Swtor ruined for good

EhiLightingrider

THEY SAY THAT ALL POSTS ARE READ TO HELP IMPROVE THE GAME LETS SEE IF THEY DO FOR REAL .STAR WARS THE OLD REPUBLIC SUCKS NOW EVER SINCE 4.0 WAS LAUNCHED

1 companions are stuck at the level they are given it takes the fun out of buying them upgrades and keep them onpar with my charater. Also i play solo due to my time zone i am hours behind the rest of players so it is difficult to find help i used to use my companion as my help but now my companion is useless.

2 the crafting is totally jacked up i worked my tail off to get my cybertech crafter able to craft things for him as he leveled and now he does not make half the things that were usefull

3 . I hate the fact i am nerfed down to level 10 for instance if i go to tython i did not work to get to level 65 only to be made a lower level if i go to a planet with lower level npcs than my current level

.... I have paid for my subscription since launch and paid for cartel coins to buy armor for myself and my companions it was fun to be able to change their outfits but i will not spend any money on this good for nothing game waiting 1 month for a mission that i finish in a hour and its over you would not like it if i told you that you won a brand new boat and i leave you with a empty hull and every month i give you one part and you install it by the time you are done the hull will have suffered damage from sittng .....i put up with sony onlines stupid mistakes in star wars galaxies first combat upgrade then the new game experence boath changes sucked and only caused players to leave and you are doing the exact same thing makeing foolish mistakes like sony and if you dont learn from their history the same thing will happen to this game it will die a slow death ....i prefer watching forigen tv series and read subtitles and spend 3 days to watch 25 episodes than play this game the way it is . Please learn from history and dont make the mistakes sony did i will keep my account free player once my subscription ends and i may dig out my star wars galaxies discs and go play it on the emu servers at least it would be better then playing this game

Edited by EhiLightingrider

I couldn't make it past the first sentence but it appears that he is somehow dissatisfied with his game experience and has chosen to express this dissatisfaction by angrily pressing the buttons on his keyboard to vomit forth a giant wall of text that nobody can stand to read.

THEY SAY THAT ALL POSTS ARE READ TO HELP IMPROVE THE GAME LETS SEE IF THEY DO FOR REAL .STAR WARS THE OLD REPUBLIC SUCKS NOW EVER SINCE 4.0 WAS LAUNCHED

1 companions are stuck at the level they are given it takes the fun out of buying them upgrades and keep them onpar with my charater. Also i play solo due to my time zone i am hours behind the rest of players so it is difficult to find help i used to use my companion as my help but now my companion is useless.

2 the crafting is totally jacked up i worked my tail off to get my cybertech crafter able to craft things for him as he leveled and now he does not make half the things that were usefull

3 . I hate the fact i am nerfed down to level 10 for instance if i go to tython i did not work to get to level 65 only to be made a lower level if i go to a planet with lower level npcs than my current level

.... I have paid for my subscription since launch and paid for cartel coins to buy armor for myself and my companions it was fun to be able to change their outfits but i will not spend any money on this good for nothing game waiting 1 month for a mission that i finish in a hour and its over you would not like it if i told you that you won a brand new boat and i leave you with a empty hull and every month i give you one part and you install it by the time you are done the hull will have suffered damage from sittng .....i put up with sony onlines stupid mistakes in star wars galaxies first combat upgrade then the new game experence boath changes sucked and only caused players to leave and you are doing the exact same thing makeing foolish mistakes like sony and if you dont learn from their history the same thing will happen to this game it will die a slow death ....i prefer watching forigen tv series and read subtitles and spend 3 days to watch 25 episodes than play this game the way it is . Please learn from history and dont make the mistakes sony did i will keep my account free player once my subscription ends and i may dig out my star wars galaxies discs and go play it on the emu servers at least it would be better then playing this game

Learn to use proper English and punctuation. Use paragraphs, they are your friends. Learn how to play, you are obviously a terrible player. One more thing...

Can I have your stuff?

Can someone translate this for me? I started reading but my eyes are bleeding already

1. He doesn't like that companions are fixed level and that level is really weak.

2. Something is up with Cybertech crafting - he doesn't like the changes. (My main is Armstech, so I can't really comment on Cybertech.)

3. He doesn't like level sync. I think it's just about the loss of "prestige" (the prestige that comes from being level 65) because he isn't saying he can't kill stuff.

The rest:

He waves around "I played since launch and it was fun spending CCs (even cash-bought ones) on CM armour to dress up his character(s) and companions" and then says that he's not doing that any more.

He makes a link between the KotFE changes and SWG CU and NGE.

He insults all people who enjoy watching foreign TV series with subtitles and the original voices (I do this for Japanese anime series and e.g. Kurosawa's work) by implying that such an activity, bad as it is, is less bad than playing SWTOR.

He finishes by saying he'll keep his account in f2p (preferred, yeah, I know) and he might play SWG on one of the emulators.

I hear the sound of the World's Smallest Violin playing its sad song all for him.

My eyes bleed after that but I think I got the jist so:-

1) there is nothing wrong with companions in the game, infact too many people consider that they are too OP now, if you find they are not doing enough give them some gifts, their power is tied to your influence with them, it costs 91,200 credits on rank 1 gifts to go from rank 0-20 and then anything over rank 30 and you are good to go for pretty much all that the game throws at you.

2) Crafting changes - deal with it, in fact crafting is probably better balanced overall due to the changes they implemented in 4.0

3) level sync (again) - sigh, level sync is no-where near as bad as people make it out to be, yes there are stats that get squashed down (namely mastery and endurance) but you keep access to all your level 65 abilities so you still stomp all over anything you come across on Tython it may take more than 1 hit but you are still super powerful.

I can't figure out the rest.

Caps lock FTW? Not hardly. Just makes it seem like you have a juvenile need to be seen/heard. Also, sentences are your friends when posting. If you want to make an intelligent post, then you should post intelligently, and not rant and rave like a 5 year old.

In regards to your complaints:

1. Companions are not stuck at the level they are given. They are, and have always been, the same level as your character.

2. I can agree. Cybertechs got shafted pretty hard. But it's not the end of the world. If you've been around since launch, then IMHO you should have most crew skills anyway. My cybertechs are semi-useless, but my other crafters gained what the cybers lost.

3. You are not nerfed down on lower level planets. You are scaled. Your primary stats are scaled. You're still higher level than the mobs. You have "god-like" abilities compared to a level 10. If you can't handle it, then you're doing it wrong.

Wall of text disregarded. Again, sentences are your friends. Paragraphs are your friends. Spellcheck is your friend.

If you want people to listen to you or read what you write make it easily legible with valid points and refrain from using caps lock otherwise it just makes people think you're a troll.

Sentences can be your friends, too. :p

I may not use perfect sentences I am a war veteran that has brain damage with ptsd on top of it I do not have the ability to remember how to properly write sentences and paragraphs I've gone to many site to learn it over but I cant retain it. so go on all you make fun I am like this so you all are free to disagree with me. as for caps I used them being I was ticked off I tried to keep my complaint to bioware but they blew me off and told me come here I conduct my complaints in private not public I do remember my leadership training and you don't dress down your subordinates in public but they forced me to put my grievance's here so UFA KEFE............ SUSU POKI Edited by EhiLightingrider

Can someone translate this for me? I started reading but my eyes are bleeding already

I will try help translate it for you

"I am upset because BW doesn't personally keep me notified via a letter sent through the post, to keep me updated on any and all possible changes or additions to the game, this is not right, I pay you money, therefore you are my employee and I demand you do as I say because I am special. I want you to revert all companion , crafting and planet wide changes introduced to the game prior to patch 1.01 or I will become a very angry boss and refuse to pay your wages for that month. I might also take to social media to let them know of my anger, however I only have one follower on my MySpace account, some guy called Tom. I never got Facebook or Twitter, people trying to talk to me like an equal when I am clearly superior to everyone."

Hope that helps, I didn't put gaps in for sentences to keep it in line with the non translated version

Also putting this in the suggestion box, seriously ??

1) Companions are somewhat overpowered, yes I agree tweaking them was fun but on balance I prefer the changes to be able to set them to heal/damage or tank as I like. I don't know how you could view them as underpowered now, perhaps with no influence?

3) Your level is nerfed but you are still overpowered for the zone if you enter massively above the gear/level requirements. - They did this because the amount of exp you get now is way too much for some players, they even turned off exploration quests by default. I don't want to be any more overpowered as I am going through my storyline. (Please read this as storyline not just classline)

I personally want the option of a hard mode, that either nerfs me even more or increases the storyline difficulty. I think the first would be easier to do, as it just requires tweaks to me rather than the story.

Edited by Taareth

I will try help translate it for you

"I am upset because BW doesn't personally keep me notified via a letter sent through the post, to keep me updated on any and all possible changes or additions to the game, this is not right, I pay you money, therefore you are my employee and I demand you do as I say because I am special. I want you to revert all companion , crafting and planet wide changes introduced to the game prior to patch 1.01 or I will become a very angry boss and refuse to pay your wages for that month. I might also take to social media to let them know of my anger, however I only have one follower on my MySpace account, some guy called Tom. I never got Facebook or Twitter, people trying to talk to me like an equal when I am clearly superior to everyone."

Hope that helps, I didn't put gaps in for sentences to keep it in line with the non translated version

Also putting this in the suggestion box, seriously ??

no I am not their boss, but I pay for something I expect satisfaction. I owned my own outboard repair shop for many years after being discharged honorably from the marines and if a customer was not happy I did what was needed to give them customer service my work was warrantied and satisfaction guaranteed, I was that confident in myself and my work. like I said before i wanted to deal with my complaint in private and the reply i got was put my complaint here did i want to NO but i did because that is what customer service told me to do................. i tried my best to do the sentances thing to make everyone happy by tryng to copy the post above

Edited by EhiLightingrider

I already said I have been watching forgen tv shows it takes 3 days to get through 25 episodes, but its more entertaining then the game and when my subscription ends they wont get another dime from me the game is dying

So you hate the game, watch tv instead, think it's dying, refuse to subscribe ever again,

Yet you are keeping an eye on their official forum just to ensure you get some attention??

Reminds me of something on Facebook years ago "I have hit unlike and unfriend but I will be keeping an eye on the posts and replying because I have to tell everyone else who's enjoying it they are wrong "

no I am not their boss, but I pay for something I expect satisfaction. I owned my own outboard repair shop for many years after being discharged honorably from the marines and if a customer was not happy I did what was needed to give them customer service my work was warrantied and satisfaction guaranteed, I was that confident in myself and my work. like I said before i wanted to deal with my complaint in private and the reply i got was put my complaint here did i want to NO but i did because that is what customer service told me to do................. i tried my best to do the sentances thing to make everyone happy by tryng to copy the post above

As a vet, I can understand your problems. I've seen some pretty awful things myself between military service and law enforcement. But if you can't communicate properly, then you need to find someone who can communicate for you. There's no shame in that. If you've read the forums, you know full well that a lot of people here are not sympathetic to complaints that come off like yours did.

As stated: If you're not satisfied, then don't pay.

Also, you can't compare an online game to your repair shop. Your repair shop was most likely your livelihood and depended on 100% customer satisfaction to be successful. MMO's cannot guarantee 100% customer satisfaction. There is no way they can satisfy that large of a consumer base. They probably aim for 60-70% overall customer satisfaction. And even that may be aiming high.

I'm sure, somewhere, there's a statement that says that your online experience may differ from what's advertised (nearly every game I've played has had that disclaimer in some form or another). I'm just not going to bother taking the time to look for it.

As a vet, I can understand your problems. I've seen some pretty awful things myself between military service and law enforcement. But if you can't communicate properly, then you need to find someone who can communicate for you. There's no shame in that. If you've read the forums, you know full well that a lot of people here are not sympathetic to complaints that come off like yours did.

As stated: If you're not satisfied, then don't pay.

Also, you can't compare an online game to your repair shop. Your repair shop was most likely your livelihood and depended on 100% customer satisfaction to be successful. MMO's cannot guarantee 100% customer satisfaction. There is no way they can satisfy that large of a consumer base. They probably aim for 60-70% overall customer satisfaction. And even that may be aiming high.

i jus wanted to thank you for being nice. I understand things better your post explained things the best to me and how MMOS operate. the post I made was my first on any forum I normally find the information I need and be on my way I don't enjoy forums I am content alone away from other people . but when I tried to complain in private they sent me here and all I seen was people mocking me none explained things like you did. I followed the post just to see if customer service even had a reply since I was sent here t post my complaint but I see they are counting on income from other players so what if they loose one or two here and there. so I have a choice play or not they don't care either way so ill just go around the forum collecting a week of free subscription here and there and not pay and play for free at least I can stick it back to them.