Error with chat pane; while typing, do you leave chat and start opening menus?

AndriusAjax

For about a week now, while typing in the chat pane, occasionally, and so far with no pattern i can tell, I will start opening menus, as my cursor (so to speak) is no longer in the cat pane.

So for example, im typing something in guild chat, and out of no where all my menus and actions assigned to whatever keys ive hit start going off. Essentially, i was removed from the chat menu... Any else having this issue or possibly know where I can look to fix this?

It usually happens to me because I hit the Tab key while typing. But on occasion I think the cursor is in the chat box when it really isn't, so I start typing outside and all those windows start popping out.

Aggravating, really :-)

I get that sometimes, and the two things that (in my case) seem to affect it are when I brush the trackpad on my laptop, or when I hit one of the mapped chat keyboard shortcuts (which I never seem to remember to unbind when I play). There is also the "accidentally hit Enter and post a half-written comment, opening the windows as I carry on obliviously typing" scenario, which is usually fun and anti-climactic for my guildies, who are waiting for a witty or smutty punchline.

Make sure the guild panel is closed. Since they "improved our quality of life" with the last patch then each time somebody logs in or out it makes the guild panel reload. This also takes the focus from the chat panel so mid-sentance you start firing off hotkeys instead of typing. This same thing happens to any text area that has focus from what I've seen including the message of the day and guild description.