Zakuul Knight Shield Offhand

LostStormTrooper

This is something I've been wanting ingame for a while. Photoshopped pictures of idea here. The red on is a photoshop I just did within the past hour, the blue one was done months ago, and the silver shield is the back of the BH ranked chest piece from season 6 that has been cropped and resized.

I'd really like this to be a thing ingame too. Mainly for PTs and Juggernauts. Maybe it can only be a tank thing because tanks use a shield offhand. It's clearly possible for it to be in the game since we've seen them on the Zakuul Knights and Exarchs with them. I'd like them to be usable by player characters too.

I won't touch the question of why people want to dress as their enemies, because it isn't just you who has this sort of idea. (But the Darth Malgus armour set suggests strongly that there is a precedent for it...)

However, it isn't as simple as all that. Example: the Jedi Guardian has a two-handed stance that would require reworking all their animations.

I won't touch the question of why people want to dress as their enemies, because it isn't just you who has this sort of idea. (But the Darth Malgus armour set suggests strongly that there is a precedent for it...)

However, it isn't as simple as all that. Example: the Jedi Guardian has a two-handed stance that would require reworking all their animations.

But they can change animations with held items. They do it with the Mercenary class and the sentinel class. The mercenary goes from the 1 pistol stance to the 2 pistol stance, and same with the sentinel. And they can set animations to certain weapons. It's shown in the /flourish emote. The double bladed vibroblades (classic and cathar warstaff) both have the single bladed saber /flourish animation instead of the saberstaff animation.

Also, I've seen a bunch of people wanting to dress as their enemies. I personally have a Zakuul Knight character. It's for RP. And it doesn't have to be the Zakuul Knight Shield. That was just the one I used for some of the photoshops.

Edited by LostStormTrooper
Additional info

But they can change animations with held items.

Yes, I know they can. My point was that they would have to do so for one single item (fuss, fuss, a new category of item that contains one single item). (And they can't re-use the animations of the Zakuul Knights, because they don't use ordinary sabres in their main hand.) It would mean that this one item would cost significantly more for them than any other item they might add.

Yes, I know they can. My point was that they would have to do so for one single item (fuss, fuss, a new category of item that contains one single item). (And they can't re-use the animations of the Zakuul Knights, because they don't use ordinary sabres in their main hand.) It would mean that this one item would cost significantly more for them than any other item they might add.

But I'm saying they don't use new animations because they don't. The use a mixture of the saber staff and single bladed saber animations, and some old enemy NPC animations. If they do put the effort into it, they could make a bunch of them, give us a selection. If they make one, they can just copy/paste it like they do with a lot of other stuff. And it wouldn't have to be a new type of item, it'd be in the offhand slot and they have a section for that on the GTN.

But I'm saying they don't use new animations because they don't. The use a mixture of the saber staff and single bladed saber animations, and some old enemy NPC animations. If they do put the effort into it, they could make a bunch of them, give us a selection. If they make one, they can just copy/paste it like they do with a lot of other stuff. And it wouldn't have to be a new type of item, it'd be in the offhand slot and they have a section for that on the GTN.

Don't lecture me with pictures of the GTN. I've seen that regularly for the last three years. It would not be a normal off-hand item. It's a non-weapon item (specifically a thing that is neither 1h sabre nor pistol) that is visible 100% of the time, and that is carried normally *in the hand*. OK, sure, stash it on the back when weapons aren't drawn, that would work.

It would be a new type of off-hand - now we have pistol / sabre / generator / shield-generator / focus / shotgun / knife. It works like none of those, and has new animation requirements. If the animation is a "mixture" it is a new animation. Sure, you grab the shield-arm animation from the ZKs and the sabre-arm animation from, what, the current jug/guardian? If the ZK animation exists for all the jug and guardian skills, you can grab it, but do ZKs do Force Sweep? No? then you are short an animation. Maybe you can fake it, but it will look faked somewhere.

In essence, you are describing one (inferior in my opinion) way of creating the animation sets for the jug and guardian skill movements as they use a shield, but they still need to assemble the parts into a completed animation set. And it would be for one new category of item with, initially, only one item in it.

Personally, I think the ZK's fighting style should be alien, and should continue to look alien. It is the same reasoning that says that "the thing that Yoda is" should remain a mystery. Mysteries are needed in stories.