1v1 Tournament: URC#6! Saturday 2nd July - The Red Eclipse

snave

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brackets and signups have now been updated. I strongly suggest you check them before signing up as even most of the reserve spots are now taken.

PRIZE UPDATE!

Just to update everyone on the prize pool because it's a beauty!

1st place (overall) - $100

2nd place (overall) - 100 million credits

3rd place (overall) - 2400c / 30 day sub + 12 million credit

4th place (overall) - 2400c / 30 day sub + 8 million+1 credits

The runners up in each sub bracket will each receive 2 million credits and 450cc

Big thank you to Corpi (100 million!), Kuroi'Vladislav, Ghul, Eastiano, Thorance and Wintradehay for they very generous donations. Apart from Wintradehay who gave 1 credit.

That's over $200 worth of prizes up for grabs :)

I want to see how well this event plays out in terms of number of sign ups and more importantly number of people turning up on time. If it's pretty close to what it should be the next event will take part over two weekends with the first being a 32 man stealth tournament and the second being a 32 man non stealth tournament. This would also be likely to happen with a much shorter turn around than usual.

We'll also be keeping a close eye on the competitiveness of the duels to make sure the rules are tweaked to encourage more engaging duels.

Edited by snave

Brackets and signups have now been updated. I strongly suggest you check them before signing up as even most of the reserve spots are now taken.

PRIZE UPDATE!

Just to update everyone on the prize pool because it's a beauty!

1st place (overall) - $100

2nd place (overall) - 100 million credits

3rd place (overall) - 2400c / 30 day sub + 12 million credit

4th place (overall) - 2400c / 30 day sub + 8 million+1 credits

The runners up in each sub bracket will each receive 2 million credits and 450cc

Big thank you to Corpi (100 million!), Kuroivladislav, Ghul, Eastiano, Thorance and Wintradehay for they very generous donations. Apart from Wintradehay who gave 1 credit.

That's over $200 worth of prizes up for grabs :)

I want to see how well this event plays out in terms of number of sign ups and more importantly number of people turning up on time. If it's pretty close to what it should be the next event will take part over two weekends with the first being a 32 man stealth tournament and the second being a 32 man non stealth tournament. This would also be likely to happen with a much shorter turn around than usual.

We'll also be keeping a close eye on the competitiveness of the duels to make sure the rules are tweaked to encourage more engaging duels.

Wew, those are some spicy prizes.

I love the idea that you can win real money in URC now. To me 1v1 PVP is like "fast chess", and there is no reason why chess players should become millionaires and not swtor PVP'ers. If not millionaires, at least enough money that could pay your bills -- so your girlfriend will encourage you to become pro instead of being frustrated at your lazy gamerass. It takes allot of experience and thinking to become a good PVP'er and it's about time we get some respect from the world out there! ;) There is an entertainment value in this and there is an audience out there who loves watching 1v1 PVP, so it should be possible for sponsors to fill up the money pool a bit more. It might sound a bit ambitious, but not if you are a serious PVP'er who take pride your achievements. This way sponsors!

• 11 months later...