Czerka Crate-O-Matic since level appropriate drops

Drake_Averrod

I was wondering weither someone knows/has an idea if the Czerka Crate-O-Matic still drops now that all mobs have "level appropriate" loot.

While it is not the most useful item, I most certainly wouldn't mind getting that drop some day (and the achievement). It would be a shame if it would be no longer aquireable from drops.

So has anyone heard/had any drops per chance or are we out of luck in ever getting this one again?

Nearly all NPCs killed in open areas now drop items appropriate to the player’s natural level. [/Quote]

This is from the 4.1 patch notes. While this doesn't necessarily exclude the possibility from still getting the drop, my experience with changes in the game make me fear that it does.

As an example: One youtube guide mentions farming certain mobs on Black Hole to get the Crate. Said mobs (while still being farmed by a bot) were all dropping 200 rated gear for my level 65.

Oh well, I never really had the stamina to farm those anyway and I had great fun interfering with the bots farming pattern the otter day :/ . Still would be a shame if an oversight on a change like this would make this item unobtainable (outside of gtn)

• 7 months later...
I'm attempting to farm the Crate using the aforementioned Black Hole method with my level 65 toon. Does anyone have any new information as to whether that is still a valid method?

Yes, you can still loot it, but you won't loot it at 65. You need to be in the same level range as the npc's in the black hole. Otherwise, all your loot is gated because of level sync.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for digging out the old thread, but since some time has passed: can anyone confirm drops as of late? And what a means of farming could be? I am playing since launch, got the kill-achievement in Black Hole, got all kill achievements on the planets, been sending my companions on treasure hunting lockbox missions for ages etc. pp. -> never seen one drop.

Any hints?