The Official Companion Wishlist

ScorpioStrikes

One of the new features of KOTFE that I really love is the multitude of new companions. Now, I know that some players feel that they are drowning in companions, but, personally, I genuinely enjoy this myriad of companions. However, I do suggest that the companions below be optional with regards to recruitment. I do also suggest that there be a mission tied to the recruitment of such companions, whether or not they be subscriber rewards.

So, to get down to it, I think it would be fantastic and very exciting to see some new cross-class companions that wield new weapon types. Specifically, I would love to see at least two. The first could be a companion that makes use of a lightsaber pike, maybe a rogue Zakuul Knight, sort of like Senya. I think the second companion should wield a San-Ni staff, and should be a top member of the resistance against the Eternal Empire.

Lightsaber Pike:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber_pike/Legends

San-Ni Staff:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/San-Ni_staff

:sul_wink::sul_grin::sul_tongue::ph_thank_you::sy_companion:

Thank you!

Hail and farewell,

- ScorpioStrikes

Great suggestions, but,

Jaxo possibly dies. (Depending on choice)

Lana is a companion in KOTFE.

And you have the option to kill Thana.

But, otherwise, I think those are great ideas.

Choices matter! If you kill those characters you don't get them. If you let them live, you get them! What's neat about two in particular is that you get a companion for playing "against type". That is, a dark side Republic decision results in a character and a light side Imperial decision results in a character.

how is this official?

It isn't. That aside, here's what I have wanted since forever.

A Human HOT MALE FORCE USER. How do we not have one yet, yet we have like a dozen female ones?

This could be:

-A Sith

-A Jedi

-A disenchanted Zakuul Knight

-Another Force-user

I'd also like a cool female, no-nonsense, non-romancable Jedi companion. Like she rejects your pitiful attempt at romancing her.

A Human HOT MALE FORCE USER. How do we not have one yet, yet we have like a dozen female ones?

This could be:

-A Sith

-A Jedi

-Another Force-user

I'd also like a cool female, no-nonsense, non-romancable Jedi companion. Like she rejects your pitiful attempt at romancing her.

Senya comes really close to that last one. By all accounts she's basically a Sixth Line Jedi. I know she fell in love and had kids with Valky, but we can't hold that against her. Satele Shan did that and she's head of the Jedi Order.

As for a hot human male force user, we're really limited to *any* male force user. We get...who, Scourge and Yuun? I'm not sure why that is. Who knows, maybe that Zakuul Knight can come back and join the Alliance if we spare him twice.

"I was wrong about you. Thanks for letting me live long enough to see it."

This could be:

-A Sith

-A Jedi

-Another Force-user

So which thread should we use, this one or the one the OP created in the Cartel Market Suggestions?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=878789

which more then likely the cartel market is where companions would go.

Who knows, maybe that Zakuul Knight can come back and join the Alliance if we spare him twice.

"I was wrong about you. Thanks for letting me live long enough to see it."

The one who sends you a thank you letter for letting him live & go home to his husband?

Edited by XiamaraSimi

The other one, Novo I think his name is. The big bald guy who you have to fight twice (once in Chapter 3, and again in Chapter 7.) His second partner even calls him out on his bullheadedness in the email. I wouldn't be surprised if we see him again, but I hope this time he gets the memo.

So which thread should we use, this one or the one the OP created in the Cartel Market Suggestions?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=878789

which more then likely the cartel market is where companions would go.

I created two separate threads because companions from the Cartel Market are a different sort of companion. For example, the player can converse with Lana, or Senya, or Koth, or HK-51, or HK-55, while they cannot interact with companions from the Cartel Market. In addition to this, companions from the Cartel Market are not personnel, but creatures or droids.

I created the other thread to serve as a way to request companions from the Cartel Market, for example, creatures or droids; basically companions that one would not expect to interact with. The purpose of this thread is to request/suggest companions that the player can converse with, i.e. personnel, and would likely obtain through a quest.

Thanks!

Hail & farewell,

- ScorpioStrikes

I created two separate threads because companions from the Cartel Market are a different sort of companion. For example, the player can converse with Lana, or Senya, or Koth, or HK-51, or HK-55, while they cannot interact with companions from the Cartel Market. In addition to this, companions from the Cartel Market are not personnel, but creatures or droids.

I created the other thread to serve as a way to request companions from the Cartel Market, for example, creatures or droids; basically companions that one would not expect to interact with. The purpose of this thread is to request/suggest companions that the player can converse with, i.e. personnel, and would likely obtain through a quest.

Thanks!

Hail & farewell,

- ScorpioStrikes

That's cool, but you can't call it official when you're not an official representative of BioWare or EA. There's nothing official about it and it makes me want to go start another thread with the same topic, just to spite you.

That's cool, but you can't call it official when you're not an official representative of BioWare or EA. There's nothing official about it and it makes me want to go start another thread with the same topic, just to spite you.

I may not be a representative of BioWare or EA, but I may name my threads as I like. Indeed, I am hardly the first to apply such naming conventions to a thread. I do not understand why such a name matters to you.

Have a nice day!

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone want to jump on my couple of two-years-running threads that have titles like that too? I'm sure you'll find the BioWare dev replies interesting.

As for companions, I'm still daring BIoWare to make a force using "caster type" selonian or amaran. Something you could have the choice to either romance, or make specieist comments into oblivion about.

• For the selonian, I figure one of them would probably only end up outside of their nest if they were scouted for training by the Jedi or something. Maybe a somewhat bookish (or geeky) female one that likes using the opportunity of being a Jedi to study the galaxy?
  • For the amaran, I was originally figuring a female Sith, but maybe a Zakuulan instead? That actually sounds rather interesting, at least if they'd TAKE someone of that species. Maybe they're a bit over dramatic. Actually, now that I think of it, maybe a former Sith that joined the Eternal Empire (either out of opportunity or fear), but can be turned to work with the Outlander.

Dares aside, there's some other concepts I'd find really interesting, or would love to see.

• A jet trooper would be another one I'd find interesting, especially if romanceable. Perhaps part of an experimental Republic Squad that was split up or shattered during the conflict with the Eternal Empire? If it were even reasonably possible to set up, I'd like if the jetpack, which would tie into some of their abilities, were a fixed part of their appearance regardless of what armor they had on.
  • Just for the heck of it, maybe one possible companion could be a Skytrooper droid that either malfunctioned or was reprogrammed. That sounds like it has some interesting possibilities, at least if it's possible in the lore. Actually, the malfunction version sounds more interesting.

Edited by Nichos_Ketra

• 4 weeks later...

To add to my list of companion dares for BioWare, I have a few more things.

• A droid companion available to both factions that can transform into a vehicle (such as a speeder), which adds the corresponding vehicle unlock when acquired as a companion. Has ability to speak Basic. Ranged weapon attack capabilities. Has an intriguing but good-aligned personality. Bonus dare 1: Droid is roughly animal-based in appearance, such as a wolf or (small) krayt dragon. Bonus dare 2: Has an enigmatic origin of construction, which appears to be recently derived from Star Forge technology.
  • A Jedi who has dabbled into a version of force alchemy, normally used by Sith. Bonus points for them being light-sided, but have to deal with temptation or side-effects from their power of choice.
  • Just for kicks, Commander Narlock from the Esseles flashpoint if he's still alive. Victory or nothing!

As for companions, I'm still daring BIoWare to make a force using "caster type" selonian or amaran. Something you could have the choice to either romance, or make specieist comments into oblivion about.

• For the selonian, I figure one of them would probably only end up outside of their nest if they were scouted for training by the Jedi or something. Maybe a somewhat bookish (or geeky) female one that likes using the opportunity of being a Jedi to study the galaxy?
  • For the amaran, I was originally figuring a female Sith, but maybe a Zakuulan instead? That actually sounds rather interesting, at least if they'd TAKE someone of that species. Maybe they're a bit over dramatic. Actually, now that I think of it, maybe a former Sith that joined the Eternal Empire (either out of opportunity or fear), but can be turned to work with the Outlander.

Dares aside, there's some other concepts I'd find really interesting, or would love to see.

• A jet trooper would be another one I'd find interesting, especially if romanceable. Perhaps part of an experimental Republic Squad that was split up or shattered during the conflict with the Eternal Empire? If it were even reasonably possible to set up, I'd like if the jetpack, which would tie into some of their abilities, were a fixed part of their appearance regardless of what armor they had on.
  • Just for the heck of it, maybe one possible companion could be a Skytrooper droid that either malfunctioned or was reprogrammed. That sounds like it has some interesting possibilities, at least if it's possible in the lore. Actually, the malfunction version sounds more interesting.

Those are some great ideas!

So, to begin, there is a Selonian companion that was introduced a few months ago, so I feel pretty satisfied on that front, but it might be worth a try in a year or two. Onto the Amaran. I love the idea! However, while they could be a Sith (I can't see too many people lining up to join the Eternal Empire), I think it would be really neat if they were the owner of a merchant company (Sort of like a law-abiding Hylo Visz), and they joined the alliance because the Eternal Empire is "bad for business."

Now, for the jet trooper. I like it. That's a really cool idea, actually! The same goes for the Skytrooper!

Now it's time for one of my brand-new ideas. So, I was thinking, trying to come up with some interesting ideas for a new companion, and I thought, "Hey! How about a Selkath scientist?" They would make a perfect healer companion, and I'm sure there is a way to work in some tanking and damage abilities, as well. I think that they would be a pretty cool companion. I also think the scientist should have a vibrant and interesting skin pattern such as in the picture. That's it for now.

Thanks!

Hail and farewell,

- ScorpioStrikes

Edited by ScorpioStrikes

*snip*

You know, I think the Selkath players were tasked to find in KOTOR was originally supposed to become a companion. Especially with the seemingly out of place Selkath featured prominently on the cover of the game. It'd be interesting to actually get a Selkath companion now, I wonder what they'd do with that.

As for what I meant with the amaran companion, I figured they would be a Sith who joined the Eternal Empire out of fear, when the Eternal Empire showed up and beat everyone else into submission. They felt it was either join them, or die. So it might take some convincing for someone to get through to them that there's a chance to stop the Eternal Empire, so they actually feel safe enough to join the Outlander.

As for the selonian, sure, there's a selonian companion, however there's a big difference between the kind of person who wipes out another clan as marksman, and someone who was taken in at a young age for training as a Jedi. Although there being one at all probably makes this one less likely. -_-

I want some companions fighting style to be reworked. For example turn Lana into Sorc-style companion, Kaliyo into Vanguard/PT Pyrotech/Plasmatech style close-ranged companion.

And i really wish to get back old double-bladed companions (Kira, Jaesa, Xalek, Nadia) ability to use single-bladed lightsabers.