Aric Jorgan companion quest 'New Circumstances '

TraceyHaynes

Hi,

I'm just starting the New Circumstances part of Aric's quest to find the dead eyes, on Hoth, but it's leading me to a PvP area, is there another way around?

I've tried searching on here and elsewhere but can't find any info on this part.

Apologies if I've posted in the wrong section 😳

Thanks for any help ☺

The Hoth map is very quirky, always has been. It likes to send players through the opposite faction's bases. Just remember that the Republic bases are all in the north, the Imperials in the south.

Not just Hoth, I've had that happen a few times on various planets later in the story.

Also to OP, I just did like you did, found away around to get where I needed to go. Most of the missions for Companions like to live in enemy terrority for some odd reasons,

Yeah, you have to approach the suggested routes on the map with a bit of care. I had the same situation on Ilum. It really wanted me to go through a Republic controlled tunnel with my BH. A bit of exploration showed that it was not at all necessary.

• 4 years later...

In pretty much all cases, the map's "suggested route" is the shortest possible route from where you are to where you need to be. In practice this will often be a bad idea or actually take longer thanks to a need to fight through trash mobs or opposing-faction bases.

In the case of the Imperial base for that specific mission, the Imperial faction zone does not quite cover the entire gap in the mountains, but it is a gigantic pain-in-the-posterior and it is generally easier to travel/quick travel to the Republic base in the north of the area, and go in from there. Once you get to a point where you are closer to the Republic base than the Imperial one, the navigation marker to show the zone exit should update to the one in the north.

• 2 months later...

I see no one has added directions yet.

How to get to the mission area of "New Circumstances" Safely:

-Go to Outpost Senth using public transportation or quick travel.

-Head west into Highmount Ridge. Follow the bold yellow path on your map.

-Take the second intersection south. It is a dotted yellow path on your map, southward.

-Follow the path all the way down, to the south of the map.

-You will encounter a bold yellow path on your map. Follow it westward.

-You will enter Icefall Plains.

-Keep to the path until there is a yellow dotted path to the south, on your map.

-Follow it south and then east.

-Your mission cave should be visible right after you pass below the the Crane with the icicle.

-Now go and save the universe! For the Republic!

Edited by Dichantis
Ye ol'e spelling and grammar
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/6/2021 at 9:41 AM, Dichantis said:

I see no one has added directions yet.

How to get to the mission area of "New Circumstances" Safely:

Hide contents

-Go to Outpost Senth using public transportation or quick travel.

-Head west into Highmount Ridge. Follow the bold yellow path on your map.

-Take the second intersection south. It is a dotted yellow path on your map, southward.

-Follow the path all the way down, to the south of the map.

-You will encounter a bold yellow path on your map. Follow it westward.

-You will enter Icefall Plains.

-Keep to the path until there is a yellow dotted path to the south, on your map.

-Follow it south and then east.

-Your mission cave should be visible right after you pass below the the Crane with the icicle.

-Now go and save the universe! For the Republic!

Necro. I needed this. Is still useful.