Free lvl 60?

starbuckone

Basically a copy paste from another thread about this -

It's not much of a gift - yeah, they are getting a level 60 char, but they can only play Chapter 1, previous story quests will be locked out. If they remain as f2p, they won't have access to PvP or OPs, or the rest of the KotFE story. RotHC is a subscriber/bought expansion, so they can't play that either, and WZ and OPs passes will still be selling well above their credit cap. They might be able to get an FP pass for 250k, but I'm guessing they will sell out pretty quickly and end up selling above the cap. They're basically reduced to crafting, Heroics till they hit the credit cap, and doing the Oricon story up until the OPs.

Not exactly the great reward that some people are complaining about.

Basically a copy paste from another thread about this -

It's not much of a gift - yeah, they are getting a level 60 char, but they can only play Chapter 1, previous story quests will be locked out. If they remain as f2p, they won't have access to PvP or OPs, or the rest of the KotFE story. RotHC is a subscriber/bought expansion, so they can't play that either, and WZ and OPs passes will still be selling well above their credit cap. They might be able to get an FP pass for 250k, but I'm guessing they will sell out pretty quickly and end up selling above the cap. They're basically reduced to crafting, Heroics till they hit the credit cap, and doing the Oricon story up until the OPs.

Not exactly the great reward that some people are complaining about.

I think part of that is wrong. I went f2p for a couple of months due to health issues yet I still had access to both Revan and RotHC.

Speaking of XP I wonder if they are going to do the 12x XP event again this summer

The way things are tuned now, that would probably result in level 60 by the time the starter planet is finished. Hahaha!

Edited by -Wes-

I think part of that is wrong. I went f2p for a couple of months due to health issues yet I still had access to both Revan and RotHC.

Yes, they are paid for expansions. If you drop down from a subscription, you will still have access since you have paid for them - if you've never paid for them, you won't have access.

The way things are tuned now, that would probably result in level 60 by the time the starter planet is finished. Hahaha!

Yeah, class story quests still give 6xp, so the double xp is essentially the same as the 12xp you got last summer. And thanks to level synch, you will still get full xp for the bonus quests and kill xp, and both will be doubled so you will actually level up a lot faster than previously.

Speaking of XP I wonder if they are going to do the 12x XP event again this summer
No.

The standard XP curve was re-tuned so that 12x is no longer necessary.

Under 12x, it was only necessary to do your class story.

Now it is only necessary to do your class and planet stories, and even with that, you can still skip some planets.

It's essentially a permanent 6x buff to each so the semi-frequent 2xp events will give you what you're looking for.

Did we not get one at the start of KotFE?

We did. We also "paid" for it since it was included in the subscription cost. Free players don't have to pay for anything yet still receive the extra character. Now the question is: If they are free, get the lv60 token and later subscribe will they receive an additional level 60 token?

We did. We also "paid" for it since it was included in the subscription cost. Free players don't have to pay for anything yet still receive the extra character. Now the question is: If they are free, get the lv60 token and later subscribe will they receive an additional level 60 token?

Exactly it is basically a slap in the face to subscribers. What do we get? A cosmetic pet designed to look like R2-D2.