Maintenance: 9 February 2016

TaitWatson

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

The team has isolated the issue, which was an unfinished Alliance Alert Mission was available. This Mission could potentially cause serious issues with a character. We are working on a solution, but have no ETA available at this time.

We apologize for the extended downtime. I will continue to pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

You are idiots bioware, 9 hours maintance, my subscription will be cancelled

Guys get off of their backs, Yes they messed up again but these things happen and we have to deal with it. Moaning about getting compensation isn't going to change anything and its not going to fix the issue any faster. No one asked you to take a day off work for the early access and considering it was supposed to be complete by the time workers finish you may aswell have gone to work and played it later on.

This is ridiculous BioWare... What exactly am I paying for with my subscription? I would like an actual, real answer to this.

You're paying for 500 cartel coins, greater level of customization, unlimited flashpoints/warzones, broader species selection in character customization, a medical probe that revives you at location, an unlimited bank account with in-game currency. Um.. what else am I missing guys?

your american ... your always blaming someone or something. You have a right to your opinion ... don t mean your correct,,,,, # blamestate #cheeseburgars

that's not a trait specific to any country gender or creed, all that comment reveals is your opinion of your own supposed self importance

.... Plus, going out to a ball game is a different scenario. With a ball game, you may only have that one day to see the game.....

Indeed, and today was that one day Bioware scheduled for this game.....unless you're saying you'd be fine being turned away, ticket in hand, for that hypothetical ball game.

Hey folks,

The team has isolated the issue, which was an unfinished Alliance Alert Mission was available. This Mission could potentially cause serious issues with a character. We are working on a solution, but have no ETA available at this time.

We apologize for the extended downtime. I will continue to pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

Thank you for letting us all know! But do you guys have a positive time when it will come back up?

This is the first post I've ever made in this forum after a couple of years of playing, so if I don't follow forum etiquette.

Key points to consider for European Players (Note I'm in Europe):

The game is based in the US,

The patch is being completed in US time as this is when they work,

You will likely have experienced many patches and you are aware that they take time.

Arguing for compensation in a game where you are owed literally nothing by the understanding of the EULA and ToS is a folly that needs to be nipped in the bud here and now, believe me you are not motivating their staff by moaning and demanding compensation.

Having said this, is it frustrating that an Early Access day has been practically lost? Absolutely, but we're in Europe, let's face facts, we're on a game developed and run in the US and we are at the mercy of their working hours, now bear in mind that if Patches were to run to schedule we actually benefit. a 9-5 job in Europe by and large means you can come home, patch the game and then start to play. The only time there is an issue is when the patch is not completed on time, frustrating but unavoidable.

Be patient, you're paying your money for a reason, if you feel you are not getting value for this money then stop paying it.

As for those that are complaining they took a day off work so that they could play early access when at the end of a normal work day the patch has usually just been completed is ludicrous, if anything you should be taking the day off after the patch if you are that desperate for the game time.

Sorry for the long post.

May the Force be with you all.

They offer EU servers located in the EU, run on EU time. The can be patched separately to the US time frame without a problem. They are separate servers, they can patch one server at a time if they want (the reason it's not always all servers up or all servers down...........).

We have lost 1 day of the early access that we pay for, making it a 50% loss.

Give me one other reason to subscribe. Early access is the only thing that can't be bought with cartel coins.

As for taking the day off work, get you *********** priorities straight people. It's a *********** game!