All your Alts meet somewhere around in Kotfe

EmmanuelRCannady

Since all of your alts are the one and only Outlander, that wouldn't make much sense.

Throughout the original 3-chapter class stories you kind of get the impression from time to time that the other 7 were out there doing their own thing at the same time. As in, canonically there are 8 distinct champions that have been running around making names for themselves. When you log into a character, you step into the perspective of one of those 8 characters, and from that perspective the other 7 also exist but are not encountered.

The Hutt and Revan expansions kind of blur that level of distinction down a bit. Canonically only 1 of the 4 on each faction could have been the one called to Makeb (and it's the one that you're currently playing) and only 1 of the 8 could have dealt with Revan (and it's the one that you're currently playing). The others would be assumed to be off doing their own thing while you were doing each of those stories, and the identity of the other faction's lone champion on Makeb is not something you would ever know.

Each of the 8 champions has their crew that they met during their original 3 chapters. Throughout Fallen Empire we have been meeting up with some of those people and it is acknowledged that they have history consistent with their involvement in the 8 class stories. Logically it seems as if all 8 champions disappeared around the same time, so even though only your current character was woken up by Lana to lead an alliance as "The Outlander" it would be reasonable to assume that the other 7 were also captured and stored somewhere. It's just that from your perspective the others would all be in stasis all throughout this current storyline.

However, the real issue that would make this suggestion difficult / complicated to implement is the fact that we can create multiple characters of each class. If a player has a sorceror and an assassin in their legacy (or 3 sorcs and 2 sins for a more extreme example) which one is the inquisitor that your marauder could cross paths with after freeing Zakuul's other carbonite frozen prisoners? They'd need to implement some sort of selection process that each character can go through. So on your marauder's run you set it up to treat your sorc, merc, and sniper as the other Imperial champions, but maybe on your assassin's run you set it up to treat your jugg, merc, and operative as the other Imperial champions. But then... Suppose you delete your jugg or transfer it to another server. Any character whose setup defines that character as the canonical warrior will have to be reverted back to having nothing selected for that spot and give you the chance to go in and set it to someone else later.

Clearly, these settings would be for something purely superficial in the game since it would have to be something that you can tweak the settings for at any time. Whatever it is that the game uses these settings for (like if they're seen in a major scene in the actual story) would have to have certain generic defaults to call out when there is no character selected for a spot.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

I'd hate the stories they'd trade about me behind my back.

"Pssst I hear our leader has the hots for Theran!"

"I heard he's going to disassemble Scorpio and C2-N2 and make something horrid out of both of them!"

"You're both wrong, he has the hots for Senya and called Lana nothing but a two-bit Sith Academy drop-out!"

• 1 month later...
Throughout the original 3-chapter class stories you kind of get the impression from time to time that the other 7 were out there doing their own thing at the same time. As in, canonically there are 8 distinct champions that have been running around making names for themselves. When you log into a character, you step into the perspective of one of those 8 characters, and from that perspective the other 7 also exist but are not encountered.

The Hutt and Revan expansions kind of blur that level of distinction down a bit. Canonically only 1 of the 4 on each faction could have been the one called to Makeb (and it's the one that you're currently playing) and only 1 of the 8 could have dealt with Revan (and it's the one that you're currently playing). The others would be assumed to be off doing their own thing while you were doing each of those stories, and the identity of the other faction's lone champion on Makeb is not something you would ever know.

Each of the 8 champions has their crew that they met during their original 3 chapters. Throughout Fallen Empire we have been meeting up with some of those people and it is acknowledged that they have history consistent with their involvement in the 8 class stories. Logically it seems as if all 8 champions disappeared around the same time, so even though only your current character was woken up by Lana to lead an alliance as "The Outlander" it would be reasonable to assume that the other 7 were also captured and stored somewhere. It's just that from your perspective the others would all be in stasis all throughout this current storyline.

However, the real issue that would make this suggestion difficult / complicated to implement is the fact that we can create multiple characters of each class. If a player has a sorceror and an assassin in their legacy (or 3 sorcs and 2 sins for a more extreme example) which one is the inquisitor that your marauder could cross paths with after freeing Zakuul's other carbonite frozen prisoners? They'd need to implement some sort of selection process that each character can go through. So on your marauder's run you set it up to treat your sorc, merc, and sniper as the other Imperial champions, but maybe on your assassin's run you set it up to treat your jugg, merc, and operative as the other Imperial champions. But then... Suppose you delete your jugg or transfer it to another server. Any character whose setup defines that character as the canonical warrior will have to be reverted back to having nothing selected for that spot and give you the chance to go in and set it to someone else later.

Clearly, these settings would be for something purely superficial in the game since it would have to be something that you can tweak the settings for at any time. Whatever it is that the game uses these settings for (like if they're seen in a major scene in the actual story) would have to have certain generic defaults to call out when there is no character selected for a spot.

I'd just be happy having my Dread Guard-themed Sith alts running around beside my SI in his full Dread Master outfit. Honestly I'd accept it being a completely non-canon thing where they're just combat companions with a few lines that they say when you click on them. Bioware could just recycle old lines with no need to record new ones. i.e. When clicked on a female SI might say "Murder and mayhem await!" or a Male SW might say "I will handle it". Just a few examples of old lines that would work as an imitation of a response to something your character supposedly just said.

I think Makeb could have been more than 1 of the 4 PCs per side...I played it with a friend and got multiple references to there being multiples of us. I like the idea that Makeb was a 4-man team of Republic heroes. But with SoR and on, yeah it seems like it shaded more towards just 1 of 8.