PVP balance team in vacation ?

Tpynaedka

Seriously BIOWARE HELLOOOO ?!!!??

OPG. OPG. OPG. Novara coast. YES ! FINALLY ! And what did i see there ?

SIX.

SIX fcking madness sorcs.

Oh no i'm sorry. Five madness and one sorc healer. Thats impossible to win. I had to leave. There is no point to play 10 minutes in advance losing. I start looking for new WZ.

Civil war. Good. Nothing will spoil this awesome war zone. Nothing but ... FCKING FOUR IMMORTAL JUGGERNAUTS WITH TWO HEALER SORCS.

Server population speaks for itself. Forum threads also indicate that I'm not alone. YOU loosing subs ! Nerf this fcking unbalanced **** to the ground !

P.s. OPG war zone. Why Sorcs can use force barrier with buff ? No one else can use stealth or "vanish".

"in" vacation? How do you expect them to take us seriously if we don't even speak English?!

Perhaps English isn't his native language? His English was fine btw, everything he wrote was easy to comprehend.

To his point, yes, APG pops way too much, and, class balance is awful. I do not think the dev team is on vacation.

They just don't care.

there is a team just for class balance? what have they been doing?

They're also the same team that designs and tests war zones. This is likely why balancing updates have been … sparse lately. Also, they tend to balance around arenas because that's the only form of ranked and therefore the only form of PvP that matters. That makes it difficult since balancing arenas is completely, utterly, and absurdly impossible. :mad:

They're also the same team that designs and tests war zones. This is likely why balancing updates have been … sparse lately. Also, they tend to balance around arenas because that's the only form of ranked and therefore the only form of PvP that matters. That makes it difficult since balancing arenas is completely, utterly, and absurdly impossible. :mad:

arenas are even less balanced than WZs

Oh no i'm sorry. Five madness and one sorc healer. Thats impossible to win. I had to leave. There is no point to play 10 minutes in advance losing. I start looking for new WZ

same here. after 3-4 minutes I just guarded the node for the rest of the game.

http://imgur.com/oibHipw

6 Sorcs = more than 200 kills

our entire team = 40 kills

Edited by Xhuuyaa

Operative stuns... yah stun die stun die real fun. we only have so many break out of stun moves. They can stun lock you till the end of time. Was in a WZ with 6 operative dps... yah balance? nothing can beat you if it's stunned the whole fight. Also is there anyone hunting down hackers? got stunned by a sorc. 3 times with THE SAME STUN inside of 30 sec. and it was a 1 v 1. Same fight we had a guy fill his resolve bar from 0 to full. stunned once. Same fight had a guy who ignored my force lift with NO resolve at all in his bar. PVP is in rough shape with all of this going on. The numbers are a joke. Sages have a 30% healing boost on a major heal that you can channel every 5-6 seconds, 10% passive on self heals, force barrier, and how many more op moves? A lot. Guardians have a move that will take them to full HP while you hit them? Who's sleeping in the QC department?

LOL implying that they have a PvP team, let alone a PvP balance team.

But....but....it's an entire team dedicated to peweepee, they said so! Some of the most experienced PvP devs in the whole wide world! =(

But....but....it's an entire team dedicated to peweepee, they said so! Some of the most experienced PvP devs in the whole wide world! =(

They've also said our choices in the story matter, and customer satisfaction is their top priority.:rolleyes:

Edited by tcgtqu

They had ppl with lots of experience from WAR - a pvp focused game with many of the same fundamental design problems as this game, coincidentally enough. Of course that game didn't have an almost invincible IP or F2P to save it so the people that designed/maintained that found that they had a lot of free time to repeat their mistakes here. Which they did.

Edited by Savej

To give credit, SWTOR balance isn't bad at all.

It's actually a lot more tolerable than most other games out there, and aside from very few exceptions (which, admittedly, those few exceptions do have a serious impact in game) generally plausible and viable for most.

The history of maps from stuff like Alderaan → Novare shows they know how to analyze perceived problems and make things better, and design philosophy behind stuff like AHG and Queshball, and even the recent OPG shows they know how to experiment with new designs. Maybe others don't see it, but when I compare to classic Huttball with new Queshball I immdiately notice what their emphasis was about when they've expanded the field more 3-dimensionally, as well as seeing how AHG has a different set of objectives in mind compared to previous WZs, and how they've set out OPG to be more dynamic in its nature.

No, the maps aren't perfect, but design-wise, its not half bad -- at least not as bad as the constant whines and ramblings some people would try to have you believe.

Even class balance -- try imagining what it is like in the other guy's shoes. You receive complaints from a zillion different people who all say different things. Which one are you going to believe? We often think we have some sort of a consensus within these PvP forums, but honestly, folks, how much do we really "represent" the PvP players in the game? In most cases there isn't a consensus about how people in these forums view things and debates on what is right or wrong happens every day.

So if you're a developer, would you be tweaking or fixing stuff based on complaints from a few people that's most vocal in the forums, about whom you have no guarantees or assurance that he is right? They can't fix anything unless they are absolutely sure that some things are broken. How many of our posts we write up everyday has really sufficient and unrefutable data and evidence to back it up?

Besides, most of the grievances actually in-game are caused by faction/population/matchmaking imbalances, which in principle, is actually no fault of the developers. It's something that happens on OUR end, not theirs. Something like a matchmaking system would greatly help raise the QOL for the PvP games we play, but its not their fault the QOL is so miserable in the first place. They didn't stick us up at gunpoint to all flock to the Imps to create a pop imbalance, nor can they just force people to play certain classes or anything.

Yes, there are problems that are genuinely the fault of the devs, such as Rishi arena maps that has unexpected problems due to quirky glitches or bugs. Stuff like overhealing sorc/sages are also something we may be able to request a fix (although someone needs to come up with a very convincing post full of stats, hard numbers, and evidence, as well as methodology for measuring how and why they are overperforming, to be able to convince them).

But a lot of the problems we cause by ourselves.

Really, guys, just blaming everything to the devs is not fair, and an easy cop-out to some of the mistakes the community have been making. Just look at the freakin' premade debates and the amount of excuses people try to come up with, in defense of LULZ steamroller gameplay harms the game.

I think OP's beef is that there are so few players playing different classes and specs. - That's partly the problem with Sorcs and Juggs being

a) relatively easy to play and score lots of medals.

b) possibly a little over powered and

c) easy to stack to brute-force a win.

This probably needs to be examined, but the rest is on the players themselves to choose other classes, and while those three points exist there is little incentive to go against the flow.

Trouble is, the rot has probably set in by now, and lack of dev attention has let players drift towards their sorcs/juggs and after they've had a few easy wins, with good medals and scores, they've put their other classes on the back-burner and think it's the best way to go to rack up the comms.

Trouble is, to get noticed in other classes nowadays , you have to work your socks off to earn your place on the team.

- For instance, if there are a lot of heals on the opposite team, a lot of your damage is gonna be fluff anyway ....:(

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Seriously BIOWARE HELLOOOO ?!!!??

OPG. OPG. OPG. Novara coast. YES ! FINALLY ! And what did i see there ?

SIX.

Oh no i'm sorry. Five madness and one sorc healer. Thats impossible to win. I had to leave. There is no point to play 10 minutes in advance losing. I start looking for new WZ.

Civil war. Good. Nothing will spoil this awesome war zone. Nothing but ... FCKING FOUR IMMORTAL JUGGERNAUTS WITH TWO HEALER SORCS.

Server population speaks for itself. Forum threads also indicate that I'm not alone. YOU loosing subs ! Nerf this fcking unbalanced **** to the ground !

P.s. OPG war zone. Why Sorcs can use force barrier with buff ? No one else can use stealth or "vanish".

He meant operatives. He's foreign.

I do not think the dev team is on vacation.

They just don't care.

Exactly this. Look at the freaking leaderboards...look back at previous seasons...see the trend? There is no "balance team"...there never has been. There's never even been a cycle of 2 patches where they attempted to balance **** out...they fake it for one, give up for a few years, pretend to fake it again and the cycle repeats.

there has to actually BE a team for them to be on vacation... i think those desks have cobwebs at this point.

Not true... The PVP balance team all got promotions and were simply given more important tasks to work on. Like Cartel Market items. Rest assured, they are still at the same desks though.

Not true... The PVP balance team all got promotions and were simply given more important tasks to work on. Like Cartel Market items. Rest assured, they are still at the same desks though.

Well, at least we now know where the weapons tuning came from :)