Free character transfers from tofn

I totally agree with everything said in this thread.

I was away for 2 months without Internet due to house move and when I came back the server suddenly turned dead.

I am legendary player with 12 characters. I have been sub without stop almost since beginning of the game and now I can not play it.

Whoever proposed about starting new toon at TRE can go and.... himself

I have 8 chars at 65 with fully augmented top tier pvp armours with some of the armours and weapons no longer available to buy/get. I am not starting to grind for all that from the scratch.

I have started in game ticked which was just closed without explanation. Considering the numbers of people online on the server there must be at least half of server population here.

I guess if nothing will change by the end of the month it will be time to say goodbye to SWTOR before next months sub will kick in.

It is a shame that none from admin team even bothers to reply to all those complaints. Perhaps people need to take to social media about being screwed by EA before someone will take any action?!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do one of these 3 at least.....

1. Merge the servers,

2. Legacy moves to an affordable amount like 1000cc

3. Char transfers at a price of 90-100cc(permanent price for this)

absolutely agree!

Char transfers at a price of 90-100cc(permanent price for this), it is the minimal solution

I'll put in my two cents here as well. Returned after some time of not playing only to find the whole place abandoned. I'm considering to drop the subscription cause I don't feel like paying for a single player game. You better come up with something fast, BioWare. Even my 'love' for Star Wars will not be able to make me stay forever. :jawa_mad:

Yesterday I've bought game time for one month, and I regret it :mad:...why you might ask? Well there was only 9-18 players on the Imperial Fleet, on Balmorra there was only 17. On the Light Side character there was only 4 players when I logged in. Server is dead , social aspect is gone and I wasted my money. I'm so pissed, but no I won't demand my money, at least I got the cartel coins. I'll just go play Guild Wars 2 and will not resubscribe until this server gets some players back, I think 50 + players on Imperial Fleet is a must. Transfer you character or make a new one on The Red Eclipse you might say. Hell no, I spent too much time on my 4 characters and making new ones with new legacy is only a waste of time and nerves. I'd like to progress further on my existing characters.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO EA, BIOWARE & LUCAS ARTS: Please MERGE LOW POPULATED SERVERS with higher pop. ones or make some kind of megaservers like GW2. I quote "players are placed into the same instance as everyone else in the same region, until the game determines that the map is getting full, at which point it creates a new instance." from Guild Wars 2 Official Wiki (8 of August 2016). This is a nice system of placing players from overpopulated place to where there is less players.

I still LOVE the game YOU developers made and I respect your dedication and time invested in it. It's still my second favorite MMO right after WoW and GW2 is on the third place. :o So please listen to us players and do something about this issue.

I would also very much like something be done - either a merge or a discount on transfers. I just came back yesterday, and after finishing a couple of kotfe chapters that I was missing, happy to get back to normal gameplay after that, I was shocked to find barely anyone playing on TOFN.

Same as other posters before me, i don't feel like paying for 7000CC (for the transfers of 7 of my toons) to even play the game normally. I think I paid enough for this game already over all those years.

Edited by Wrzaskun

They are not going to do mergers due to the fact it would be a problem since they have yet to figure out who to transfer guild strongholds and guild ships.

Sure some of you would say so what doesn't matter for me but for some others on that server it would matter to them.

So until they figure that out they are not going to give server mergers even to pvp servers.

They are not going to do mergers due to the fact it would be a problem since they have yet to figure out who to transfer guild strongholds and guild ships (...)

I can understand that - and it would also be unfair to all those people I just found out moved to TRE. Moving a lot of toons must have been an expense even at the reduced price. That is why I would wlcome yet another turn of reduced prices for transfers, but it would need to happen pretty quick, otherwise, there's just no point.

By the way, I wonder if this portion of the forum gets any attention from community managers - I mean, this is actually quite an issue for a considerable number of people still. Is it possible that they are not aware?

Im planning on playing the game again. But not on a dead server. Got 12 characters and dont wanna use 12k on server transfer. Im not willing to use $80 USD on cartel coins. EA BW SWTOR, merge or put the price down.

Do I think that BW has handled this situation poorly? yes I do. Do I think they should offer some sort of compromise solution? Yes and I have even offered a suggestion several times (one time per character cheap transfers with a time limit; login to a character or create a new character and the timer begin, you have 30 days to use the cheap transfer on that one character, if you use it great, if not you were warned.) Do I think they will do something about it? I am not hopeful.

To those stuck on a dead server, I will give you the advice that TUXs gives: put everything you can onto a single character, and transfer that one character to a populated server using the one free transfer you should have for subscribing. You can then either "start over" with a decent stockpile of credits and other stuff on that new server, or you can transfer another character over every two months using the 500CC subscriber stipend. or a combination.

Is this an ideal solution? absolutely not, but it is the best solution we have at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
i too am a recently returned player who's gutted to find my whole legacy is stuck on a dead server.

As someone who's been a sub for a long time (i left my sub active as i always intended to come back), i totally refuse to have to spend £40.00 or whatever just to be able to enjoy the game properly because my server died while i wasn't playing. What happens if i do and that server dies in a few months, do they expect me to pay again?

Surely devs would realise dead servers leads to lost players? You might get 1 in 10 paying for a transfer but that's hardly a retention rate any business would, or should, be aiming for. Surely it makes sense when an active server population drops so low (if there's 20 people in fleet it's a party!) to do free transfers to another server so those players might actually stay with the game?

I see a few replies of people who say just start over. No, i've ploughed so many hours into those 13 or so chars and leveling up my legacy, not a chance in hell will i redo it all when it can easily happen again. Plus it's unfair to put players in the position where they may have to abandon all progress and start again due to poor server management.

Simple message to devs - either offer a solution or lose players (after 4 days back i'm on verge of leaving again due to this issue).

then good bye..don't let the door hit you in the backside as you leave

here's solution: transfer to other server?

I already pay a subscription to play this mmo. Why should I have to pay even more money to actually get to play the mmo game I'm subscribed to. The problem isn't at my end, I'm paying my subscription to play this mmo. The problem is with the game that isn't providing the services as advertised, and want to charge me extra above my subscription fee to actually play their game.

• 3 weeks later...