When Are We Getting Darth Marr's Armour?

XaurusEX

Darth Marr has been in this game since launch and his armour has captured the eye's of many SWTOR players including myself. Darth Marr's armour has been requested many times before but it still Isn't in the game.

Newer characters that have been introduced into KOTFE have had their armour's put into packs but Darth Marr's armour still Isn't available o players. Before you say "Oh but the Reaver armor is Darth Marr's armour so stop asking for the same thing!" I want to show you that the Reaver's armor is in no way Darth Marr's armor it dyes wrong and has different textures compared to Darth Marrs. Marrs has extra lights and dyes differently, Reavers armor only dyes on select pieces and the rest is just left white making it look wrong plus darth marr has a unique colour it would probably be something like bright red/medium grey but it still wouldnt dye properly. Plus they are both based of two old pvp gear. Here is a picture of Reavers armor and below that Darth Marr's

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/swtor-reavers-armor-set-male-gatekeepers-stronghold-pack.jpg

http://tor-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Darth-Marr-Close.jpg

If you would be kind enough to consider this post Bioware it would mean alot and be a huge treat to all of us Marr fans

Thank you for reading my Post -Xaur

You're wearing it. It doesn't dye the same? Too bad. Do you have any idea how much of an uproar there would be if they released this under "Darth Marr"s armour? An exact duplicate that we were already given in a previous pack with a slightly different dye?

The problem is the Reaver is based of a completely different armor than Marr's is, Reaver is based off an old pvp armor (which i forgot the name was) while Marr's is based off the old level 50 champion vindicator armor, there might be an uproar but people can choose whether to get Darth Marr's armor or just stick with the Reaver, everyone has different opinions and I was just trying to share my side. Some people want Darth Marr's armor/ the others might be perfectly happy with Reaver. Plus its not a Duplicate look at my pictures they are different models! Edited by XaurusEX

It's a duplicate. It is exactly the same armour with a different dye pattern.

They may share the same mesh but the textures and patterns are just wrong. If it is just a "duplicate" then hopefully it will turn up in a future pack, I don't really care what it is as long as they just give us the armour.

Put different dyes in the different pieces and you can make it look the same. Some pieces will need black/red others red/black and others maybe black/black.

That's not how it works. Have a look at my screen shots. And this isnt about the dyes its about getting the full proper armor, the one that Darth Marr is actually wearing.

Edited by XaurusEX

You're splitting hairs and yes different dyes in different pieces will chance things because the drape is not purple in the un-dyed reaver set. Al so there are different named versions of this armor in game not all colored the same, some unavailable now but existing copies are still out there you may have missed your chance. Personally I would rather them come out with more unique sets than re-reskinning old armors.

You're splitting hairs and yes different dyes in different pieces will chance things because the drape is not purple in the un-dyed reaver set. Al so there are different named versions of this armor in game not all colored the same, some unavailable now but existing copies are still out there you may have missed your chance. Personally I would rather them come out with more unique sets than re-reskinning old armors.

I didn't even want this thread to be about Reaver's armour so lets leave that out for now. This was about getting Darth Marr's official armour into a pack so it can be made available to all of us Marr fans and people who might wanna roleplay as him, if you think Bioware should make new armors then that's fine but that's for a different thread entirely I just don't see why they cant throw in Darth Marrs armour.......

Edited by XaurusEX

That's not how it works. Have a look at my screen shots. And this isnt about the dyes its about getting the full proper armor, the one that Darth Marr is actually wearing.

Fuss, fuss.

He's still wearing it.

And the original is locked up in some vault somewhere on Zakuul.

Hey, there's an idea!

My answer to the people who say that they want to wear Vaylin's armour is that (a) she is still wearing it and (b) it should require a tricky quest where you have to break into her apartments on Zakuul and steal her spare set from her wardrobe. It allows for some comedy gold cinematics, where what's left of Arcann's nose notices that her main set hasn't been washed in a while.

So for the people who want to wear Darth Marr's armour, we should have the same thing, except not the cinematics. And characters who haven't completed Chapter XII can't wear it. (Because the quest isn't available for people who haven't finished Chapter XII.)

I didn't even want this thread to be about Reaver's armour so lets leave that out for now. This was about getting Darth Marr's official armour into a pack so it can be made available to all of us Marr fans and people who might wanna roleplay as him, if you think Bioware should make new armors then that's fine but that's for a different thread entirely I just don't see why they cant throw in Darth Marrs armour.......

He's not saying they can't. He's saying they *shouldn't* or that at least they should make some new sets rather than more reskins.

Re: Reaver issue. Well, maybe you didn't want the thread to be about that, but Internet forum threads are like that. You kinda have to live with it.

He's not saying they can't. He's saying they *shouldn't* or that at least they should make some new sets rather than more reskins.

Re: Reaver issue. Well, maybe you didn't want the thread to be about that, but Internet forum threads are like that. You kinda have to live with it.

To be honest I actually like the idea of doing quests for "special" armors but i doubt that will happen. And yes, unfortunately things do get off topic. I just thought it would be nice for Bioware to add Darth Marr's armour either through a quest or through a pack :) Maybe they could do something similar with what they did with Malak, a replica perhaps?

Edited by XaurusEX

i doubt there will be darth marr's armor. The Reavers armor and Marr's armor are so similar with each other that there's no point releasing marr's armor. I can see that the color texture and pattern are bit off, but it's not enough to convince bioware. Personally to me, i'm just fine wearing the reaver's armor with some red/black dye on it. Doesn't really bother me at all.

We already had his armor in game. It was the Champion PvP armor for the Jugg back in 1.0. I still got a set in my bank. As for putting back in the game, if BW wants to put it in the CM they will. I will be over here in the cool kids corner with all the other vets who already have it

But why be a pretender when you can be yourself?

What's with this strange fetish of people that want to wear other dead people's clothes so badly?

Marr's armor can't even be considered iconic ("Iconic Jedi Robes please" people, please don't get triggered by the word iconic) because it's more common than it seems. I've seen minor npcs wearing it somewhere in the game world and it was the same.