Stop spoiling the upcoming chapter!!!!!!!!!

karinherself

Hi, sorry in advance for the language but I'm really angry. :mad: Why is it you always have to spoil the upcoming chapter by showing which companions will appear. Can't you guys keep the chapter pic neutral instead of spoiling over and over again. It really pi.... me off. Where is the excitement in playing a game when you always know who's gonna show up???? It's like watching a trailer for a movie where they already show the twist. What's the point in watching that movie then????? Please just keep it neutral, if there are people who are too impatient or too curious about which companions gonna show up they can click and that beautiful pic and find out. BUT PLEASE DON'T POST THAT DAMNED SPOILING PICTURE ON THE FRONT PAGE OF THE CLIENT. It's impossible to avoid it.

It's there laughing right in my face and saying: 'HAHAHAHA spoiled it again. Hope you like it.'

Thanks in advance!!!! :)

Anger issues aside.

Since you liked to compare it to movies.

Pretty much all movies show who the characters will be. It's not like the trailer done a step by strep guide on how to complete the next chapter

Also some that have unsubbed till their fav returns, probably keep an eye on that page to see if this month will be the time.

Now if they released a trailer saying "finally you will kill Vaylin, arcann and valkorion" I might tend to agree with don't spoil it

Edited by nanamaryjj

Yeah that might be true, that people would maybe return if their companions are back but is it really so hard to make both kind of people happy. Those who want to know just need to click on the preview picture and they can see if their companions are back and the others don't get it spoiled if they don't want to know it.

Really, that's not too big a wish I'm asking for.

I'm siding more with the OP here. You can see it yourself in the conversations to start the Chapter that they are trying to be a bit mysterious, giving them nicknames - Firebrand and Lady of Sorrows - as though they want you to be guessing, but they've already told you (or shown you) in the client when you load up.

And remember, some films keep stars hidden, leaving you to get that "Wow" moment when you see them. All the films with little cameo's etc that you didn't know about beforehand (except Stan Lee - everybody expects HIM). A few examples off the top of my head are - Wolverine in the prequel, Bill Murray as himself in Zombieland, Kevin Spacey's character in Se7en (he actively pursued that his name wouldn't appear in the build up/posters so that people would be surprised), and one of my favourites -

One compromise would be to say the chapter name, as CrazyCT mentioned, firebrand, lady of sorrows

But keep the image within the trailer, so if you watch the trailer, you really can't blame anyone but yourself for spoiling it

Obviously though, the chapter name would need to be vague enough not to give it away

So if chapter was called "You Mako No Sense" or "I'm so high on KHEM's" it would be a bit of a give away

Edited by nanamaryjj

Well, while I side with the OP there are always going to be those people who will just flat out say what companion is going to come back whether they make it where people can choose to view the trailer or not or whatever, example, when the new SW movie came out the gen chat was getting flooded with spoilers from people who had went and seen it and taking no one else into consideration who had yet to see it and wanted to find out for themselves. So Bioware is in this case just flat out telling you to avoid "spoilers" coming from other players, I guess.... Could be wrong.

In a way I agree with the OP. It would be nice to be surprised in our encounter with former companions, or other notable characters, much in the way we were surprised by:

Meeting Tanno Vik and that Scorpio was the Lady of Sorrows

I liken this to some mistakes which I feel Marvel has made, especially with the upcoming "Civil War"

1. Showing Spider-man in action, and siding with #TeamIronMan kind removes any suspense for movie goers in how we will encounter the famed web slinger. That should have never been added to any trailers.

2. Naming the movie "Civil War" after the most iconic and universe shattering comic book series of the Marvel Universe, pretty much gives away what the likely big twist will be. I won't go into any details, for people that didn't read the "Civil War" comic series, but this movie should have NEVER been named as such.

Spoilers are bad, even if they are minor spoilers or vague ones. It removes the impetus to see content, or puts pre-determined expectations on content, which is especially bad in a RPG.

Edited by Staavis_SC
Added Spoiler wrap for "Civil War" rantings

1. Showing Spider-man in action, and siding with #TeamIronMan kind removes any suspense for movie goers in how we will encounter the famed web slinger. That should have never been added to any trailers.

I did not know that. Thank you for sharing :p

Edited by CrazyCT

Hi, sorry in advance for the language but I'm really angry. :mad: Why is it you always have to spoil the upcoming chapter by showing which companions will appear. Can't you guys keep the chapter pic neutral instead of spoiling over and over again. It really pi.... me off. Where is the excitement in playing a game when you always know who's gonna show up???? It's like watching a trailer for a movie where they already show the twist. What's the point in watching that movie then????? Please just keep it neutral, if there are people who are too impatient or too curious about which companions gonna show up they can click and that beautiful pic and find out. BUT PLEASE DON'T POST THAT DAMNED SPOILING PICTURE ON THE FRONT PAGE OF THE CLIENT. It's impossible to avoid it.

It's there laughing right in my face and saying: 'HAHAHAHA spoiled it again. Hope you like it.'

Thanks in advance!!!! :)

Well people subscribing purely for kotfe might want to know who next months special guest will be, so they know if they want to keep their subscription going or now. Likewise knowing that a popular character is coming back with early day access in effect, gives people who have been gone a chance to resub and get their rewards. I imagine there would be quite a few angry post about not being told enough about the content to make an informed decision.

Well people subscribing purely for kotfe might want to know who next months special guest will be, so they know if they want to keep their subscription going or now. Likewise knowing that a popular character is coming back with early day access in effect, gives people who have been gone a chance to resub and get their rewards. I imagine there would be quite a few angry post about not being told enough about the content to make an informed decision.

Yeah, I agree with people wanting to know, but the OP is just asking not to have the faces of the next comps splashed on a screen you are forced to look at to load the game. Have a link to the preview video instead, and that would suit both parties.

Yeah, I agree with people wanting to know, but the OP is just asking not to have the faces of the next comps splashed on a screen you are forced to look at to load the game. Have a link to the preview video instead, and that would suit both parties.

Agreed. That's a very fair compromise. :)

Personally i want a hint of what's going to happen in the next chapter, but well,OK, things shouldn't be too obvious. For example.. if we get back one of the Mandalorian companions, he or she could wear a helmet in the trailer and another armor, not the ones they had when they joined us.