Do we really have to level another 8 characters again?

DarthWoad

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It just hit me. This event is a copy of a star wars online event. I leveled a romulan char again, got nice rewards every few levels, bonus XP and such things.

Or its a copy of diablo3 seasons where you start from scratch, reach max level, do class related stuff and reach certain high greater rift levels and more small things.

Not very original.

So, just for clarify ...

We have 3 months (until November) for:

• Reach Level 50 with all 8 classes

• Earn 1M Credits on a Character

• Reach Dark 5 Alignment

• Reach Light 5 Alignment

• Kill 5 Specific World Bosses

• Kill 5 Specific Operations Bosses

• Complete all Hard Mode Flashpoints

• Complete the Eternal Championship

….and more! ...

Oh boy! What's that 'more' will be? :confused:

Oh yeah, this stuff http://www.swtor.com/blog/legendary-level-guide

I really hope this will be a permanent event ... if not, it's impossible to do it

Well, since it's yet another event with a key part locked behind KotFE, it's yet another part of the game I won't be bothering with.

GG, Bioware.

It just hit me. This event is a copy of a star wars online event. I leveled a romulan char again, got nice rewards every few levels, bonus XP and such things.

Or its a copy of diablo3 seasons where you start from scratch, reach max level, do class related stuff and reach certain high greater rift levels and more small things.

Not very original.

pretty much. with one crucial difference. completing these events in STO or Diablo3 doesn't require additional subscription. completing events in SWTOR? does.

the question is... is the mount, title and another gear set even worth even fraction of the effort?

That is a question that is specific to the individual. Some will say, "hell yes." Others will say, "hell no." I have a feeling that most will try and fail to reach the goal by the "due date."

That being said, BW is NOT forcing anyone to participate. If you want what they are offering - titles, mounts, packs, etc - then you are more willing to try. If not, then just say no and move on.

Going through the list of Legendary level stuff to do, most of it is easy, some of it is annoying. As someone else pointed out, the one stumbling block is GOING to be HM Blood Hunt. Even HM LI is now doable with a decent group, HM BH...no PuGs allowed and you better be in top form (gear and rotation).

That is a question that is specific to the individual. Some will say, "hell yes." Others will say, "hell no." I have a feeling that most will try and fail to reach the goal by the "due date."

That being said, BW is NOT forcing anyone to participate. If you want what they are offering - titles, mounts, packs, etc - then you are more willing to try. If not, then just say no and move on.

Going through the list of Legendary level stuff to do, most of it is easy, some of it is annoying. As someone else pointed out, the one stumbling block is GOING to be HM Blood Hunt. Even HM LI is now doable with a decent group, HM BH...no PuGs allowed and you better be in top form (gear and rotation).

I didn't say they were forcing anyone. nor did I say it was hard.

however - the biggest stumbling block would actualy be leveling 8 new characters to lvl 50 AND actualy enjoying it. you have couple of months to complete all 8 stories. you either have no life and/or hobbies outside of swtor, or you are going to rush/spacebar through all of them in order to make it in time. its just a LOT of time consuming grinding of the sort vast majority of players who have been there for at least a year - have already done.

flashpoints could be done easily enough as long as you have a set group to do them with, same goes for ops. with set group, they are actualy the easiest part.

either way. the point I was trying to make it... who thought that this was a good idea for enjoyable event? is it actualy genuinely enjoyable? are rewards... even remotely rewarding enough to do all that? or is the assumption that the real reward is being able to lord it over other players? assuming there will be enough players to lord it over or that they would even care.

however - the biggest stumbling block would actualy be leveling 8 new characters to lvl 50 AND actualy enjoying it. you have couple of months to complete all 8 stories. you either have no life and/or hobbies outside of swtor, or you are going to rush/spacebar through all of them in order to make it in time. its just a LOT of time consuming grinding of the sort vast majority of players who have been there for at least a year - have already done.

Well, they did say that you do not have to complete every story, just one Pub and one Imp, then simply queue to get the others to 50 if you want.

I still think it's a ****** thing to do to those of us who are Founders, but the more I read the less daunting it sounds.

I'm not a Legendary player (yet), but I still hope they make the level 50s apply retroactively. Even though that isn't nearly as difficult as it used to be, I'm not buying 8 more character slots for new toons. That leaves me in a position where I have to skip the rewards or delete 8 current toons. Hope they look into this, and soon.

I will, because the rewards are awesome:

Tulak Hord’s Armor Set

Satele Shan’s Armor Set

Revan Reborn’s Armor Set

Black/Black and White/White Dye

MSM J-37 Jetpack

Volatile Conqueror’s Lightsaber

Cathar Honor Sword

Unstable Arbiter’s Lightsaber

Two new Weapon Tunings, Dark-attuned and Light-attuned

Are part of them.

Tulak Hord’s Armor Set

Satele Shan’s Armor Set

Revan Reborn’s Armor Set

MSM J-37 Jetpack

Cathar Honor Sword

Are part of them.

Faster You get Credits by pick up drop and buy it via GTN. Cheers!:)

I'm out of character slots, and not buying more.

So, locked out of this event, if these threads are accurate as to the requirements to progress.

They could be doing this to drive people to dead servers. I can see some moron in the creative meeting thinking this was a great idea to drive more activity to them, because the bulk of players have their slots filled.

Tulak Hord’s Armor Set

Satele Shan’s Armor Set

Revan Reborn’s Armor Set

MSM J-37 Jetpack

Cathar Honor Sword

Are part of them.

there's no garantee that you'll get them.. you only get a CHANCE at them... and given how the cartel packs drop.. a poor chance at that. Most likely you'll end up with 50-something Honor Swords and that's it. you can't even sell them.

there's no garantee that you'll get them.. you only get a CHANCE at them... and given how the cartel packs drop.. a poor chance at that. Most likely you'll end up with 50-something Honor Swords and that's it. you can't even sell them.

But You can have for "almost" free (wasted only XXX hours) and You don't need to spend X millions on GTN or dollars like others.

Looks like Devs have said you can level and delete a character, and that will still count. So, open/buy one slot, level 6 toons to 50 and delete, a final toon of either faction to 65, and your last leveled toon can be a character you actually want to keep and do everything on, potentially. Also said Slot prices were going to be reduced.

So, open/buy one slot, level 6 toons to 50 and delete, a final toon of either faction to 65, and your last leveled toon can be a character you actually want to keep and do everything on, potentially.

That sounds like an incredibly fun and meaningful thing that takes only a short time.

That sounds like an incredibly fun and meaningful thing that takes only a short time.

Only the best thing that's happened to me all summer! Best idea I can come up with without paying (more) money or erasing over half my toons.

Edited by DarkSithFan

I been with this game since Pre-order launch of this game and I can't believe the devs are asking me to delete character just to participate in this event. Well, I guess this is one event that I'm going to just have to pass on because there is no way im going to regrind that crafting of hell system.

They could be doing this to drive people to dead servers. I can see some moron in the creative meeting thinking this was a great idea to drive more activity to them, because the bulk of players have their slots filled.

That would be horrific. Imagine grinding out toons on a dead server where you never see any others while leveling on the planets. Oh wait a minute. Thats what it was like playing this game in mid 2012 before they consolidated the servers.

Is that the only way the game will register a new toon for this event if it's on a different server where your legacy doesn't exist?

That would be horrific. Imagine grinding out toons on a dead server where you never see any others while leveling on the planets. Oh wait a minute. Thats what it was like playing this game in mid 2012 before they consolidated the servers.

Is that the only way the game will register a new toon for this event if it's on a different server where your legacy doesn't exist?

no, its any lvl one created during specified time on any server. that said... rewards being legacy only... creating a toon for rewards your main legacy will not see (unless you shell out 1k cartel coins of course) is just.. really bioware? really? its pretty transparent attempt to drive up sales of character slots