Petition: Retroactive For Dark Vs Light Event For Veteran Players and...

DarthEnrique

Like every other event ever...... the rewards. Nobody has the rewards yet, and not unless they do the event sequence, be they new players or 5 year veterans.

Now.. seeing the rewards as not worth the effort... totally fair personal perspective to take. I, for example, do not see the Legendary rewards to be worth the extreme effort.. so I won't chase them. But all the rest are interesting enough to put in the modest effort required to gain them over the event period. The key for me is to pace myself and do a little each day so that I don't get event burn out.

You've completely and utterly missed the point.

This isn't about the rewards. The general negativity regarding this event is the method in which to get those rewards, and that long term players (who have probably completed all of those requirements before, possibly multiple times over) are being told to do them again in order to get the rewards.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't about the rewards. The general negativity regarding this event is the method in which to get those rewards, and that long term players (who have probably completed all of those requirements before, possibly multiple times over) are being told to do them again in order to get the rewards.

This.

Thou who doesn't have a gravtar, have no knowledge of life.

Why would one expect to get credit and rewards from an event without actually achieving the goals within the event's timeframe? The entitlement is pathetic.

Why would one expect to get credit and rewards from an event without actually achieving the goals within the event's timeframe? The entitlement is pathetic.

At this point it's the same people going around in circles arguing the same points in different threads, I think it's time for a truce until word from Corporate imperial EA is heard, because no one has changed their stance since the start of this battle.

Edited by peter_plankskull

The idea of a "timeframe" to redo things that many long-time customers have done so so many times is pathetic. This isn't daily missions in something like the Gree event, this is leveling new characters, running all over the game, regrinding crew skills, revisiting a bunch of areas, etc, etc, etc, all just for the sake of throwing something at the players.

Bioware's "delete a character or start over on a new server" level of answers to various concerns from their players/customers... also absolutely pathetic.

Nice buzzword there.

Maybe if Bioware made this event better, we wouldn't be having this large outcry. People want the credits and rewards instantly because of the way the event is set up. They have already completed those objectives through normal play, and they would rather not have to do that all over again, which is why they are asking for the objectives to be retroactive.

New players have never played the game before, they will naturally explore and discover the game whilst at the same time getting rewards from this event. Older, long term players will have a completely different experience to a new player, a much more grindy and boring one (considering the feedback on this forum).

These older players want to be acknowledged in this event, and this is purely because of the requirements of the event.

If the objectives were entirely new to new players and older players, there wouldn't be as much of an outcry tbh.

Edited by DarthWoad

The true point most of these players are saying is. I want the rewards, but am to lazy to do the work for them during the actual event. I've done it all before as well (50+ characters) and I should not expect past achievements to count for an event like this. If I don't do the work during the event I deserve NOTHING. These players are simply showing how entitled they truly are to think they should get the rewards on day 1 of the event going live, and not even having to participate in it.

Edited by Toraak

The true point most of these players are saying is. I want the rewards, but am to lazy to do the work for them during the actual event. I've done it all before as well (50+ characters) and I should not expect past achievements to count for an event like this. If I don't do the work during the event I deserve NOTHING. These players are simply showing how entitled they truly are to think they should get the rewards on day 1 of the event going live, and not even having to participate in it.

Many of us are not saying that, we are saying why can't we do stuff with our mains? Why do we have to abandon the characters we have played for the past 4.5 years in celebration of 5 years of playing the game? In essence, why should we play if what we have done doesn't mean anything? Why did they not think of the players who have been here and do something to recognize these players?

Yeah if this event is giving out stuff, I want it on my main (don't really care too much for most of it but I want the companion). I only ever play like 1 toon despite the fact I have more than a dozen, and after this event any character I create I'm just going to never play again probably.

Also, there's no way in hell I'm grinding through 8 characters for the rewards, especially when I've done this already, sometimes more than once.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

Yeah if this event is giving out stuff, I want it on my main (don't really care too much for most of it but I want the companion). I only ever play like 1 toon despite the fact I have more than a dozen, and after this event any character I create I'm just going to never play again probably.

Also, there's no way in hell I'm grinding through 8 characters for the rewards, especially when I've done this already, sometimes more than once.

~ Eudoxia

/Agree.

Many of us are not saying that, we are saying why can't we do stuff with our mains? Why do we have to abandon the characters we have played for the past 4.5 years in celebration of 5 years of playing the game? In essence, why should we play if what we have done doesn't mean anything? Why did they not think of the players who have been here and do something to recognize these players?

This. I have 10 characters and yet none of them I can do some of the events on? Why? I can see making 1-2 more but I would like to run the flashpoints/operations with my mains. Why should I have to ignore them for this. This is not well thought of when they are asking us to ignore our mains for months (Yes months as this runs from June till possibly October). Some of the events could be ran on our mains since they are just the rehash of stuff already here.

Edited by casirabit

Like every other event ever...... the rewards. Nobody has the rewards yet, and not unless they do the event sequence, be they new players or 5 year veterans.

Now.. seeing the rewards as not worth the effort... totally fair personal perspective to take. I, for example, do not see the Legendary rewards to be worth the extreme effort.. so I won't chase them. But all the rest are interesting enough to put in the modest effort required to gain them over the event period. The key for me is to pace myself and do a little each day so that I don't get event burn out.

You made an assumption this is based on the rewards - it is not, it is about how this event is structured with the fact that the core focus is "make new toons, do the whole game all over again".

There are those that this appeals too, right on - however I think with a bit more work thrown in they could have done an event that covered BOTH those who love alts/rolling new toons with those that like playing their established mains who get left out of the event.

You made an assumption this is based on the rewards - it is not, it is about how this event is structured with the fact that the core focus is "make new toons, do the whole game all over again".

There are those that this appeals too, right on - however I think with a bit more work thrown in they could have done an event that covered BOTH those who love alts/rolling new toons with those that like playing their established mains who get left out of the event.

Thank you! I want the rewards from this on my main account with my main toons, where all my currently made toons can do this event and get the rewards. I have NO issue doing the work. I have an issue having to reroll stuff I've already done several times over (I've done the Sith Inquisator storyline 3 times already! I have ran a lot of toons through RotHC and SoR and KOTFE with only 2 actually doing all the work with recruitment, getting the alliance to 20, etc.)

Edited by DarthEnrique

/signed

Sorry BW, I'm not spending my summer re-rolling all of my characters again. Love the idea of LSvDS and that the event will have IMPACT on the galactic struggle; but its asking a lot. I couldn't help but laugh when I finally read the "Legendary" status' achievement requirements.

Full character slots on your primary server, means you need to switch to another server and you're either starting from scratch or paying up to move over a character with resources.

I might have actually considered the very cheap server transfers offered last month had I known that the event was going to be an obvious "Diablo Season"-like run through.

I love the idea, but not well thought out from the player's perspective (or blatantly evil and money grubbing):rak_02:

Edited by king_nile

It sounds like it is only a database tracking event that is limited to tracking only the current set of character milestones. I suspect after hitting LS/DS V they may not even track those points anymore. I would love to sign it, but I don't think they will do the work to track anything beyond what they already track.

Respectfully /notsigned

If you want the rewards, participate in the event. Wanting the rewards to be retroactive is like saying "I did bounty week a few times, now I deserve to have all the possible vendor rewards and legacy achievements/titles." The purpose of the event is to attract new players and give vet players incentive to play between KOTFE Season 1 & 2. In fact, it's a much better version of the 12xp leveling event with more rewards. Not sure why everyone is so pissed about that?

Also, making the items from the rewarded Dark vs Light packs BoE rather than BoP would tank the economy and ruin GTN prices, so gotta say /notsigned to that as well. :cool:

sounds like a lot of you are gonna have a bad time. the forums will be interesting over the summer, i suppose.

Our less interesting, who knows how many have already left and how many won't return or won't even be playing the game now during the summer. It's sad really...

Respectfully /notsigned

If you want the rewards, participate in the event. Wanting the rewards to be retroactive is like saying "I did bounty week a few times, now I deserve to have all the possible vendor rewards and legacy achievements/titles." The purpose of the event is to attract new players and give vet players incentive to play between KOTFE Season 1 & 2. In fact, it's a much better version of the 12xp leveling event with more rewards. Not sure why everyone is so pissed about that?

Also, making the items from the rewarded Dark vs Light packs BoE rather than BoP would tank the economy and ruin GTN prices, so gotta say /notsigned to that as well. :cool:

So, how do I get the rewards on my main?