no more dead than it was three months after launch. You just think it is because you aren't happy with the game. It's all in your head.

Dude you invented a whole new branch in mathematics where 20 > 214 :)

In most games, in particular single player games where I can name my characters more what I like, I generally have a character named Miss Management. The word mismanagement is what I believe we are looking for with this game.

In most games, in particular single player games where I can name my characters more what I like, I generally have a character named Miss Management. The word mismanagement is what I believe we are looking for with this game.

I thought you always used Queen of the Internet

My first link was to a guy collecting the data on THIS site. It links directly back to THESE forums.

http://www.torstatus.net/

This is not an official site buddy. This is what that poster on the forums was getting his data from. It's a fan creation, thus "unofficial."

Really, you should take to time to actually look at your alleged "sources."

Again, severs are irrelevant. That was a point you brought up to divert from the actual substance of the thread. You claim the game is dead because BioWare is no longer catering to raiders and that you've never seen it this bad before. As someone who has been on this game since the very beginning, I can speak from personal experience (playing on every NA server and some EU servers) that this game is not dead.

http://www.torstatus.net/

This is not an official site buddy. This is what that poster on the forums was getting his data from. It's a fan creation, thus "unofficial."

Thankfully I never gave anyone that link. I wasn't trying to verify his data, just the server counts, which have been proven (officially) to be far above your fan fic/pic 'proof'.

Edited by TUXs

As someone who has been on this game since the very beginning, I can speak from personal experience (playing on every NA server and some EU servers) that this game is not dead.

And as someone who has been on this game since the very beginning, I too can speak from personal experience (playing on The Shadlowlands) that this is the first time I have seriously considered cancelling my subscription and I worry that many others feel the same or have acted upon it. I also feel that if the perceived value doesn't increase that they face people passing on subscribing for KotET only to wait for the chapters at the end. I fear the experiment that was kotfe, while doing some things very well, left many holes in its wake that will disenfranchise current and potential subscribers.

I am sorry, but for one months sub I could have played through all chapters in one week. Was $15 enough to justify an HK-55 themed blaster and a bonus chapter? I am progressively feeling the answer was no... that's why I am speaking against the status quo. Because if the game isn't subject to criticism, it won't last. Period.

Thankfully I never gave anyone that link. I wasn't trying to verify his data, just the server counts, which have been proven (officially) to be far above your fan fic/pic 'proof'.

Yes. My "fan fic/pic 'proof'," which was actually a screenshot taken in-game of the servers, is totally "unofficial."

Good luck with that bud. I can understand now why you think SWTOR is dying and the sky is falling. I'll leave you to your self-created pity party.

I am sorry, but for one months sub I could have played through all chapters in one week. Was $15 enough to justify an HK-55 themed blaster and a bonus chapter? I am progressively feeling the answer was no... that's why I am speaking against the status quo. Because if the game isn't subject to criticism, it won't last. Period.

HERATIC!!!! HOW COULD YOU NOT LIKE THE HK GLORIOUS OVERLORD!!!

Maybe.. maybe they just used the wrong HK unit... for KOTET we should get HK-47 themed cosmetics.

And as someone who has been on this game since the very beginning, I too can speak from personal experience (playing on The Shadlowlands) that this is the first time I have seriously considered cancelling my subscription and I worry that many others feel the same or have acted upon it. I also feel that if the perceived value doesn't increase that they face people passing on subscribing for KotET only to wait for the chapters at the end. I fear the experiment that was kotfe, while doing some things very well, left many holes in its wake that will disenfranchise current and potential subscribers.

Sometimes I wonder how long certain content takes in manhours to create.

Making Ravagers and ToS HM only with no NiM seemed to indicate that NiM actually took quite a bit of time to produce.

Has anyone here worked in Raid Design, if so how long would say TFB take to develop? 2,000 hours total? 4,000 hours total? More?

Making Ravagers and ToS HM only with no NiM seemed to indicate that NiM actually took quite a bit of time to produce.

Has anyone here worked in Raid Design, if so how long would say TFB take to develop? 2,000 hours total? 4,000 hours total? More?

Didn't they make DF/DP from the ground up and start with NIM and slowly lower their way down to SM to make it easier? I can't cite it sadly and only heard rumors :(.

I know I like operations and raids, but I don't really even care if that's what they did. They could do any variety of group content with some repeatable value. World events, flashpoints, heroics, operations, instanced world bosses, pvp objectives in the open world.

If they had a budget way to crank out any of that, it would help imo.

Regarding the exclusive subscriber rewards, they already HAVE painted themselves into a corner.

Those rewards WERE listed and advertised as EXCLUSIVE. The fact that I do not own a TARDIS and cannot link a page that no longer exists does NOT change that.

It seems to me that BW now has two choices.

Choice one is to remain loyal to those remained loyal to BW and met the requirements to receive HK-55 as a companion and the bonus HK-55 chapter.

Choice two is to go back on their word and cater to those entitled players who could not even be bothered to financially support this game, but want the rewards that those who DID financially support the game received.

Even if by purchasing the reward they are 'financially supporting this game'?

$15 in coins for a companion that cost $15 for subscribers who had an active sub the month it was originally released. What's the difference?

A little query: let's say a player subscribed twice in the past year or so, once for HK, once for Nico. Are they really loyal to the game by your thinking? Would a player that dropped $30 in coins to receive both be as loyal, or still "entitled"?

BTW weren't there white crystals that eventually made it to the cartel market? So much for exclusive, eh?

Edited by CorellianWannabe

Even if by purchasing the reward they are 'financially supporting this game'?

$15 in coins for a companion that cost $15 for subscribers who had an active sub the month it was originally released. What's the difference?

A little query: let's say a player subscribed twice in the past year or so, once for HK, once for Nico. Are they really loyal to the game by your thinking? Would a player that dropped $30 in coins to receive both be as loyal, or still "entitled"?

BTW weren't there white crystals that eventually made it to the cartel market? So much for exclusive, eh?

I don't think the white crystals sold directly in game from a vendor were marketed as exclusive. They removed the vendor in patch 1.2 but I don't think there was ever any mention that they were never coming back to the game.

I don't think the white crystals sold directly in game from a vendor were marketed as exclusive. They removed the vendor in patch 1.2 but I don't think there was ever any mention that they were never coming back to the game.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3467987#post3467987

"Never is such a harsh word.

There will be no way to obtain white color crystals in Game Update 1.2 or any of the 1.2 series of patches. As for further into the future, it is fair to say that we have not yet made up our minds.

However, should a white color crystal be made available at a later time, you can be certain that the mode of acquiring it will be significantly more involved than going to a vendor. That's a one-time opportunity during patch 1.1.5 that will likely not return for a long, long time."

At the time I recall plenty of wailing about how it being a 'one-time opportunity' made it worth the cost and bringing it back would cheapen it for those who had it.

Every day I *smh* more and more at the shear lunacy of some people and their "logic" around here.

Again, here is someone comparing apples to aardvarks trying desperately to justify their position.

White crystals were NEVER a time-limited exclusive subscriber incentive and cannot be compared to ones that are. They have NEVER brought back and should NEVER bring back TIME-LIMITED EXCLUSIVE SUBSCRIBER INCENTIVES.

Edited by PetFish