Unable to retrieve patch data.

Nomaad

"please check network connection" (308) is what I'm getting, first time this has ever happened, any ideas?

So I try to exit out of the launcher and it says you are currently patching.......is confused.

Edited by Nomaad

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"please check network connection" (308) is what I'm getting, first time this has ever happened, any ideas?

So I try to exit out of the launcher and it says you are currently patching.......is confused.

This is exactly what I am experiencing too! I closed the launcher and restarted my computer and tried to start up the launcher again. Same issue. Check my network connection (error 308) I asked my sister who also plays this game as we both live in the same house. She had no issue. What gives??? :mad:

I also did the ipconfig /flushdns and the problem still exists.

Edited by Zeng

I am having the same issue. I have closed the launcher and tried reopening it, but gives me an error about having multiple launchers open. I need to go into task manager and close it to try and reopen it...

This is exactly what I am experiencing too! I closed the launcher and restarted my computer and tried to start up the launcher again. Same issue. Check my network connection (error 308) I asked my sister who also plays this game as we both live in the same house. She had no issue. What gives??? :mad:

Three of my friends are also having no issues. w t f.

Edited by Nathan_Cousland

I have identical situation. Tried on different accounts (admin, user), still the 308 issue appears in the middle of installation. Server TRE.

wassup?

my network seems fine.

Edit: and then if you close, and restart it says "only one instance of this program can run". Well I am running ONE instance.

Edited by Przemo_No

I may have a possible solution since it worked for me.

When you get the error, close the launcher and open the task manager. Check if the launcher.exe is still running and close it manually. Reopen the launcher, log in and pray to the ancient sith lords that it will patch. If not, rinse and repeat. 1 out of 3 tries the launcher makes some progress.

I may have a possible solution since it worked for me.

When you get the error, close the launcher and open the task manager. Check if the launcher.exe is still running and close it manually. Reopen the launcher, log in and pray to the ancient sith lords that it will patch. If not, rinse and repeat. 1 out of 3 tries the launcher makes some progress.

Tried this multiple times hasnt made a difference sadly.

yeah, OK, /flushdns isn't a real fix. I spoke too soon.

Now the launcher is choking at the end of each file with the same 308 error. So after each file I have to repeat the process, close launcher (ignoring the "you are patching" lie), close out launcher32 in process tab of Task Manager, drop to DOS and flush dns. This patcher is really fardling messed up...