Alliance influence bug?

-Me-

Ill try to explain this....

OK, when gaining influence with this alliance thing, those things we get in our inventory to give the hutt, smuggler, voss lady and that other dude never leaves my inventory after i give it to them. So, when i talk to them again I get the option to give them the gift which I do but it causes me to lose influence. Any influence I've gained is now lost but I'm instructed to give them the gift. I don't understand.

Also I'm on the mission to recruit Bliz. I go out I find 14 salvage, I go back to Bliz, My options is (1) give Bliz 1 salvage, (2) give Bliz 5 salvage. I gave him 1 and then I gave him 5, worked great but I still have 8 salvage in my inventory so I try giving him more but if I do I lose all the influence I gained and those 8 other salvages do not leave my inventory.

What is going on?

Are you hitting escape by any chance when you turn them in to exit the dialogue. As that cancels it. Need to hit space bar to skip the dialogue

That's why you lose the influence,as its essentially cancelling what your giving them

Edited by nanamaryjj

Are you hitting escape by any chance when you turn them in to exit the dialogue. As that cancels it. Need to hit space bar to skip the dialogue

That's why you lose the influence,as its essentially cancelling what your giving them

Its not canceling, its subtracting. First time I give them the gift my influence does go up but the next time it does go back down. One strange thing is I do get the green fly text saying I've gained 500 influence with whomever every time I give them the gift but in the chat window it will say my influence has decreased -500 each time after the first time, and looking in my contacts tab it shows the decrease as well.

Its not canceling, its subtracting. First time I give them the gift my influence does go up but the next time it does go back down. One strange thing is I do get the green fly text saying I've gained 500 influence with whomever every time I give them the gift but in the chat window it will say my influence has decreased -500 each time after the first time, and looking in my contacts tab it shows the decrease as well.

But are you hitting escape at any point?

Cancelling/Subtracting, whatever you want to call it. if you hit escape it removes what you gained

I have had the "decreased" before, and it turned out due to me hitting escape, after handing crates in to exit dialogue

Edited by nanamaryjj

But are you hitting escape at any point?

Cancelling/Subtracting, whatever you want to call it. if you hit escape it removes what you gained

I have had the "decreased" before, and it turned out due to me hitting escape, after handing crates in to exit dialogue

Exactly this, you need to select the option to say goodbye to them after you turn in the crates and not esc out. Like any other convo, it has to run its course.

As said, are you escaping? Or actually finishing?

It "adds" the influence as you go, unlike companion missions themselves typically.

As such, if you don't actually finish the conversation, it removes the influence you just added.