Stop making Artificer's the underdogs

Darkwords

OK, most new crew skill addons were great but as usual, artificers got the royal screw job and this time on their relic making. All other new main crew skills are NOT BOP. I made a 212 relic to send to my alt and find it says bound....what is up with that????

A fix needs to come fast please :mad:

Patience young padawan.

The BoP relics are probably bugged (not officially stated as bugged), and will probably be fixed this coming or the next Tuesday.

Artificers still have color crystals, and dyes and hilts. to craft for sale and profit. And still up there as #1 or #2.

Of all my crafters, artifice was the ONLY one that just kept on truckin' because it is not dependent on top end materials and schematics.

New dyes and color crystals are nothing spectacular. The relics are useful. They fixed the other crew skill stuff and left the relic bug.

I'm not talking about the new stuff :p the "old" stuff is still easy to make an sells well...even better now due to supply being lower :)

Patience young padawan.

The BoP relics are probably bugged (not officially stated as bugged), and will probably be fixed this coming or the next Tuesday.

Artificers still have color crystals, and dyes and hilts. to craft for sale and profit. And still up there as #1 or #2.

Of all my crafters, artifice was the ONLY one that just kept on truckin' because it is not dependent on top end materials and schematics.

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

New dyes and color crystals are nothing spectacular. The relics are useful. They fixed the other crew skill stuff and left the relic bug.

OK, so it's a known bug, but that's still concerning. Any decent crafter can make a list of all the things that need to be done in the care and feeding of their craft skills, why can't the people who invented the game do the same?

Relics have been spit on (p=h in this case) for a long time. "Use" relics should be renamed Useless, for example. You would think they were luxuries but they are necessary gear.

Yes. Those of us who like to be well geared and enjoy crafting are a bit salty these days.

Edited by AnisaBadgett

OK, so it's a known bug, but that's still concerning. Any decent crafter can make a list of all the things that need to be done in the care and feeding of their craft skills, why can't the people who invented the game do the same?

Because there are literally hundreds of schematics out there and no one can be expected to know every detail about every schematic. We as players generally cherry pick what we want to craft and then "document" what need for that minuscule segment (i.e. I am a dedicated crafter, with all six crafting skills, but I only craft about 40 items with regularity and another 20 or so infrequently, yet I have most of the available schematics).

I do QA/QC as part of my job, and part of the process is to take a "random sampling" to inspect, but that sample is usually infinitesimally small compared to the overall set (e.g. 12 out of 10,000) So occasionally bad data gets through.

That being said, that developers should know that certain schematics are going to be desirable and pay extra attention to those schematics.

Not crazy about the bop 212 relics either, hope they get fixed, but I have another question. Perhaps I am blind but where exactly are those 208 relics? I thought you could train the schematic, but evidently not. All I saw were the 212 ones. Are they still from Ops RE or what am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

Not crazy about the bop 212 relics either, hope they get fixed, but I have another question. Perhaps I am blind but where exactly are those 208 relics? I thought you could train the schematic, but evidently not. All I saw were the 212 ones. Are they still from Ops RE or what am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

They are called "Singing Stone" relics and they should be at the trainer.

Thanks in advance.

The trainer teaches "Artusian" relics that are item rating 200, and those can be reverse-engineered to yield rating 208 "Singing Stone" relics.