Can you skip "Knights of the Fallen Empire"?

CorePhantom

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, Koth.. and his pores.. I don't need to see that much detail thank you very much. And Lana looks like a plastic doll. What was wrong with her old model?

Better plastic doll than weird albino. I prefer the reworked version, though neither is great.

Curiously, I like Senya, though her model is right[ on the edge of the uncanny valley for me. Koth and Theron I don't care about one way of the other, and I didn't like either version of Lana.

The only other "new" comp is Nico, and he doesn't inspire much of anything in me, either.

I'm not sure what game you are playing but none of the human NPCs in the game look realistic (apart from Valkorion, who is actually really well made) and I didn't mention anything about the creatures or alien races :p

They look as realistic as they could at the time of making :p You said "NPC's", not just "human npcs", and you talked about the game style in general. I know they don't look like real people, but they don't look "cartoonish" style to me(when I see that in reference to a game, I think Wildstar, Borderlands, Overwatch, Battleborn), it looks to me like the game was going for more realistic style than cartoonish style.

I still think certain KOTFE unlocks should be tied to legacy.

Mostly odesson, zakuul and anything similar that unlocks during the storyline, also the buffs for starforge from alliance contacts 💪

Like you have one main "outlander" and rest of your legacy characters support that.

That's a really nice idea. Add in the ability to skip a chapter if you've already done it on another character and I might actually start playing the game regularly again.

Does anyone know if it will be possible to skip the "Knights of the Fallen Empire" expansion storylines and jump straight to any possible future expansion storylines?

I have bought and run my game with the expansion, but due to the devs decision to not let you keep your "old" companions, I have no intention of starting the "Knights of the Fallen Empire" storyline with any of my core characters, in fact the only character I currently have running storyline is a level boosted one and so far he's only at chapter VI because I can't get myself to play him as I don't feel any kind of relation to him and even less his companions...

In short, once I am done with the pre FE storylines the game ends for me unless there will be future expansion with independent storylines, so I'd really like to know if I'm just treading waters for nothing or if there is still hope :o

Best regards

CP

I doubt you can skip it entirely. Considering the time leap esp. Maybe like someone said you could start the next season without doing it but it would auto complete so you'd still lose your companions.

You can get them back via the terminal, you are not losing out much in the first 8 chapters without them as you are forced to use specific companions throughout all the chapters so far.

You can of course use them for non KoFtE stuff though and still experience their return into the story.

Does anyone know if it will be possible to skip the "Knights of the Fallen Empire" expansion storylines and jump straight to any possible future expansion storylines?

I have bought and run my game with the expansion, but due to the devs decision to not let you keep your "old" companions, I have no intention of starting the "Knights of the Fallen Empire" storyline with any of my core characters, in fact the only character I currently have running storyline is a level boosted one and so far he's only at chapter VI because I can't get myself to play him as I don't feel any kind of relation to him and even less his companions...

In short, once I am done with the pre FE storylines the game ends for me unless there will be future expansion with independent storylines, so I'd really like to know if I'm just treading waters for nothing or if there is still hope :o

Best regards

CP

I've pretty much done the same thing, and I won't run my mains through KOTFE as I think its a waste of time and effort. Storyline may be cool for level boosted toons, but thats about it.

They look as realistic as they could at the time of making :p You said "NPC's", not just "human npcs", and you talked about the game style in general. I know they don't look like real people, but they don't look "cartoonish" style to me(when I see that in reference to a game, I think Wildstar, Borderlands, Overwatch, Battleborn), it looks to me like the game was going for more realistic style than cartoonish style.
Hehe well yea those would be the extreme cases of cartoonish you are right about that :D

But basically cartoonish pretty much describe anything where you exaggerate shapes and sizes on things, to create a sort of emphasis, an example of this in SWTOR is the body shapes used by the PC and most of the humanoid NPCs, the petite body shape becomes a really slim / skinny body model, the muscular body shape becomes a 10 feet tall 10 feet wide bodybuilder, the overweight body shape becomes as big as a house and often you'll find boss NPCs that are meant to be really intimidating are 6 feet taller than the PC and so on and so forth ;)

None cartoonish is games where you try to make everything to scale, basically you start with creating characters that are as realistic as possible and then make everything from weapons to equipment and game environment to scale, however even in these games you'll often find that the bosses are slightly larger, just to crank up the intimidation factor :p

Right now all the following storylines are skippable:

Ilum

Makeb

Not completely accurate. When I returned to the game a few months ago I was able to skip them on my main empire and republic characters and they remained on my mission console on the ship as optional choices. Two or three months ago I started doing all the remaining class stories for the achievement and once my characters hit the level requirements for Ilum the quests for this location appeared on my screen, auto-started and cannot be deleted from my log. Same for Makeb once I had finished Ilum & hit the level requirement. You can technically skip both by ignoring your quest log & getting to a higher level through other means (area quests, space missions, heroics etc), but they will still be in your quest log annoying you forever.

It started about the same time the new Kotfe chapters began auto-starting. It could be a bug but I doubt it - I think its more to do with me completing the class stories by correct level (46/47) so to give the character an area I was force given Ilum then Makeb.

A big thanks to everyone who responded and tried to give me an answer to my question(s) :)

To those looking for answers to the same question I can say that the general consensus of the community seems to be that it will not be possible to skip "Knights of the Fallen Empire" expansion like you could some of the previous expansions.

Also for those who had the same reasons as me for wanting to skip it (which was the loss of the original companions), even though you are still not able to get most of them back to use within the KotFE storyline zones yet, you are actually able to get all of them back by accessing a terminal on Odessen after completing chapter IX, I was not aware of this as I had been away from the game for awhile :o

Anyway, once again a big thanks to everyone who was ready with a reply to my questions, it was much appreciated :)

With the best regards

CP

Not completely accurate. When I returned to the game a few months ago I was able to skip them on my main empire and republic characters and they remained on my mission console on the ship as optional choices. Two or three months ago I started doing all the remaining class stories for the achievement and once my characters hit the level requirements for Ilum the quests for this location appeared on my screen, auto-started and cannot be deleted from my log. Same for Makeb once I had finished Ilum & hit the level requirement. You can technically skip both by ignoring your quest log & getting to a higher level through other means (area quests, space missions, heroics etc), but they will still be in your quest log annoying you forever.

It started about the same time the new Kotfe chapters began auto-starting. It could be a bug but I doubt it - I think its more to do with me completing the class stories by correct level (46/47) so to give the character an area I was force given Ilum then Makeb.

Ilum has showed up (and not been abandonable) in your quest log at 50-ish for as long as I've had a 50+ character. Makeb+ has always shown up on your ship's terminal for as long as I've had a 55+ character

Anyone else wish that KOTFE's "Outlander" theme was more like that cable show "Outlander"? Instead of battling the Infinite Empire, why can't we time-travel to 18th Century Scotland, where we can wear fancy dresses and romance rascally Scots?

So ... just me then? :o

I actually love that show and if that's what we were playing here, I'd be all for it. :p

I do not want to run all 16 of my characters through the expac. I would like to skip the expac with most of them.

What are the consequences if you do skip the KoTFE epxac?

Like what happens if you just level your character up to 70 through other means?

I do not want to run all 16 of my characters through the expac. I would like to skip the expac with most of them.

What are the consequences if you do skip the KoTFE epxac?

Like what happens if you just level your character up to 70 through other means?

There is no level 70 currently, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from. As for skipping, there is no option to skip, but you can simply not do the expansion. You can still access Odessen, but you'll have to purchase the legacy unlock in order to do so. There is no 'penalty' per se, but you will not be able to recruit any of the other companions (on the flipside, you do not lose access to your original companions, though that will be temporary, anyways). Not doing KOTFE also exempts you from obtaining certain achievements which some have decorations attached to them (Star Fortresses for example)

Aside from that, there is no drawback to not doing the story, you can still get endgame gear via ops, you can still do all of the other side things, such as PVP, GSF, strongholds, etc.

There is no level 70 currently, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from. As for skipping, there is no option to skip, but you can simply not do the expansion. You can still access Odessen, but you'll have to purchase the legacy unlock in order to do so. There is no 'penalty' per se, but you will not be able to recruit any of the other companions (on the flipside, you do not lose access to your original companions, though that will be temporary, anyways). Not doing KOTFE also exempts you from obtaining certain achievements which some have decorations attached to them (Star Fortresses for example)

Aside from that, there is no drawback to not doing the story, you can still get endgame gear via ops, you can still do all of the other side things, such as PVP, GSF, strongholds, etc.

Oh ok the level cap is 65.

I have returned to the game after a break and so far what I have read about KoTFE sounds horrible.

You get all of your companions removed until the end and get stuck with some new ones with no influence, which means I do not want my crafting characters doing this expac.

You get all of the old story content and planets blocked off forever from your character which I do not want to happen with my main characters I enjoy going back and doing old content with.

So I only plan to run the expac once with the free level 60 boosted character which has nothing to lose and don't care about. The rest of my characters Ill level up to 65 though other ways and hope the next expac is better. So good to know if can be skipped.

Edited by Gammawaves

Oh ok the level cap is 65.

I have returned to the game after a break and so far what I have read about KoTFE sounds horrible.

You get all of your companions removed until the end and get stuck with some new ones with no influence, which means I do not want my crafting characters doing this expac.

You get all of the old story content and planets blocked off forever from your character which I do not want to happen with my main characters I enjoy going back and doing old content with.

So I only plan to run the expac once with the free level 60 boosted character which has nothing to lose and don't care about. The rest of my characters Ill level up to 65 though other ways and hope the next expac is better. So good to know if can be skipped.

You can get your companions back (for mechanical purposes) via the return terminal. The only content you lose access to is one-and- done stuff, you still have access to all the repeatable content in the game.

You can get your companions back (for mechanical purposes) via the return terminal. The only content you lose access to is one-and- done stuff, you still have access to all the repeatable content in the game.

yes but while your characters are doing the xpac they will not be able to use all of their leveled up companions to craft with. I don't want my crafters handicapped like that.

What do you mean you lose access to "one and done" stuff? Do you mean that my character will not be able to go back to the old planets to do heroics or gathering?

For repeatable, do you mean PVP and flashpoints?

Edited by Gammawaves

yes but while your characters are doing the xpac they will not be able to use all of their leveled up companions to craft with which is something I don't want.

What do you mean you lose access to "one and done" stuff? Do you mean that my character will not be able to go back to the old planets to do heroics or gathering?

For repeatable, do you mean PVP and flashpoints?

You absolutely can use any companion you've gotten through story or the return terminal for crafting (or any other non-chapter content). The only place you can't use your choice of companion is in KotFE chapters or certain parts of recruiting missions - your companions are assigned for story purposes. (You have to get access to Odessen to get to the return terminal, which effectively means you have to either complete Ch.IX or cough up for the priority travel; but that doesn't take THAT long to do).

You lose access to your class missions, to your companion missions, and to the storyline of Shadows of Revan. All other content (planetary story arcs, dailies, weeklies, PvP, FPs and Ops; including repeatable content on Rishi, Yavin, and Ziost), are available after starting KotFE.

• 3 weeks later...

Since I started this thread I have played 6 of my chas all the way to Odessen and two of those have now also completed the remaining chapters of the KotFE and are now ready for the upcoming chapter :)

Even though I don't regret playing any of my 6 chas up to this chapter I need to make it clear that you do NOT get all your comps back even if you reach Odessen and use the "Companion Locator Terminal" shortcut, some comps will be shown on your list of "Companions & Contacts" under the tab called "Unavailable Companions" and these comps can not be obtained through the use of the "Companion Locator Terminal" :(

I however expect that the comps under the "Unavailable Companions" tab are there because they are going to be revealed through the upcoming new chapters and as far as I can tell so far it only seems to affect a single comp per class so it's not so bad :o

But, what also needs to be pointed out as (imo) a huge bonus with the KotFE chapters, you will actually gain access to allot of the comps previously only available to other classes, not to mention the other faction and they can all be personalized with armor / outfits and weapons (not going to mention the names of the comps so I don't spoil it for anyone ;) ).

Also, to those who are worried about the time it takes to play a cha through the KotFE chapters (like I was) to get your comps back at Odessen, I can honestly say that it doesn't take that long to do and you can pretty much sk8t through the chapters once you have done it once or twice and you can grind a lot of credits and crafting resources along the way so it really doesn't feel like that much of a waste :)

Edited by CorePhantom