Devs please read - game is too easy now.

Vivanos

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just proving my point.

You claimed it was bickering two ways.

It's not. It's fanboys like you hijacking threads that you don't agree with to push your own agenda.

One day Bioware will switch direction and you'll be back on the other side stamping your feet on the threads demanding change.

You don't agree with the OP is fine. There is just no need to keep going and going on his thread.

One day it will be you writing about something your unhappy about. Remember that.

I find its only the grind content that's face roll easy nowadays, because that content exist simply as a grind. It's not suppose to be challenging (anymore) - like Heroics, classic case of content reduce to simply grinding; unless your doing makeb heroics (which ppl avoid like the plague, three times as long with less reward, yea, no thx) the challenge to a lot of open world content is gone. There is still NiM and PvP though

Just proving my point.

You claimed it was bickering two ways.

It's not. It's fanboys like you hijacking threads that you don't agree with to push your own agenda.

How dare someone not agree with the OP and worse: Express that disagreement!

One day Bioware will switch direction and you'll be back on the other side stamping your feet on the threads demanding change.

You don't agree with the OP is fine. There is just no need to keep going and going on his thread.

One day it will be you writing about something your unhappy about. Remember that.

Well, if projecting your flaws upon others makes you feel better then feel free to do so.

How dare someone not agree with the OP and worse: Express that disagreement!

Well, if projecting your flaws upon others makes you feel better then feel free to do so.

He's still wittering on then?

Mayhap he could look up the word "discussion". It involves going back and forth, sharing opinions, ideas etc. I think he kind of missed that bit or didn't care for it.

I think he just got up too early on a Sunday. ;)

It is, indeed, easier than it was but I don't care. I don't play this game for the "challenge", I play it for the story. There are plenty of other challenging games out there if that's one's desire.

I also play the game for the story, but even for my taste, it has become far too easy.

I mean, there is basically no learning curve anymote. Nothing at all.

Only in Tacticals, maybe, but there with full force (end boss).

It doesn't even fit into the game's world, if I'm prepared to meet an overly mighty, extremelky difficult person which is feared by everyone and who is the most dangerous person within the whole galaxy - or so people say in-game - and he is dead within seconds.

The whole ingame logic is BROKEN, when built-up expectation are not fulfilled.

Or, like the old "heroics", which don't feel like being "heroic" fights in no sense anymore. Nothing at all is "heroic" in that anymore. Enemies die within 1 minute or less. How much "heroic" is that ?

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I too believe the game is way to easy especially in regards to leveling a character and playing the Kotfe chapters. There is simply no challenge at all. So, it becomes boring and rather pointless to some players. We like to be engaged with the gameplay mechanics.

Can one still find challenge in this game? Yes, sure they can. They can PVP. They can play Hard Mode Flashpoits and HM Operations.

But if there favorite part of the game is the story and campaign, then we have a serious problem. I think some of these players are leaving the game because of it. They really like the adventures and the interaction with companions, but the combat is rather dull and lacks any kind of skill or challenge or danger. Replay factor and playing alts has taking a nose dive because of it.

I do appreciate all those who want an easy game. You just want to experience the story and immerse yourself in the world. This is great.

But, some of us want the game to be more challenging and fun. We play games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age for the story and companions and gameplay. We might start out in normal mode then next time play hard mode then next time try nightmare mode. We love story, but we love combat too! We want to be engaged on both fronts.

How would the Mass Effect and Dragon Age series sell if they only had one difficulty setting, and that difficult setting was easier than easy mode?

Sorry mate but you are just coming across as a whiny "I want it MY way!" toddler having a snit. If you don't bloody like it then don't play. There are a great many of us that enjoy it, warts or no.

If you cannot except that then well, that is on your end and I would recommend speaking to a professional.

This, exactly. DieAlteHexe is being calm and patient, and that guy is having a snit with personal attacks.

How about make an item which you can buy from a vendor, which would give you a debuf that cuts your and your companion's stats to half (and possibly xp rate). If you would be questing with that debuf, you would possibly get some extra rewards. Problem solved. And it can't be that hard to develop and a lot of players (including myself) would have a much better leveling experience.

How about make an item which you can buy from a vendor, which would give you a debuf that cuts your and your companion's stats to half (and possibly xp rate). If you would be questing with that debuf, you would possibly get some extra rewards. Problem solved. And it can't be that hard to develop and a lot of players (including myself) would have a much better leveling experience.

I *like* this idea. Especially the added rewards bit. I'd vote for this in a heartbeat.

I honestly am not convinced it is the Companions that is the only reason the game is to easy. I believe it is Level Sync as BW implemented it, as well as the companions.

1) For many fights, especially the end of chapter quests (Sith Warrior) your fighting them on extremely low level planets (chapter 1=Hutta, Chapter 2=DK, Chapter 3=Korribon). Those fights would be Much harder if A) level sync did not apply to story phases..

2) the fact we Keep all of our Abilities when we get Down bolstered (since most of the time we're all way over leveled). Having the higher level abilities makes us Overpowered for the fights. If they removed all abilities down to the level of your bolster it would make Fights a lot harder (granted I'm sure this would be a lot harder to program, if it is even possible).

3) I will grant Companions may be part of the problem as well. tho I'm not truly sure how much of one since I'm convinced Level Sync has much to do with lack of Game Difficulty.

With this being said, I do believe the leveling process does need to be more difficult, because as it stand people are simply not learning how to play this game, then they go into Operations with no idea of what they are doing on the toon they are bringing.

A companionless mode that actually yields some benefits would be nice.

It's amazing how that can change things. I fought against one of those champion pigs for the datacrons on Rishi without a companion out earlier today. Boy, I must admit I didn't take it very serious at first, it's just a pig after all. I had to draw all registers and even ate a medkit, I almost lost against a lousy pig. I am pretty certainly that if I had had a companion out my health would have been nailed at 100%.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

Goodness. How 'bout you stop worrying about what others do and tend to your own business. If you don't care to read what I post, there's always the /ignore. I find it a very handy option.

Grouch.:rolleyes:

You are a gem and I applaud you. :D

Game was never hard in the first place.

No one wants it to be hard.

I've been playing since a little more than a year, on my first character I died a couple of times at some story bosses, or if I overpulled trash accidentally, it wasn't hard at all, but I had to do little things, like upgrade my and my companion's gear, use my skills, and at some bosses a little positioning. You know, RPG stuff.

Now a level 1 totally new player, who can even be a 2 weeks old half eaten rotten bread can roflstomp all the solo content without the fear of having their hp going below 95%.

There is a huge difference between easy and immortal mode.

I also play the game for the story, but even for my taste, it has become far too easy.

I mean, there is basically no learning curve anymote. Nothing at all.

Only in Tacticals, maybe, but there with full force (end boss).

It doesn't even fit into the game's world, if I'm prepared to meet an overly mighty, extremelky difficult person which is feared by everyone and who is the most dangerous person within the whole galaxy - or so people say in-game - and he is dead within seconds.

The whole ingame logic is BROKEN, when built-up expectation are not fulfilled.

Or, like the old "heroics", which don't feel like being "heroic" fights in no sense anymore. Nothing at all is "heroic" in that anymore. Enemies die within 1 minute or less. How much "heroic" is that ?

translation: the game is broken if it isnt balance to suit me.

tedious does not equal challenge. if you want challenge it is not hard to give it to yourself