Swtor ruined for good

EhiLightingrider

You know we can see your posting history?

yes and I looked myself to remember my short term memory is damaged ... and yeah I posted 3 things a long time ago and forgot about it but majority of my posts are here in this forum but hey keep picking on the guy who has a disability

I contacted customer service and am happy with the outcome

Edited by EhiLightingrider

I'm actually worried about the medical care you are receiving now. Short-term memory is widely regarded as covering about the last 30 seconds. If you have been told that you have short-term memory loss by a medical professional, you should seek alternative care. Short-term memory loss would account for forgetting your security key code between seeing it and entering it, not for forgetting that you had made several posts in the last few years.

hey keep picking on the guy who has a disability

7 strokes and a heart attack here. On my good days, I have a slight tremour. On my bad days, it's 5-6 inches. Thanks to that, my eyes have gotten weak as well. Memory is pretty much shot as some days I have to remember my own name.

Oh and the only meds that work on me cause cancer.

I can still get my point across. My education is math and physics but I still know how to write a question or a suggestion or something similar.

You ranted.

I'm actually worried about the medical care you are receiving now. Short-term memory is widely regarded as covering about the last 30 seconds. If you have been told that you have short-term memory loss by a medical professional, you should seek alternative care. Short-term memory loss would account for forgetting your security key code between seeing it and entering it, not for forgetting that you had made several posts in the last few years.

He is most likely just making the whole thing up, like people who want certain achievements removed from planets so they can get 100% because they have "OCD."

He is most likely just making the whole thing up, like people who want certain achievements removed from planets so they can get 100% because they have "OCD."

Not saying he is, or isn't, but I can't count the number of times I've seen someone get into an online ruckus, only to throw out that they happen to be a former navy seal or something, so therefore that excuses their actions, or means they should get more credence in that forum.

Not saying he is, or isn't, but I can't count the number of times I've seen someone get into an online ruckus, only to throw out that they happen to be a former navy seal or something, so therefore that excuses their actions, or means they should get more credence in that forum.

if I knew how o post photos id post a photo of me in the hospital. but I don't know how to do it ......yes I struggle with things my cousin has a daughter who I adore she's the 3rd member of my dads family to join the armed forces, and I do my best to advise her from my experiences.now my cousins daughters name I forgot for 45 minutes, I struggled to remember my nieces name. one that I spend a lot of time with I finely went to Facebook and found her moms page to get her name, that's one example. I have post it notes with peoples names and appointments all over to remind me. my long term memory is ok I wont say its 100% some things have slipped my memory but my short term memory is where I have problems. dr_mike at least you had a education my education was working in my dads outboard motor repair shop since I was 10 years old by the time I was 14 my dad sent me to mercury marine school in fond du lac ,Wisconsin. I did not go to school alone my father and uncle were there to be recertified, my cousin and I were there to be certified for the first time. we were worried about my age but I got through ok and was certified. but I was a bit tired of working on boat motors, I wanted something different and since JROTC was new in my school, I got involved and attended for 4 years. after graduation I went into the marines again there is no writing when your job is to shoot a rifle, writing is for POUGES not GRUNTS. I did my service and went back to boats father, so when I completed my contract I took my honorable discharge went home. and ran my fathers business I inherited it and hired a secretary. I knew enough how to read my books and see if anyone stole from me, then I got my head injury and I retired .it was better to retire let my sons run the shop and take my retirement check at 46 from my shop and do nothing why I don't want to be responsible for the death of a fisherman and his crew here in Hawaii nor a family out boating and fishing for a Saturday or Sunday. I could not live with myself if children died because I forgot something like reconnecting the engine warning system . now look I don't want none of your pity or mockery I don't need it but if you all want to please feel free . I called customer service and let them know my complaints and when the CSR told me to post on the forum I said no way ill never start a new post again. she asked why I read to her all the comments and said that is why I will never start a thread . customer service is handling it and I'm content with the outcome of my phone call the CSR understood why I will never start a thread but that's my choice I have a new outlet I will just pick up my phone now have a nice day and God bless you all :)

if i knew how o post photos id post a photo of me in the hospital. But i don't know how to do it ......yes i struggle with things my cousin has a daughter who i adore she's the 3rd member of my dads family to join the armed forces, and i do my best to advise her from my experiences.now my cousins daughters name i forgot for 45 minutes, i struggled to remember my nieces name. One that i spend a lot of time with i finely went to facebook and found her moms page to get her name, that's one example. I have post it notes with peoples names and appointments all over to remind me. My long term memory is ok i wont say its 100% some things have slipped my memory but my short term memory is where i have problems. Dr_mike at least you had a education my education was working in my dads outboard motor repair shop since i was 10 years old by the time i was 14 my dad sent me to mercury marine school in fond du lac ,wisconsin. I did not go to school alone my father and uncle were there to be recertified, my cousin and i were there to be certified for the first time. We were worried about my age but i got through ok and was certified. But i was a bit tired of working on boat motors, i wanted something different and since jrotc was new in my school, i got involved and attended for 4 years. After graduation i went into the marines again there is no writing when your job is to shoot a rifle, writing is for pouges not grunts. I did my service and went back to boats father, so when i completed my contract i took my honorable discharge went home. And ran my fathers business i inherited it and hired a secretary. I knew enough how to read my books and see if anyone stole from me, then i got my head injury and i retired .it was better to retire let my sons run the shop and take my retirement check at 46 from my shop and do nothing why i don't want to be responsible for the death of a fisherman and his crew here in hawaii nor a family out boating and fishing for a saturday or sunday. I could not live with myself if children died because i forgot something like reconnecting the engine warning system . Now look i don't want none of your pity or mockery i don't need it but if you all want to please feel free . I called customer service and let them know my complaints and when the csr told me to post on the forum i said no way ill never start a new post again. She asked why i read to her all the comments and said that is why i will never start a thread . Customer service is handling it and i'm content with the outcome of my phone call the csr understood why i will never start a thread but that's my choice i have a new outlet i will just pick up my phone now have a nice day and god bless you all :)

paragraphs do you ue them?!

I'm an astronaut and a world-class triathlete.

• 5 years later...
Damn this game has a long history of being ruined every single patch. This is from when the game was ruined in 4.0 and you can find a ton of these types of posts 😂😂 damn man wonder how this game has survived 10 years when it constantly gets ruined (reality is it's a very small minority crying about the changes).

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Damn this game has a long history of being ruined every single patch. This is from when the game was ruined in 4.0 and you can find a ton of these types of posts 😂😂 damn man wonder how this game has survived 10 years when it constantly gets ruined (reality is it's a very small minority crying about the changes).

No. It has a long history of people ranting endlessly (and usually incoherently) about the game being ruined every single patch, which isn't the same thing at all.

Well, while true that there are doomsayers each patch, the population of the game has gone down since those days quite considerably (200 servers to a handful now). I think the big takeaway I've had is that the SW IP keeps this game afloat in spite of the deficiencies. Using the steam stats, the game enjoyed a release bump when 7.0 came out, to then drop to below pre-update numbers: https://steamcharts.com/app/1286830

Month Avg. Players Gain % Gain Peak Players

Last 30 Days 5,308.6 +19.0 +0.36% 9,067

April 2022 5,289.5 -1,019.1 -16.15% 9,035

March 2022 6,308.6 -1,780.3 -22.01% 11,568

February 2022 8,088.9 +1,821.1 +29.05% 19,054

January 2022 6,267.9 +400.8 +6.83% 10,602

December 2021 5,867.1 +142.2 +2.48% 9,636

November 2021 5,724.9 -47.0 -0.81% 9,787

October 2021 5,771.9 -693.3 -10.72% 9,783

September 2021 6,465.3 -898.4 -12.20% 10,986

August 2021 7,363.6 +1,082.5 +17.23% 12,525

July 2021 6,281.1 +1,210.7 +23.88% 10,388

June 2021 5,070.4 -801.6 -13.65% 8,996

May 2021 5,872.1 +932.0 +18.87% 10,021

April 2021 4,940.0 -528.1 -9.66% 8,465

March 2021 5,468.1 -1,259.8 -18.72% 9,667

February 2021 6,727.9 -1,078.7 -13.82% 12,236

January 2021 7,806.6 +1,740.3 +28.69% 13,143

December 2020 6,066.3 -308.7 -4.84% 10,745

November 2020 6,375.0 +164.9 +2.65% 10,369

October 2020 6,210.1 -1,331.2 -17.65% 10,331

September 2020 7,541.3 -2,980.1 -28.32% 11,800

August 2020 10,521.4 -7,928.3 -42.97% 21,283

July 2020 18,449.7 - - 27,416

So just using steam's portion of the playerbase, we've seen a drop in both the average daily and peak daily over the past 2 years with the peak in players being the first 2 months of the game being on steam, and the 3rd highest peak being the release month of update 7.0.

(6.0 released near end of 2019)

Average daily in the last half of 2020 was ~9,194.

Average for 2021 was ~6,113

Average for 2022 so far including the spike due to update 7.0: 6,253

Will be interesting to watch the chart for rest of 2022 as the spike from 7.0 has already led to past 2 months decline (early may results show a slight spike less than 1%)

So, I won't say the game is dead and in maintenance mode because I've learned over the years that the IP will keep this game afloat as long as the lights stay on. But it isn't bringing in enough new players to replace the old ones they aren't retaining.

Edited by Jamtas

April 2022 5,289.5

March 2022 6,308.6

April 2021 4,940.0

March 2021 5,468.1

It would be expected that there would be a rise and then a drop at the release of a new expansion. The year-to-year levels are more important from a financial aspect. It's not a massive gain, but it's not 'ruined' either. 😂😇

(Plus, of course, these are only the Steam numbers)

Edited by JediQuaker

It would be expected that there would be a rise and then a drop at the release of a new expansion. The year-to-year levels are more important from a financial aspect.

of course it would be expected to see a boost and drop after an update.

and keeping an eye on year to year was why I laid out the data as far back as was available.

It's not a massive gain, but it's not 'ruined' either.😂😇

It's not a massive gain at all. It's a loss. Not a massive loss, but a loss 😂😇

I never said ruined either. I distinctly said it was NOT in maintenance mode, but not bringing in enough players to replace the ones who were leaving. If you remove the spike for February for the patch, the average daily players is down for 2022 - hence needing to watch the remainder of 2022 to verify that trend. But seeing the numbers down from previous year so soon after a new "expansion" is concerning. I do expect another spike when 7.1 finally does drop as there will be some coming back to try out the new operation and daily area (myself included)

Expansions will always bring a spike of new/returning players. But the mark of a healthy/good game is that you keep more of those than you had before. And dropping to numbers at or below pre-expansion is a bad sign.

(Plus, of course, these are only the Steam numbers)

Of course these are just steam stats- which i pointed out that these were in fact steam stats. Bioware stopped providing stats after the massive loss of players in year 1. So I used the only transparent stats available, and mentioned that the stats were from steam - which I provided in entirety and linked to where to go get them. I didn't go anecdotal route and tell about all the people I've observed leaving my guild(s), raiding groups disbanding to go elsewhere - b/c that can't be quantified outside of gut feelings.

Edited by Jamtas

• 2 weeks later...