Auto Loggin?

CKNORTH

Remove all security from your account? Sounds like a winning idea. Kinda like how sometimes I wonder why they have a signature strip or a PIN code on credit cards - my time is too precious to waste a couple of seconds proving it's me that's using my card and not some member of the Nigerian Royal family.

Remove all security from your account? Sounds like a winning idea. Kinda like how sometimes I wonder why they have a signature strip or a PIN code on credit cards - my time is too precious to waste a couple of seconds proving it's me that's using my card and not some member of the Nigerian Royal family.

Heh, I think you missed what I was saying, the login would only work like that for a registered machine, so Nigerian Royal family would have to break in and steal your PC... But it could also work if you have to reboot your machine. But if you are active daily and nothing resets, a Auto login and registered PC option would be nice, if not a tad more secure, with the machine is bound to the account. :)

Then come all the "my brother deleted all my characters because logging myself out is too much trouble" tickets.

No, your idea is a bad one.

If you don't want to log in, don't shutdown the client and you'll only have to be bothered with a password if you crash or on patch days.

Then come all the "my brother deleted all my characters because logging myself out is too much trouble" tickets.

No, your idea is a bad one.

If you don't want to log in, don't shutdown the client and you'll only have to be bothered with a password if you crash or on patch days.

Fair enough, but not everyone who plays is a kid, and I didn't say that auto logIn Would be a mandatory type of login... :rolleyes:

Fair enough, but not everyone who plays is a kid, and I didn't say that auto logIn Would be a mandatory type of login... :rolleyes:

You don't have to be a kid to accidentally or intentionally delete a character or more on what would basically become unsecured and unrestricted access to content on your computer, I mean you may as well just give your username and password to anyone who is irritated with you enough to do it. Its happened before and not only that ...

You also didn't actually suggest that your idea be "optional" :rolleyes: so clarity in the first instance is a good thing

Is it such a problem to enter you password when you want to play? It really is no big deal for the sake of security right?

• 6 years later...
Would be nice that once the password and key code is typed in once, that would be all you need for the same system until manually logged out? Would this be possible? Thanks! :)

Way old, but I like your idea. I have no kids, my wife doesn't play... no one is breaking into my house to access my swtor account. Obviously it could be an option, for those that dont like it dont need to do it...

Way old, but I like your idea. I have no kids, my wife doesn't play... no one is breaking into my house to access my swtor account. Obviously it could be an option, for those that dont like it dont need to do it...

It would *have* to be an option, because some people *do* have malicious siblings or drunken roommates.

If so, why do you (if you do) bother with a 'key code'? Just use a password without bothering with the code app. (Yeah, I know 100 CC, 🙄 )