368 packs opened ZERO sabers. Working as intended!

Gothreg

I opened 2 hyper crates and got 2 Arbiter's Dualsabers so I kinda figured 1 hypercrate will drop at least 1 of the new sabers but I guess not? And I don't mean to brag with that, just genuinely figured those would be the odds.

On a side note.. owning this saber and questing with it has thus far made 4 different people /spit on me. :confused:

Edited by JennyFlynn

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My second pack got

8 part armour parts (got 1 full set the squadron one)

9 decorations (only 4 different ones)

6 crystals (did get a full set)

3 Weapons (2 different sorts both melee 2 single and one double and no was not the sort after lightsabers)

1 mount

2 pets/toys

AND 29 Cubes. (not opened yet will come back and post if anything really good out of them)

rest were what's in every pack gifts and jawa metal

Liked the mount.

Crystals were nice and seem sort after going by gen chat so have a power & expertise to sell or trade.

Dec's well not got the 4 so will keep 1 of each I got and put rest for guild bank

pets/toys had 1 already from my first pack so will sell one keep the other.

Guess that's it, did not get the companion but still was not going to pay 15mil+ of GTN for it even though I have the credits. Nice but not worth that much.

I agree with most here drop rate for cubes is way to high, I unlike most though do like them and am sure to get a few items I don't have but 29 out of a hypercrate is a very high drop rate.

Question for players who have had hypercrates

So far I have only had 1 mount in each of the hypercrates I've had. Has anyone had more than 1? Has anyone had more than 1 companion in any single hypercrate? How about the sort after lightsabers. See if it is random then at least a few players would of had.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

My second pack got

8 part armour parts (got 1 full set the squadron one)

9 decorations (only 4 different ones)

6 crystals (did get a full set)

3 Weapons (2 different sorts both melee 2 single and one double and no was not the sort after lightsabers)

1 mount

2 pets/toys

AND 29 Cubes. (not opened yet will come back and post if anything really good out of them)

rest were what's in every pack gifts and jawa metal

Liked the mount.

Crystals were nice and seem sort after going by gen chat so have a power & expertise to sell or trade.

Dec's well not got the 4 so will keep 1 of each I got and put rest for guild bank

pets/toys had 1 already from my first pack so will sell one keep the other.

Guess that's it, did not get the companion but still was not going to pay 15mil+ of GTN for it even though I have the credits. Nice but not worth that much.

I agree with most here drop rate for cubes is way to high, I unlike most though do like them and am sure to get a few items I don't have but 29 out of a hypercrate is a very high drop rate.

Question for players who have had hypercrates

So far I have only had 1 mount in each of the hypercrates I've had. Has anyone had more than 1? Has anyone had more than 1 companion in any single hypercrate? How about the sort after lightsabers. See if it is random then at least a few players would of had.

I've done 5 hypercrates now, got a mount in one ( koenasyr or whatever ) a spa in another, a war bot in another. Quite a few gold armours but yeah the items you mention no more than 1.

Now here comes the rub ...

I got the damn lightsaber from a cube just now ... 5 crates and not 1 lightsaber and I got it from the cube ... I hate to think how insane the odds of that are considering how hard it is to get from the packs. Kind of fate I guess for my defense of these packs and I was even thinking wouldn't it be funny if this exact thing occurred beforeo pening these 2 new crates ( all but 1 crate bought off GTN too ).

http://imgur.com/Nhvdw4d

Crazy stuff ... for the most part these cubes have been great. Seems gold/silver drops low enoug to not totally devalue the market as it has bronze items and even the bronze items are as sellable as the usual crap you get if not better.

Watching how far prices have dropped though ... wow people are buying a ton of these heh.

Now to sell the saber and buy the staff since I really guess I need the staff for my sin and not a single saber even though it does look cooler.

It definitely seems like the drop rate on the new sabers, along with the cybernetic rancor, is nearly non-existent. I bought a few hypercrates and I'm not buying anymore. I've never had great luck with random chance (except for one time in my life when WoW released the broken hilt and I got three of them), so I'm not going to waste any more money on something I know I won't get. It's just sad when you buy a pack of five crates and get six cubes. I think I had more chance cubes than I had full crates thanks to having multiples per batch. Edited by KLGChaos

You need to look at your drop rates. You seriously need to review your internal data and make changes as needed.

Unless your goal was to piss a lot of customers off or to screw up the game economy, then mission accomplished! :D

Makes little difference to me at this point if you listen, I have made up my mind and CM is now not a reasonable option. I will buy 'select' items off the GTN of the mood strikes but I do not wish to support the current CM model.

$480??

Please go outside.....for the love of God...

Or push the game into maintenance mode for real this time ... careful what you wish for.

If scamming and taking advantage of their players is the only way this game can survive, then maybe it's time to just let it go.

(And yes, advertising an item as a gold and then making the drop way less than other gold items is the very definition of a scam).

Edited by ZanyaCross

The majority of the money made by this game is not from subs it is from the people that have cartel shop gambling habits. They know those people will throw insane amount real cash at that stuff just to get the stuff. They also know if they drop the rates and the amount of stuff the packs drop. Those same people will still throw that same insane amount cash at it.

It is exact why they been doing what they been doing to packs as of late. those sabers are being listed for 20-99m on my server. I highly doubt anyone sane would pay that for them. and anyone that does is just help said severs economy go down the toliet

I highly doubt anyone sane would pay that for them. and anyone that does is just help said severs economy go down the toliet

There are more people than you think who have that kind of money. I saw an unstable saber on the GTN for 15 million, and after rubbing my eyes to make sure it was real, I snapped it up. I sold it an hour later for 40 million.

to be honest it would be way beter if the devs puted this saber as a singel piece to buy fro CC then put it in to a pack, this means they are sooo greede, and don't give a **** about the coustumers. Like always. I have spent on my second account 120k CC for that saber, and got nothing. ***** Please Bioware.

If scamming and taking advantage of their players is the only way this game can survive, then maybe it's time to just let it go.

(And yes, advertising an item as a gold and then making the drop way less than other gold items is the very definition of a scam).

I agree with you, you know what after all what's going on here i WISH THE SAME TOO.

to be honest it would be way beter if the devs puted this saber as a singel piece to buy fro CC then put it in to a pack, this means they are sooo greede, and don't give a **** about the coustumers. Like always. I have spent on my second account 120k CC for that saber, and got nothing. ***** Please Bioware.
^^^AGREE^^^ I think they would make a killing but like you stated they wont go near that because its makes too much since, I would have personally bought it for 2000cc without looking twice but they knew they would scam us for over 10k in cc so why change...

This is a messed up business practice that BW is doing and there fore wont buy another thing till they change this so yeah like majority of you out there I'm done buying anything off their scam market its all nothing but false advertising :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Scamming lol ... ok :rolleyes:
And yes it is a scam its called false advertising when you open 30 packs and you get only 2 "NEW" pets that's it 2 new pets nothing else but junk or crap from older packs:confused: is false advertising :rolleyes: Geez.. Edited by Legolose

I'm just going to throw out there that the Grand Chance Cubes are selling for about 300k each on the GTN. With that many Packs just getting 50% Cubes (and some people are reporting rates well north of 60%) could land you over 52 million credits. Edited by DarthDymond

I'm just going to throw out there that the Grand Chance Cubes are selling for about 300k each on the GTN. With that many Packs just getting 50% Cubes (and some people are reporting rates well north of 60%) could land you over 52 million credits.

For who? and witch server are you playing on? cos in EU red eclipse is have a very low rates, to get even a usefull stuff to sell on GTN not even the Light saber lol :D

For who? and witch server are you playing on? cos in EU red eclipse is have a very low rates, to get even a usefull stuff to sell on GTN not even the Light saber lol :D

Referring to OP's number of Packs, and the GTN price was what I saw repeatedly over the weekend on Harb and at least once on Pot5.