Complementary Cartel Coins

ZevenWalsh

This was the last update on this from BW

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8875329#edit8875329

Hey folks,

I want to address up a couple of questions I am seeing in the thread.

Will we be compensated for the Cartel Coins we missed receiving?

No one should have missed receiving any coins due to this issue. When you have 30 days of subscription time, you will receive your monthly Cartel Coin grant during that 30 day window. That is still true. Due to this issue you may receive it on a later day then you did previously, but you will still receive it within your current subscription window.

I checked my ledger and I am missing XXX coins, what do I do?

Understand that this issue has only been going on since August of last year. The accumulation of 3 day delays has not occurred enough at this time to cause any issues in granting Coins. You should have received all Cartel Coin grants as intended (although perhaps a few days later than usual). If you feel you are missing any of your Cartel Coin grants please contact CS.

It was really important to us that we got this addressed before anyone was impacted, especially if that impact meant losing Cartel Coins. Again, no one will have lost any Cartel Coins, it is possible only that your grant will later into your 30-day subscription window. Thanks everyone!

-eric

How did you miss a month in 20 days?

The start date last May was with a payment on the 16th, while this year was May 6th. Due to the payment dates advancing there was no payment in February as that delivery pushed itself out to March 1st. Please note; no month has ever had more than one payment.

The start date last May was with a payment on the 16th, while this year was May 6th. Due to the payment dates advancing there was no payment in February as that delivery pushed itself out to March 1st. Please note; no month has ever had more than one payment.

You don't get a grant every month, you get a grant every 30 days (discounting the 3 days creep). Since there are only 28 days in February (yes, 29 in a leap year), it's is easy for you not to get your grant in February. It doesn't mean you didn't get that "months" grant, it meant that you got it 30 days after your last one.

For example, if you received your last "months" grant on the 31st of January this year, 30 days after that would have been the 1st of March - with the creep, it would have actually been granted on the 4th, but even without that bug in the system, you still wouldn't have received a grant in February. You wouldn't have "missed a month", you would still have received your grant, it just wouldn't have been in the month of February.

Can someone from Bioware please change the wording so these people don't get confused any more, or can we change the calendar so that every month has the same number of days, whichever is easier?