We need more non-CM Decorations

I've been trying to decorate my Strongholds in a nice, not-throw-a-bunch-of-random-crap-everywhere, kind of way, but it's just getting harder and harder. All of the nice, good looking stuff seems to come from the Cartel Market, which keeps going up and up in price. Hell, I've farmed Heroics harder than I think most people do just to get money to buy them, but it's always gone too fast.

I mean, name 1 cheap "Personel" (and not Felucia because you can only get 4 of her) deco out there. There are none. They're all at least 100k+ and many are over 1 million... for one damn decoration. Yes, I know, rarity, supply and demand... blah blah blah... the reason this ****s rare is because it's not in packs any more and the hoarders are scalping us raw.

We need to start getting these old decos into a vendor or as rewards for doing missions... or something. I don't want to put 999 basic freaking decos in my stronghold, I want some nice looking ones that can be gotten fairly easily/cheaply.

And what the ****s the point of having a Deco vendor which only takes a type of currency that's no longer available. Yes, I'm talking about the Cartel Certificate Vendor. "Hey look, a bunch of nice looking decos that appear cheap but you can't buy them because we're no longer offering the currency you need to buy them." Go home, BioWare, you're drunk.

Edited by theJudeAbides

I would love to see additional decos added outside of the cartel market. I liked the satisfaction of earning rep for Voss or Section X in order to buy decos. More added to Felucia would be nice. Or some non-Rakata-themed ones for data crystals. Increasing the rate of the planetary datacron drop decos, or the flashpoint ones, would also be grand.

I would love to see additional decos added outside of the cartel market. I liked the satisfaction of earning rep for Voss or Section X in order to buy decos. More added to Felucia would be nice. Or some non-Rakata-themed ones for data crystals. Increasing the rate of the planetary datacron drop decos, or the flashpoint ones, would also be grand.

Agreed with this.

Statue of the Ancient Slave is currently 120mil (and rising) in price on the GTN because the only guy selling it realises he is probably the only one that's seen the drop in a while. I have yet to see any others up.

I would love it if we got a few things;

More decos from reputations, both from prefabs and from common data crystals etc.

More decorations from flashpoints; Both new ones added and the current ones having their drop rate increased from the current abysmal rates.

More decorations from the CDC vendor itself. The themed ones we have are pretty cool, but I would love more themed ones and more themes added.

Add decorations for GSF. Give the veteran GSF pilots that have nothing left to spend ship req on something more to spend their ship and fleet req on. Bind on pickup or learned just through spending the ship req (require that the ship be mastered before you can buy any decos connected to the ship PLEASE), or give us decos for GSF unlocked through achievements.

I've tackled decorating each of the various strongholds. I've noticed some things that seem to be lacking from the pool of available decorations, at least for a new player who is locked out of certain faction reputations, can't get Cartel Certificates, missed out on the 1 credit chairs, and didn't have a chance to purchase older packs.

First, I'm going to address some of the comments I frequently read in threads like this.

• You can still get Cartel Market certificates: Well, no, you really can't. They have a tiny drop rate from a slot machine decoration that can no longer be acquired. It rarely makes an appearance on the GTN, even then only for an outrageous price, and that only provides a solution to the one lucky player who buys it.
  • You can buy older packs on the GTN: True, however they're very expensive and have a very low chance of dropping the decoration item you're looking for. You'll spend a week grinding for a lotto ticket, basically. Even then, not all of the old packs show up on the GTN.
  • You can buy Cartel Market certificate items on the GTN: Most of those items never show up in the GTN. The ones that do cost 1 million credits each. For a new player, that means Heroics for a full week to buy one single decoration. It takes several hundred items to fully decorate a stronghold, so this only works when you're trying to buy a special signature piece, not outfit a stronghold with the basics.

We do get new decorations when each pack is released, but I think there are certain types of decorations we are more in need of, especially once you consider the items which can be gained with reasonable effort.

* RUGS -- We need more variety of rugs. We only have ready access to a desert peddler's rug (yellow), a luxurious rug (blue), and a simple merchant's rug (orange). We could use more variety of rug sizes, shapes, and especially colors. There is no purple rug and no oval rug. Even with packs and certificates, most of the rugs are red/orange/yellow.

* LIGHTS -- There are few lights that actually give off light and brighten a room. For example, Scaffold Lighting Array, Networked Light, Rishi Lamppost, Underworld Light Node, and Temple Standing Lamp don't produce any light, they just look like they're glowing. Useful wall lights such as Republic Wall Sconce are only available if you buy a whole set of decorations. We could use more wall and ceiling lights that produce real illumination and are available in reasonable number to decorate a room or hallway.

* STORAGE -- There are few shelves and cabinets. Many of the "shelf" items aren't actually storage, they're weapons racks, merchants stalls, and wall dividers. Of the remaining items, many look substantially similar (IE: various supply and equipment lockers). There aren't any wall shelves (wall hook, not floor hook). Storage is a versatile decoration because you can imagine anything is inside, based on surrounding furniture and theme.

* BASIC LIVING -- There aren't any showers, sinks, food dispensers, or small tables with something on them other than a bottle and cups. I've seen a trash can in the game, it's even part of the Makeb Pergola. Little things like that bring life into a room, making it feel more real. There are many "ordinary" items I've seen in the game which would make fantastic decos.

So, it's true that we need non-CM decorations and we are getting them gradually over time, but not necessarily the ones we need. The Underworld Cooking Stove is a very useful addition, but few of us will find a place for a Large Mining Drill.

• 3 weeks later...

You can still get the old CM-Pack items from Grand Chance Cubes, so there will always be a small supply of them on the GTN. However, the prices are very erratic (example: Serene Pilgrims going for 2 million one week and 15 million the next week). It's very easy to get ripped off if you are not careful.

If you're patient you can get most of the decorations for a "fair" price, but even so, you may be looking at a total price tag of 100 million for your stronghold, depending on how many CM items you want.

BioWare needs to increase the drop-rate of old decorations in Grand Chance Cubes. This will increase the supply and allow prices to go down. Not everyone has the time to farm 100 million gold.

Edited by Axemilles

I completely agree with everything everyone's said in this thread so far. We need more non-CM decorations of and more variety in them. I'm doing fine even without these changes, but that's only because I've been playing since before the release of Galactic Strongholds. I want the newer players to have as much a chance as me, and giving us all better access to Cartel Certificates couldn't hurt. Please make these changes Bioware, for the sake of your newer players.

-Hylia Alexandria Stone(That's my real name, no idea why I used "StarChanneller" as my account name)

They should bring back the datacrons, mentor's processing core, the black talon and esseles power transformers and the rest of the other items. If not as drops then give a freaking vendor for them instead of shoving tons of cartel market drops in order to line their own pockets at the expense of people already paying for subpar service.

The old flashpoint drops becoming available from a vendor for CDCs would be pretty cool. I'd dump mine there instead of companion gifts.

Same here, be nice to have option where you could get a few mentor processing cores, imperial or republic power transformers for your stronghold like you could before the changes they made. Same with the starship medical tanks and cryogenic tanks I mean their perfect for medical wings and computer stations.