When Are We Getting Darth Marr's Armour?

XaurusEX

But why be a pretender when you can be yourself?

What's with this strange fetish of people that want to wear other dead people's clothes so badly?

Marr's armor can't even be considered iconic ("Iconic Jedi Robes please" people, please don't get triggered by the word iconic) because it's more common than it seems. I've seen minor npcs wearing it somewhere in the game world and it was the same.

Fairly certain there's acolytes wearing it during a heroic on Hoth.

You aren't Darth Marr.

I love his armor and the character. Hands down my favorite in the game. I like the fact there isn't a thousand Darth Marr's running around the fleet. Should and only ever be one Darth Marr.

Well if there is thousands of Revan's and Malgus' running around why not Marr?

Edited by XaurusEX

But why be a pretender when you can be yourself?

What's with this strange fetish of people that want to wear other dead people's clothes so badly?

Marr's armor can't even be considered iconic ("Iconic Jedi Robes please" people, please don't get triggered by the word iconic) because it's more common than it seems. I've seen minor npcs wearing it somewhere in the game world and it was the same.

Some people like to roleplay.

Edited by XaurusEX

Some people like to roleplay.

Role playing someone other than yourself is stupid. But if you really want to role play as Marr, buy yourself a Czerka Crate O'Matic and pretend it's a coffin. That's the only way to role play as a dead character.

Role playing someone other than yourself is stupid.

Isn't this the very definition of "role playing"? I guess you're mad about all the cosplaying also? And what about actors (ie Daisy Ridley) role-playing their characters (Rey)?

Yes, there is stupid here, but it's not what you think it is.

On-topic, I don't care for the OP since there is gear that's 99% identical, if not 100%, but it's interesting to see what things different people go crazy over and spend so much time on, no matter how seemingly insignificant.

Edited by PetFish

Isn't this the very definition of "role playing"? I guess you're mad about all the cosplaying also? And what about actors (ie Daisy Ridley) role-playing their characters (Rey)?

Yes, there is stupid here, but it's not what you think it is.

On-topic, I don't care for the OP since there is gear that's 99% identical, if not 100%, but it's interesting to see what things different people go crazy over and spend so much time on, no matter how seemingly insignificant.

Technically, yes that is what role playing is, however role playing as an already established character is not done as you have no direction, nor information on how that character thinks / would act in certain situations and you're gonna **** it up. Sure you can gauge from what we've seen already, but if you're going to role play as an already established character, you're headed into fan fiction territory and should not be interacting with other role players

The fact of the matter is, Marr is dead, not wandering the local cantina's of Nar Shadaa or standing atop the ramp outside of the Sith Academy on Korriban.

Edited by Darth-Rion

Well I'm done. I just wanted this thread to be about getting Darth Marr's armour into a future pack but its just gone offtopic from Reaver's dye to roleplay. Thank you to the people who supported this thread, and I guess thank you to the people who commented just to disprove this thread. Edited by XaurusEX

I'm happy with the Reaver's armor because while it isn't the same (and you've done a very good job pointing out the differences using those images), it's close enough. I personally don't want to see another pack with something so close.

BUT!

As far as the idea that because an NPC has it we can't, or that it has to be done via a quest, I'll call shenanigans. Revan and Malgus of course, but more currently we have Revan Reborn, Lana Beniko and Theron Shan's armor all up on the cartel market. Lana and Theron are still alive and kicking too, though I'm rather sad I can't put Lana back into her old duds.

So yeah, not my favorite idea but it certainly follows established cartel market behavior.

Edited by Crossward

As far as the idea that because an NPC has it we can't, or that it has to be done via a quest, I'll call shenanigans.

When I say either of those things, it is with my tongue so firmly in cheek that I'm worried if I can get it back out of there. It's mean to be at most 10% serious, even if I do think the quests would be hilarious. (The suggestion of cinematics about armour that smells because it hasn't been cleaned since the spare set was stolen should have been a clue...)

You know what, I'm about to say it. I'm about to say it right now...

...dis's stoooopid.

There's literally just a minor detail which makes both these armors different! This is even more silly than the Malgus set uproar. I imagine people will throw themselves out the nearest window when they see Atroxa's set.

Sorry.

Edited by richiesilva

• 6 years later...