Found my new game

Icykill_

Cheating is still happening, if not as blatantly.

Stupid server lag spikes

Broken bolster

Diminishing population

No communication

.. The list goes on

Well this diehard Star Wars fan with over 30 toons who has been playing since launch has finally said enough is enough.

I've been playing Blizzards new game Overwatch the last few days. While I'm not a first person shooter fan, it is better than the sorry state of this game... It's also still in beta and is more refined and polished than swtor is.. I've participated in paid alpha/beta testing in other games and I couldn't find one fault or bug in Overwatch.

So now I will be cancelling my sub 😪

It's been a bumpy ride..

The majority of people I (used to) play PvP with are going to play Overwatch. I don't see any reason in staying a sub, for the same points you mentioned. Rest in Peace SWTOR.

It's not that strange. Game has been in a terrible state for at least two years now. The worst part is that they have released a boring warzone and a broken arena and they'll probably assume it's enough content for the next two years.

Edited by Hirchart

Overwatch is a game what i'm waiting for. Mix of MOBA and FPS from Blizzard. Hope Overwatch will see good future. And PvP in swtor is dead for 2 years. There was only players hope and excuses from BW. Edited by helpmewin

I cant say as i blame a lot of you but Overwatch is not an MMO. If you are a pure pvpers that only has interest in that side of things i would have thought youd already be playing B&S or one of those, IDK. I personally am not interested in it.

If i leave again it would likely be back to GW2 as i prefer more of the MMO side of things. It has good PvP, good PvE, and even large scale WvW options. and have no interest in going back to WoW.

In the last few months weve seen a seemingly endless run of the new "it" game dropping, most haven't been my cup of tea.

Edited by Floplag

Ok?

Setting aside the fact that I found Overwatch to be extremely overrated, it isn't even remotely similar to SWTOR. In no way would it fill the gap of not playing this game.

Its the hype train Jade, lol

I agree 100% though they are not comparable titles.

Cheating is still happening, if not as blatantly.

Stupid server lag spikes

Broken bolster

Diminishing population

No communication

.. The list goes on

Well this diehard Star Wars fan with over 30 toons who has been playing since launch has finally said enough is enough.

I've been playing Blizzards new game Overwatch the last few days. While I'm not a first person shooter fan, it is better than the sorry state of this game... It's also still in beta and is more refined and polished than swtor is.. I've participated in paid alpha/beta testing in other games and I couldn't find one fault or bug in Overwatch.

So now I will be cancelling my sub 😪

It's been a bumpy ride..

1) The cheating in this game is so small compared to other games, its virtually non existent.

2) Your connection sucks and/or your computer sucks. You queue from Australia, it's on your end. (I play on harb, and have zero issues)

3) The populations has always been small. Still get fast queue pops on Harb (not talking about ranked)

4) No communication is a people problem, not a game problem. You will find that anywhere.

5) Your list ended because you don't have anything else

I'm glad you're leaving. You literally make zero sense and have done so in every single post I've seen you in.

Already saw the first aimbot accusation for Overwatch btw and it looked pretty convincing. You aren't going to escape hacking in online games.

ROFL no kidding?

I used to run my squads punkbuster servers back in the day, i thought i heard heard or seen it all but this might be a new record. Hacks in the beta? Have gamers become that stupid?

It is true though there will always be hacks, or those who try to hack. Where bio has failed is in response to them being to slow, not in their existence.

My hope has been dangling for awhile. I'm happy that we have x-faction now even if it's just in one wz so far - it seems to work very well. I think I'll be here at least until E3. Overwatch doesn't interest me at all but I have been playing around with B&S and occasionally take stabs at Wow.

Its the hype train Jade, lol

I agree 100% though they are not comparable titles.

I agree with you that they are not comparable titles. But I'm wondering these days if MMORPG PvP is long for this world.

Think about MMORPGs. These games value consistent incremental improvement in your characters. This often leads to ability and power bloat. Which makes PvP near impossible to manage effectively. I've not played one MMORPG that has ever got PvP as balanced as MOBAs or Shooters.

And MMORPGs seem to be dying out completely. There certainly don't seem to be any AAA MMORPGs on the horizon that anyone cares about.

I agree with you that they are not comparable titles. But I'm wondering these days if MMORPG PvP is long for this world.

Think about MMORPGs. These games value consistent incremental improvement in your characters. This often leads to ability and power bloat. Which makes PvP near impossible to manage effectively. I've not played one MMORPG that has ever got PvP as balanced as MOBAs or Shooters.

And MMORPGs seem to be dying out completely. There certainly don't seem to be any AAA MMORPGs on the horizon that anyone cares about.

Im with you on that. Im still waiting for a standalone RvRvR game. Planetside-ish but MMO style combat and preferably some siege equipment. I suppose i could get Warzone standalone s now in MOBAs but none really excite me.

But I'm wondering these days if MMORPG PvP is long for this world.
It certainly looks bleak given how the industry has handled MMOs, with the rush to release any old crap in an effort to capture that WoW money, or the ever-present fall-back plan of going F2P and its inevitable death spiral into irrelevancy.

I dont think the genre is dead, but its certainly more niche than it once was.

Todays gamers dont have the patience for the stuff those of us have been in the genre for a while have endured, everything is instant gratification. If it takes longer than your average **** video they lose interest.

I personally am distressed at people thinking a game that cost $50 that they beat in one night was good, to me thats terrible and a waste of my money. Noone would have released anything like that 5-10 years ago and gotten away with it.

We will never see the WoW juggernaut again IMO. And frankly if they ever kill the genre its probably the end of gaming for me. I can see ever going back to the land of constant hacks in shooters and i wont play any game that i can beat in one drunken night, just not worth it.

Gaming companies have glommed onto tablet/phone games and ad driven crap to reach a wider audience much more than the world of hardcore MMO players.

Im with you on that. Im still waiting for a standalone RvRvR game. Planetside-ish but MMO style combat and preferably some siege equipment. I suppose i could get Warzone standalone s now in MOBAs but none really excite me.

I have my fingers crossed that Camelot Unchained is a success. Hopefully it manages to create some of the magic that DAOC had with RvR.

I have my fingers crossed that Camelot Unchained is a success. Hopefully it manages to create some of the magic that DAOC had with RvR.

Yeah. Only game ive crowd funded. Should have MMO features but PVP driven. I was dissapointed with Black Desert as I found out its really a PVE grind. Im ok with PVE and all but i like to be able to PVP to progress as effectively rather than win by a PVE race.

Yeah. Only game ive crowd funded. Should have MMO features but PVP driven. I was dissapointed with Black Desert as I found out its really a PVE grind. Im ok with PVE and all but i like to be able to PVP to progress as effectively rather than win by a PVE race.

most asian mmos are nothing but pve grinds with questionable pvp if any at all

GL & HF at overwatch.

PS - LOL @ the 1 random hater

yeah all the recent hyped released in the MMO genre left me flat for various reasons.

B&Ds idea of pvp is controlled duels, not my thing

BDO didnt really have organized PvP

Both were faaaar to grindy for my tastes and had pay 2 win elements

I dont see anything better coming personally. I've no interest in WoW Legion, Blizzard phoned this one it seems as i see it as a a total retread with a new legendary weapon system it seems thats likely to be the grind of all grinds. They are obvious far more interested in Heroes and Overwatch than WoW right now.

Currently I am playing Master of Orion from WG. It's decent turn based strategy, but yeah OP I can understand what you are saying. I decided to get the Alienware Steam PC. It's pretty neat. My next game investment will be Stellaris. It is like Master of Orion only it seems way bigger and it looks a little more customizable. Not sure if it's turn based though.

But both games are like Spore Space Stage on steroids. But that's what games are these days. An investment. Oh both are buy the game once play as much as you want. I just hit 50 hours in Master of Orion, it does have multiplayer too if that's your thing. But overal it's good! Take care OP! :)

While I like Overwatch (I did participate in the recent open beta, and I have pre-ordered it), and cannot wait for it to officially launch, I will not be abandoning SWTOR in favor of OW. I am too much of a Star Wars fanatic to ever stop playing SWTOR.