Found my new game

Icykill_

I hate MOBAs(I'm weird, I know) but am a fan of FPS. Will I like Overwatch?

Not sure where you got the idea its like a MOBA from, its pretty much a straight up shooter with classes (think Team Fortress 2 but shinier and with less hats)

Not sure where you got the idea its like a MOBA from, its pretty much a straight up shooter with classes (think Team Fortress 2 but shinier and with less hats)

From people in this thread and multiple gaming forums, Twitch streamers, gaming sites, Reddit...and on and on. Some people are very adamant that it isn't, others are that it is. The current term being applied to it seems to be "MOBA infused FPS".

From people in this thread and multiple gaming forums, Twitch streamers, gaming sites, Reddit...and on and on. Some people are very adamant that it isn't, others are that it is. The current term being applied to it seems to be "MOBA infused FPS".

There are no lanes, no minions, no items, and no currency or levels, so it not like any Moba that I'm aware of.

Battleborn and Paragon seem to be shooting more squarely at a moba/fps hybrid, but OW is basically Blizzard taking TF2 and working the their standard 'like X but with everything a bit better' magic on it, Moba experience will benefit you basically nothing in OW.

There are no lanes, no minions, no items, and no currency or levels, so it not like any Moba that I'm aware of.

There are levels in OW, they do not do anything mechanical (yet), but there are levels; when you gain a level you get a "loot box" which has several cosmetic items contained within: visual and audio skins, victory poses, "sprays".

There are levels in OW, they do not do anything mechanical (yet), but there are levels; when you gain a level you get a "loot box" which has several cosmetic items contained within: visual and audio skins, victory poses, "sprays".

Your account levels outside of matches, but your toon does not level inside a match the way it does in a MOBA, so its still has no resemblance to MOBA mechanics, So i'm not sure what your point is here?

Currently I am playing Master of Orion from WG. It's decent turn based strategy, but yeah OP I can understand what you are saying. I decided to get the Alienware Steam PC. It's pretty neat. My next game investment will be Stellaris. It is like Master of Orion only it seems way bigger and it looks a little more customizable. Not sure if it's turn based though.

But both games are like Spore Space Stage on steroids. But that's what games are these days. An investment. Oh both are buy the game once play as much as you want. I just hit 50 hours in Master of Orion, it does have multiplayer too if that's your thing. But overal it's good! Take care OP! :)

Wouldn't spore space stage be like master of orion since master of orion came first?

Thanks for reminding me about it though, the first 2 were some of my favourite games of all time so time to get the new one. :D