Bioware is killing their game?

Princz

Europe here.

I don't understand why.... seriously ... is there a discrimination against PvPers?

Sorry but there are players that enjoy only playing WZs... sorry but it's true. Thursday evening close to prime time.... 37 on ToFN fleet.... epic. This new WZ is a joke... seriously... so bad designed it is like that sitting in the chair game i was playing when i was a kid in kindengarden. it was the final blow for many people i hear.... More and more players leaving to PVE server TRE and again many friends of mine quit the game. I ve been an MMO player for 15 years... have seen this happening before ... it was when they got that PVE game director in Age of Conan a game from Funcom company.... they did exactly the same thing ... killed pvp off... now they have couple of servers in US only. Is this game getting old? Did EA/Bioware milked the cow and is abandoning it? This is day 7 or 8 after the patch and the queues still not working for grouping in WZs? ihmo this game doesnt worth a subscription

Bioware for the rest of us that we are also in Internet business... please tell us where you find your programers so we avoid it. :D

This is no rant... just an observation

They are not trying to killing the game, they are just incredibly bad at their job. They cant understand what is going on in game since they dont play their own game and they ignore all negative comments about them and only count positive ones. Also did i mentioned they are very very bad at their job?

Europe here.

I don't understand why.... seriously ... is there a discrimination against PvPers?

Sorry but there are players that enjoy only playing WZs... sorry but it's true. Thursday evening close to prime time.... 37 on ToFN fleet.... epic. This new WZ is a joke... seriously... so bad designed it is like that sitting in the chair game i was playing when i was a kid in kindengarden. it was the final blow for many people i hear.... More and more players leaving to PVE server TRE and again many friends of mine quit the game. I ve been an MMO player for 15 years... have seen this happening before ... it was when they got that PVE game director in Age of Conan a game from Funcom company.... they did exactly the same thing ... killed pvp off... now they have couple of servers in US only. Is this game getting old? Did EA/Bioware milked the cow and is abandoning it? This is day 7 or 8 after the patch and the queues still not working for grouping in WZs? ihmo this game doesnt worth a subscription

Bioware for the rest of us that we are also in Internet business... please tell us where you find your programers so we avoid it. :D

This is no rant... just an observation

I can't take anyone seriously when they complain about the new WZ. The design is complex and fun, enforcing team objective play over the typical face-mashing death matches that people seem to love so much. The entire idea of the new map is to OUTPLAY your oponents, not just our gear them. It requires intelligence, skill, and strategy, not just being FOTM. Get educated on how to play the map, develop some strategy, and rake in some objective points. Your fluff DPS won't save you here.

The Rishi map needs a bug fix, but considering how long even PVE fixes take, 1 week is not unreasonable. It isn't something that deserves a hot-fix. (This isn't an exploit unbalancing the game, not a payment problem effecting real world currency, and doesn't affect progressing in the game.) it's an inconvenience, nothing more. Check your positioning before you leap. Problem solved.

More and more players leaving to PVE server TRE

There is no PvE or PvP servers anymore, just a bunch of dead and semi-populated servers. So maybe you should join them, with your main(s) for example...

Of course you do not have to do this, but current situation is obvious.

Edited by Glower

I can't take anyone seriously when they complain about the new WZ. The design is complex and fun, enforcing team objective play over the typical face-mashing death matches that people seem to love so much. The entire idea of the new map is to OUTPLAY your oponents, not just our gear them. It requires intelligence, skill, and strategy, not just being FOTM. Get educated on how to play the map, develop some strategy, and rake in some objective points. Your fluff DPS won't save you here.

You know that you cannot win a warzone with just deathmatching? They are all requiring tag and objectives, like the new one.

You can be spawn camped in Alderand, Novare, Voidstar, hypergate, both huttball and still win even if the enemy team frag again and again and again just because the ennemies are not playing the objectives.

The only new thing with the new map , random. Random pop for objectives and buff.

I can't take anyone seriously when they complain about the new WZ. The design is complex and fun

So when people have a different opinion than yours, you can't take them seriously? You think it's complex and fun, some do not. Doesn't mean anyone is lesser than the other and that what they say doesn't hold merit.

You know that you cannot win a warzone with just deathmatching? They are all requiring tag and objectives, like the new one.

You can be spawn camped in Alderand, Novare, Voidstar, hypergate, both huttball and still win even if the enemy team frag again and again and again just because the ennemies are not playing the objectives.

The only new thing with the new map , random. Random pop for objectives and buff.

The difference is with OPG kills count for zip. In ACW you need to kill the guards, in OPG you can just activate another node, or deactivate the enemy. In AHG kills account for most of the points, not orbs. In NC you can sometimes take a point without kills, but it's unlikely since the points don't randomize. In hutball you have to kill the ball carriers and people waiting at the goal. And Arenas are 100% death match.

OPG is a thinking man (or woman)'s map. I see myself and others score 16-20 medals, 10000-20000 objective points, and win against super-queue Tryhard premades by having a better strategy than "dps the center mode guys!" I've also seen games get turned around at the last minute as a team rallies and outplays the enemy. This just doesn't happen nearly enough in other war zones. The team eight the most raked gear and dps wins 95% of the time.

But in OPG, If you can't think and adapt to an evolving situation, you lose. Your gear, your OP class, and your premades have little bearing on the outcome. This is the balanced, fair, strategic WZ we've been asking for for 4 years. I just don't understand the complaints.

I agree that OPG is - I think - the most strategic map of all.

The only thing against it are full FOTM premades running from one activation spot to the other, leqaving behind 2-3 FOTM to guard it ... but that's rare, I think.

What happens much more, though, are the Trolls, like stealth classes, who troll to try to not let a "node" get actuivated by the other team.

We once got trolled this way by a PT who was very hard to take downb for us 4, simply because we were less good players or classes - or both. As a tank, he just absorbed most of our attacks, it seemed to us - and even when we got him down, he got back insanely quickly thanks to HO.

alright well first of all, great that some people like it, I dont but thats how its gonna be, most of the reason I dont like it is because it is almost the only thing popping when solo quing. And by the way, you cant always go activate another node, you are relient on the buffs randomly giving you the green one, but I do see your point. Honestly the mode is likly alright, and if it wasent the only thing I was getting I likly wouldent dislike it as much