Why Does Spam Arrive So Quickly?

aceite

Why does it take an hour for a message to arrive that I am expecting from a friend, yet as soon as I log on I get three spam messages from different people directing me to their site to buy credits?

The timestamp for these are after I log on. They are not waiting for me in the mailbox.

I'm curious how their mail is arriving so quickly as well. I suspect hacking. As for how I keep ending up on their mailing list, I think they're using the friend list to save us as contacts. To that end, I think there should be a friend invite pop up that allows players to choose whether they want to allow themselves to be on someone else friend list and a mail filter that blocks any non-official mail that's not from the game, gtn, approved friends or legacy. Edited by Aeristash

Because nothing is attached....

https://help.ea.com/en/article/swtor-in-game-mail/

How long does it take to receive an in-game mail?

Delivery speed for in-game mails depends on a number of factors:

Receiving mail from the Galactic Trade Network:

If you buy an Item on the GTN it should arrive immediately in your Mailbox. If you sell an Item on the GTN you will receive two mails: the first will arrive instantly informing you of a successful sale, and the second (including any credits due to you) should arrive within an hour.

Sending mail from one account to another (to a friend or guild-mate):

Mails not containing credits or items as attachments should be delivered instantly, delivery for mails containing credits or attached items can take up to one hour.

Cash on Delivery (COD) mails will also take up to an hour to arrive.

Mail between characters on the same account (from your main character to your alternate character (alt) and vice-versa) should arrive instantly, regardless of whether credits or items are attached.