Don't Buy Old Hypercrates from the Cartel Market

Saregon

They put some old stuff back on the market today, just here to say definitely DON'T buy the hypercrates, you can buy 24 individual packs (6000 CCs) for less CCs than the hypercrate costs (6480 CCs). LOL GG BW

P.S. Also don't buy them because the drops are bugged.

Nope.

1) That image on Dulfy is not what is being reflected in game and 2) it also doesn't reflect what is shown in the text below it.

So pretty much fail all around for you.

Then they changed it after I pointed out the obvious blunder, so I still win.

You'll learn eventually, I always win.

Or just not being jerks helps too...

http://dulfy.net/2016/08/16/swtor-cm-weekly-sales-august-16-23/

Old Hypercrates = 6480 CCs for 24 packs

Individual Packs = 250 CCs...250 X 24 = 6000 CCs

Yep, math is hard, I win.

Well, as the reigning Queen of the Internet, I'd like to welcome you to the internet, you must be new here. Take a look around, see the sights, and most importantly, don't take it too seriously.

I'll be purchasing several hypercrates of each pack to encourage them to do the same with other older packs. This is a great chance to fill up my collection that I missed while I was away from the game. Ignore the XXXclusive twits that want to hoard all the old stuff for themselves or sell them for outrageous prices on the GTN.

I'll be purchasing several hypercrates of each pack to encourage them to do the same with other older packs. This is a great chance to fill up my collection that I missed while I was away from the game. Ignore the XXXclusive twits that want to hoard all the old stuff for themselves or sell them for outrageous prices on the GTN.

They've re-released older packs... definitely a step in the right direction instead of credit nerfs since this actually does fight inflation by increasing supply. :)

What's wrong with hoarding older stuff exactly? It provides availability when BioWare choose not to provide that availability by not having items up for direct sale. That makes those players that do this twits now does it? Supply and demand sets pricing, not some sense of obligation to set the prices low regardless of supply.

No. Five items per pack, but no certs. That said, I bought one crate of each of the four types, and I got *SIX* Covert Energy (invisible) chest pieces. But they do have "shower of credits" tokens in them.

Welps, then the entire exercise is pretty pointless, since old stuff drops from chance cubes, too, yes?

Sure getting older crates older stuff helps with the supply demand price hiking but... why on gods earth do they promote the crates as having a crafting material of at least prototype quality when the 2 lots i've gotten out of a couple of crates is now obsolete in game and no longer useable.. its vendor trash.

As for the credit boxes... great ploy to push additional Cartel sales for Escrow transfers BW :)

Edited by Bloodstealer

These are shipment 1 packs, they never had certificates in them to start with, certs didn't start till shipment 2, the Contraband Packs.

Welps, then the entire exercise is pretty pointless, since old stuff drops from chance cubes, too, yes?
If you're after a specific item from these, you are far far better off buying these packs as you're not rolling against all the other shipments, packs and every item ever sold on the CM.

Mathematically, you have a better chance of winning your state lottery than getting a specific item you're after from a chance cube.