Automatically repeatable crew missions

Johnskellan

Hello!

I would like to propose the new function(or it exists and i still don't know about it ;p) for crew skill interface - a button or smth like that which allows your companions to start the same mission many times without player's participation in this process. I found it very boring and irritating to open the same windows, to select the same chars many times every 5-10 mins.It would be very useful and comfortable to farm, for example, companion gifts(They are required in enourmous number). I hope that this idea will be supported by other players and you will consider this function to be added in the coming patch.

Sincerely yours,

Reckus(The Progenitor)

I think it'd be cool to send companions on multiple missions. They can craft multiple items, so why not?

I remember seeing a tip on one of the loading screens saying "Companions can run missions even while you are off line." And jokingly thinking to myself "That's a bunch of crap. I was off line for 6 months and those lazy ********s didn't do a damn thing." :rolleyes:

I'd be up for this, but there would have to be a limit - say 5 missions - that they would do until you log in again, otherwise, you're basically botting. You could easily start 40 characters on a server going gathering Slicing mats, then go play on another server for a few months and come back to billions of credits.

EDIT- the maths bit, just checked with my Merc, can do a Slicing mission in about 7 minutes. So 6 companions gathering about 2000 credits every 7 minutes (about 9 per hour), across 40 players and 3 months (90 days) -

2000*6*9*40*24*90 = 9.3billion credits.

Edited by CrazyCT

I'd be up for this, but there would have to be a limit - say 5 missions - that they would do until you log in again, otherwise, you're basically botting. You could easily start 40 characters on a server going gathering Slicing mats, then go play on another server for a few months and come back to billions of credits.

EDIT- the maths bit, just checked with my Merc, can do a Slicing mission in about 7 minutes. So 6 companions gathering about 2000 credits every 7 minutes (about 9 per hour), across 40 players and 3 months (90 days) -

2000*6*9*40*24*90 = 9.3billion credits.

Well, you don't get the credits directly. You get lockboxes. So you'd just have the "awesome" experience of opening every lockbox in your inventory, collecting another inventory full of lockboxes out of the surplus that went to your mailbox, and repeating over and over and over and over until you empty your mailbox of the hundreds upon hundreds of surplus messages (which probably lags out your system for several minutes each time you try to open the mailbox and it processes how much stuff you've got waiting for you). Plus you'd have the mission discovery items from crits mixed in that you'd have to mail off to your other characters or put up on the GTN. And then when all of that is done... You log into the next character you had set up to do this and repeat it all again.

So yeah, the correct answer would definitely be more of a "queue up to 5 tasks just like crafting" thing, not a "repeat the same task infinitely" thing.

edit: I'd also suggest that crew skills would have to be revised with this change to just drop the items in your inventory automatically just like crafting does. No mission reward window. Just let it happen quietly in the background instead of drawing attention to it with a pop-up.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

• 3 years later...

Necromancy Commencing...

This. Please Make This A Thing. Crew skill mission times were greatly decreased a few years back and then later on (or maybe at about the same time, can't remember) they changed it so maxed out companions would get a much more hefty discount in mission time than previously. This is great. However, if I want to get grade 1 gemstones from treasure hunting, those missions are less than a minute for my companions. I end up spending the entire time I'm playing doing nothing but accepting mission rewards and restarting the missions over again.

Put a check box next to each crew skill mission so that I can click it on and then that companion will keep repeating that mission until I:

1. log off
  2. get that "you are away from keyboard" message (but don't make it cancel all missions in progress, just have it stop repeating them)
  3. turn it off myself in the crew skill mission selection window

Crew skill missions are fun, having shorter timers cause I've spoiled my companions rotten is fun. Doing nothing but starting crew skill missions over and over is not fun.

Also, just to make it clear. I am not advocating for what the OP was suggesting, which was to be able to repeat crew skill missions infinitely even while logged out. That would be ridiculous. I am only asking for this while online so I can do something in the game other than restart crew skill missions over and over. Thank you for reading.

Edited by TheNevet