Cartel Market

Jarial

Lets start by saying, I love this game, and I am one of the founders. :cool:

There is just one small problem with the Cartel Market, and that there is no warning when consuming items you buy from Cartel Market that are in your inventory. They will be permanently locked to your character and they can not be shared once you do so, such as guild donations or traded. Please make the game more user friendly, I am sure there are a lot of people who consumed items from the Cartel Market not knowing the consequences. Not only is it frustrating but also a waste of real money which we work hard to support this game. I don't like getting responses from Customer Service saying, Sorry, we can't help you once you consume any Cartel Market items. But they also responded to me that they would love for me to post this very post and suggest there be a warning on such items.

Good idea. Could you be more specific about which types of items do this, however? I ask because,

All CM items are bound for 48 hours after purchase, and become available to put in your guild bank or the GTN after that point if they were not equipped or used. This includes things such as packs, weapons, armors, and consumables like the quests that grant Treek or other companions.

Decorations obtained from the Cartel Market, when used, can still be donated to the guild via the stronghold menu. That's a relatively new change, too.

I'd love to know what other items you're referring to, so I can avoid purchasing them in the future!

Please make the game more user friendly

This is a highly subjective request. For me, "more user friendly" usually means "UI doesn't interfere with me getting things done" combined with "I accept responsibility for the consequences of my actions". There are already some "this will bind the item" warnings, and at least one of them cannot be disabled. That is NOT user friendly.