SWTOR Hard Mode / Nightmare Mode Video Boss Fight Guides

The reduced intro time is just perfect. I also appreciate the NiM guides exclusively covering the new mechanics instead of rehashing the old mechanics. Once again, you are easy to understand and very clear.

The only critique I would give calls back to the SC&FB fight where you bring in another person to explain the healing responsibility. I personally do not feel that this is necessary or desirable, as the video benefits from its uniform presentation. The second speaker's lack of a quality microphone hindered the video as a whole. I understand wanting to get the healer's perspective for this fight, and so it may be better to have her write the script for that section. If the desire is to get more people in your raid team involved in the project, then disregard this feedback.

In my opinion, these videos are still a step or two ahead of WoW's Fatboss guides. They have multiple people narrating too, but waste much of the video going onto tangents and making jokes. You all stay on point and I appreciate that.

Hey Crossward,

Again great feedback and much appreciated mate. I wanted to also say thank you to everyone following along with us as we push these out and for dealing with the different changes and ideas. We're experimenting with different suggestions and ideas to really make these video guides the most informative and complete ones out there. As we push further into releasing more of these i'm sure you guys will see some experimental things pop up or changes as we try and hone in on the best process and the most complete way of presenting this stuff. Feedback like this though is crucial to that process and we really do appreciate it :)

On a side note one of our team members was at a gas station the other day and got into a conversation with someone who apparently plays the game and when she mentioned this project they immediately knew what she was talking about which I thought was epic. So I wanted to thank everyone for that as well, spreading the word and helping us get this content out among the SWTOR community hopefully to those who can really benefit from it.

LOL I suppose I've rambled on enough :p

TLDR: Thanks for the feedback!; thanks for the support!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's up hayete! Long time no talk bro! The guides are looking great man! Keep it up! Lemme know if you ever need anything.. my groups currently working through all the nIm content and I'm looking forward to seeing some of your strats on the other fights like tfb/snv . Hit me up if you need any help with anything bro.

You still around on JC?

What's up hayete! Long time no talk bro! The guides are looking great man! Keep it up! Lemme know if you ever need anything.. my groups currently working through all the nIm content and I'm looking forward to seeing some of your strats on the other fights like tfb/snv . Hit me up if you need any help with anything bro.

You still around on JC?

Hey buddy! No i left JC right around the time Republic Gentleman starting their WoW stent. I'm over on Shadowlands full time now. Thanks for the praise and support by the way. Hopefully we'll get to hit an operation together again in the future at some point :)

UPDATE:

Slight change of plans here guys. The Kephess NiM video has been completed but our kill video audio was somehow corrupted. In an effort to keep pushing out high quality video guides I've made the decision to hold off on releasing the guide until we go back in and get a new recording that is usable. Phalanx Squad will be taking this week off so the earliest this will occur is next week. My plan as of now is to start releasing the Hard Mode TFB guides so those should be rolling out this week. I wanted to explain the situation there so when the TFB guides start rolling out people do not thing we skipped Kephess NiM.

Writhing Horror HM TFB guide added. For those following these videos you should see quite a few changes from the prior introduction and conclusion parts of the guide. Any feedback on this variation compared to prior videos would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all and enjoy!

i like the new intro.

i hope you up load operator IX soon i want to finally get deletion protocols correct and not kill more than half the group because i was charging around like a headless chicken trying to get to the guy who was standing away from the group mashing keys.

i like the new intro.

i hope you up load operator IX soon i want to finally get deletion protocols correct and not kill more than half the group because i was charging around like a headless chicken trying to get to the guy who was standing away from the group mashing keys.

LOL!!! we've got the data for all HM TFB fights, it's just finding the time to get in and make the videos. I quite literally just got done recording the audio for the Dread Guards and am hoping to have that one out by tomorrow evening. After that it's on to Op 9. So with any luck your deletion protocol woes will be taken care of shortly :D

• 2 weeks later...
Finally operator is here

time to get my revenge on deletion protocals!

Good luck! I always have a great time in that fight. The one thing that us in phalanx will tell you is that this fight can make groups feel like they are running around like headless chickens. If you guys feel like you're just all over the place remember to slow down, and think about why you're moving to the spots you're moving to, and when you have to. The first time I ever cleared that boss was just awesome. Best of luck to you, and I hope you post a kill shot here so we can share the experience!

-Isaacbell

Edited by Shwarzchild

Good luck! I always have a great time in that fight. The one thing that us in phalanx will tell you is that this fight can make groups feel like they are running around like headless chickens. If you guys feel like you're just all over the place remember to slow down, and think about why you're moving to the spots you're moving to, and when you have to. The first time I ever cleared that boss was just awesome. Best of luck to you, and I hope you post a kill shot here so we can share the experience!

-Isaacbell

I just wish we had more similar fights. This one is so cool! The whole theme of it is spot on. Interesting mechanics, cool atmosphere. Love this one! :) Thanks for the videos, all of them! You folks rock, big time! :)

i'm doing TFB tomorrow anyone know a quick guide of kephes

i know there is a tank swap and this laser thing you use to hit pylons on phase 1 (that was in SM pre nerf) and phase 2 has the Nanites but is there anything new?

i know there is a tank swap and this laser thing you use to hit pylons on phase 1 (that was in SM pre nerf) and phase 2 has the Nanites but is there anything new?

2nd phase has the Barrage following a random player, will do damage and a knockback effect if it touches someone.

there's some lightning balls spawning around the place and dps must kill them before they latch onto healers.

Quick Break Down:

Phase 1:

- Overcharge: Blue Lighting placed on primary target (usually tank)

- Laser Blast: 9 sec Channel used for Pillar Mechanic

- Hypergate Void: Huge Blue circle used to remove Overcharge

- Energy Distortion: Orbs spawned throughout Phase 1

Phase 2:

- Earthquake: Raid Wide AoE Damage

- Dread Bomb: Red Circle leap and smash

- Nanites: Green debuff gained every 15 sec randomly by players

- Radioactive Barrage: AoE single target tracked mechanic; randomly assigned to players

Phase 3:

- Fury of the Masters: Orange circles; soft enrage

Abridged Strategy:

Initiate pull. Use raid buffs and hard DPS on Kephess. Tanks should move Kephess to whichever pillar he attaches himself to in preparation for Laser Blast. As the primary tank picks ups Overcharge run it into Hypergate Void to remove it's effects. Other tank should taunt here in response. As Energy Distortion orbs come out have DPS pick them up. Must be DPS'd by those who aggro it. Cannot be killed by anyone else. Rinse and repeat this until 50% or timed push (can't find the note I have on this exact time). Phase 2: clear center and avoid Pillars. Players will gain nanites which damage over time and stack/go out every 15 seconds. We suggest waiting until at least two people have nanites. Find your way to a pillar and have those with nanites click to channel. Move Kephess to this pillar and have those player disengage their channel to drop it on Kephess. You'll have a period of increased damage taken by Kephess so make sure to capitalize on this. Radioactive Barrage will be ongoing through this phase. Player will be named through system text. Have that player move away from the group. Rinse and repeat these mechanics until 9%. At 9% stack group near Kephess and move tanks away from him. Avoid orange circles and heal through raid wide Fury of the Masters damage. Kill > Loot > Cheer :D

I should have the Kephess HM guide up this weekend. This week has been STUPID busy in real life!

Edited by Bahadori

complete...disaster

i had to do it in a pug group yaaay

first GROUP (yeah i had to re make the entire group)

two healers from the empire version of not good enough

one of them had the patience and tolerance of a small child and was very arrogant then he began complaining because someone was "not here" then tank makes a mistake, time to rage "what are you doing noob" (this is all the first boss by the way) then we wiped. he insta leaves without saying a word. this is the guy who on there live streams dies almost all the time and gets complained at for making mistakes yet here he is complaining for "simple mistakes being made"

SECOND GROUP

first and second boss all good cleared easy

operator... oh dear

first phase orange colour wipe because..well i have no idea what happened.

second attempt fist phase done but messy very messy the yellow team were terrible two of the failure droids come BEFORE they even killed there orbs and got the middle and console clicking done as soon as operator came we insta wiped

third attempt first phase done but messy once again then came operator not only do i find that red text hard to read but also one healer just didn't bother going to the middle to get shielded they just stood there.#

fourt fifth sixth...you know where this is going

complete...disaster

i had to do it in a pug group yaaay

first GROUP (yeah i had to re make the entire group)

two healers from the empire version of not good enough

one of them had the patience and tolerance of a small child and was very arrogant then he began complaining because someone was "not here" then tank makes a mistake, time to rage "what are you doing noob" (this is all the first boss by the way) then we wiped. he insta leaves without saying a word. this is the guy who on there live streams dies almost all the time and gets complained at for making mistakes yet here he is complaining for "simple mistakes being made"

SECOND GROUP

first and second boss all good cleared easy

operator... oh dear

first phase orange colour wipe because..well i have no idea what happened.

second attempt fist phase done but messy very messy the yellow team were terrible two of the failure droids come BEFORE they even killed there orbs and got the middle and console clicking done as soon as operator came we insta wiped

third attempt first phase done but messy once again then came operator not only do i find that red text hard to read but also one healer just didn't bother going to the middle to get shielded they just stood there.#

fourt fifth sixth...you know where this is going

I'm heard there's a pretty epic guide on Op 9 HM somewhere :p You should turn them onto it LOL. Sorry to hear the Op was a bust though mate.

Edited by Bahadori