368 packs opened ZERO sabers. Working as intended!

Gothreg

You need to look at your drop rates. You seriously need to review your internal data and make changes as needed.

Unless your goal was to piss a lot of customers off or to screw up the game economy, then mission accomplished! :D

Makes little difference to me at this point if you listen, I have made up my mind and CM is now not a reasonable option. I will buy 'select' items off the GTN of the mood strikes but I do not wish to support the current CM model.

4 packs. Got one. Sold it on the GTN for 45 Million.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you only briefly glanced at the first 2 pages of the forums, then you would have seen tons of people complaining about the new cartel packs in their current state. Why not just wait for Bioware to fix this next month instead of throwing away a portion of your tax return on something you knew was broken? At most, you've added to the already known issue with the packs. Well, all I can say is thank you for paying your taxes last year! I'm sure Bioware is even more grateful!

What I am disappointed about, as far as Bioware is concerned, is that they have literally posted nothing since Friday. There have been 2 major problems over the weekend through Monday and they didn't speak to them at all. One of those problems was with the forums and logging people out every time they changed pages. That wasn't annoying or anything... I don't understand how they can go entire days, sometimes up to a week, without saying a single thing on the forums. The lack of communication by the devs and community team leads to mass hysteria on the forums by the players. So much of the "omg fire!" posts on the forums could be quelled by a single post from a dev or community team member. The devs/community team almost always post after the mob mentality has kicked into full gear, instead of before it even starts. I don't know, I just remember back in the day when Daniel Erickson used to hop on the forums to call players idiots when they were acting like idiots. That was nice, too bad he's gone now.

I was well aware of the chance cubes going in, and I even made a post myself asking people about the drop rate for decorations. However, I bought the packs with the willful intent of selling them, because I find an easy way to get credits is to buy packs and sell the pieces I don't want. I have a job, I pay my bills, and as you pointed out, yes, I pay my taxes. With that in mind, I hold no delusions to a refund, but simply put, as a paying customer, I am suitably also within my right to say that I dislike a change, and having experienced it first hand, added anecdotal evidence. I do hope they change the packs, as I am unsure of my future spending with the company at this rate.

Yeah imo they should've had chance cubes as the random loot after obtaining 2 new items like how the revan champ set was a random extra drop like 1% chance to get or something, but make it so the chance cubes are a better odd like 10% instead.

Rather than people getting on their soap boxes stating "this is how it should be" why aren't people wondering why is this how it is?

Why are they creating ( or wanting to create ) less dress up gear per pack now? One school of thought is "maximise profit for less work" and sure that's a possibility but once the items are designed they have 0 need upkeep to make more of them etc. That being the case one would assume if the team designing this content is the same as it was pre 4.0 then there is no need for them to create less content ... it would always piss people off and why risk that? Maknig less is never going to equal more sales.

What's another option? Maybe this team just isn't as big as it was ... maybe they no longer have the resources to make as many new items as they once did in the time frame required between packs?

That being the case then they are left with a dilemma ... we can only get X amount of items made now where as before we could make Y so how do we still keep the packs of value?

This current pack seems to be the solution ...

I mean they could do what you want but imagine how much more rage there would be when there is still the same pool of items there is now but instead of getting cubes you get even more "silver" items that are effectively worth as much as old bronze items. They would be even more worthless and instead of getting 50-60 different items per crates ( regardless of if you have it or not ) you now get 20 if you're lucky and the rest are all dupes ... which would you really prefer?

The solution people keep relying on requires Bioware to go back to making more new items per packs but there will be a reason they've stopped doing this and I'm fairly certain it's not going to be just because they didn't feel like it.

Well, on T3M4 those new sabers are around 60-70 Million credits. :(

Golden times for Goldsellers. Way to ruin the game.

Ruin the game? You guys want it so bad that many people here claim to have spent $200+ to get it. Everything from birthday money to tax returns have been invested in this quest. It was BRILLIANT of Bioware...and you folk are eating it up.

Now PvP balance...THAT ruins the game imo.

Well, on T3M4 those new sabers are around 60-70 Million credits. :(

Golden times for Goldsellers. Way to ruin the game.

Why?

So far you have to spend a lot more credits than the saber is worth to get a saber unless you're super lucky ...

How does that benefit gold sellers?

Why?

So far you have to spend a lot more credits than the saber is worth to get a saber unless you're super lucky ...

How does that benefit gold sellers?

Cause the gold sellers are the ones that sell the hypercrates in large quantities, have you noticed the same weird names that list 30 hypercrates every week on Harb / Shadowlands?

Edited by Theeko

Cause the gold sellers are the ones that sell the hypercrates in large quantities, have you noticed the same weird names that list 30 hypercrates every week on Harb / Shadowlands?

Well that's a little biased, don't you think? What makes you think "fwbifffbu" isn't a real name?

I'd wait a week or so for the prices to come down a bit. GTN sales are completely player-driven, so it's on the players in that regard.

Only the dualsaber price is going down, because the single saber drop rate is just too rare. That said, I got extremely lucky and got a single saber from a crate. I kept that one to wield, and then bought a dualsaber for Xalek. It's kinda funny how some players get really upset about that.

When over 50% of the New Pack is OLD Content you do not need to be a mathematician to figure out it isn't a good investment.

Lots of people WANT old content, as it's the only way to get a lot of the discontinued items like white crystals, revan sets, etc. That's why the chance cubes sell.

Edited by Caelrie

But if they are selling hypercrates they had to spend real money to get them so how does that then make them more money than the money they used to buy the crates to begin with?

I know there have been implications of criminal organisations doing this as a form of money laundering and nothing would surprise me however there is nothing proven to demonstrate this ( and that BW don't take preventative measures ).

Generally when I read "gold sellers" I assume people trying to make a monetary profit out of credits in the game and spending more money than you get back doesn't accomplish this.

Only the dualsaber price is going down, because the single saber drop rate is just too rare. That said, I got extremely lucky and got a single saber from a crate. I kept that one to wield, and then bought a dualsaber for Xalek. It's kinda funny how some players get really upset about that.

You'll find they share the same rate I'm fairly sure. I have yet to get a dual saber and got a single saber from 10 or so crates.

Reason the prices drops is because dual sabers are less popular than single sabers due to supply and demand ( classes that use them and their popularity ).

That and single just looks cooler imo. :D

Lots of people WANT old content, as it's the only way to get a lot of the discontinued items like white crystals, revan sets, etc. That's why the chance cubes sell.

Exactly though it will hit a point where no one will want old items as everyone has all they want.

This is a main reason why I don't see BW putting this cube as we see it now in the next pack - not sure what they'll do if they've lost resources for more item development ( a possible reason for the drop off in new items per pack ).

But if they are selling hypercrates they had to spend real money to get them so how does that then make them more money than the money they used to buy the crates to begin with?

I know there have been implications of criminal organisations doing this as a form of money laundering and nothing would surprise me however there is nothing proven to demonstrate this ( and that BW don't take preventative measures ).

Generally when I read "gold sellers" I assume people trying to make a monetary profit out of credits in the game and spending more money than you get back doesn't accomplish this.

They just use the cc info from people buying credits from there website

Yes it is working as intended. Just like the drop rate of every other item in every other pack in the game. Yes there have been rare instances where a specific item that was supposed to be in a pack but wasn't. Those items were given away for next to nothing in the cartel bazaar. I doubt that's the case though. An easy solution is to sell the stuff that you got in those 368 packs that you bought and use the credits to buy the saber on the gtn.

I 'used to' collect packs... call me OCD. It has always been my guilty little pleasure but I would not have done so if I had faced the same drop rate we are seeing today.

As to why? well, the money is not a huge issue for me until it gets above $150 or so. This one went much higher because I wanted to test just how insane the drop rates were. I could have stopped at about 200-225 with a fairly complete collection, just missing the sabers (obviously) and two other items, one of the armor and a mount that did not drop.

although u have a gambling addiction that is crazy that it didn't drop

You are not guaranteed a lightsaber, even if you buy $2000 worth of packs. They are very obviously stated to be random. Each pack you open has a randomized chance of dropping something, the chances are not cumulative.

and none of you have any idea what the actual chance of a drop is. or if they have changed it at any time this week.

There's LOTS of old content I want.

I still won't be buying a gambling cube.

I'll gladly part with CC / cash for what I actually want.

But I'll not part with one single CC for a chance to get nothing I want.

Would you go to the grocery store, spend your weekly food allowance, and then allow the store to give a random selection of coupons, many of which will be for things you'll not use?

No, you wouldn't.

But that is EXACTLY what you are doing here - and that, for the benefit of Menace, is exactly why this IS GAMBLING.

All The Best

Working as intended? Dude, it is working MUCH better than EA even dared to hope, in their wildest of dreams.

OP, if you ever wonder why it is that our RNG lottery tickets actually comes with RNG lottery tickets inside them now, it is thanks to people like you.

" Should you throw your money at EA? Yes/No? This is in the ballot, and people vote with their wallets. and EA loves the poll results more and more.

" Omg this lottery has awesome main prize! Few hundred bux is lots of money. BUT! It will buy me lots of lottery tickets. Yet, if I spend that much, I bet I will prolly win!"

lol.

Everybody who spends few hundred dollars to something like this either has loads of disposable income or pretty legitimate issues with responsible use of their finances. If it is former, we are reaching state of Western decadence where it is getting difficult to stay away from some cheesy "Children in Africa... " -argument. Like think of everything you can buy in this world for few hundred bux. Is burning it all in hopes to win an imaginary vanity item in video game really the best option?

Edited by Stradlin