Maintenance: 9 February 2016

TaitWatson

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Sigh*

I haven't played in a couple of months but I remain a subscriber (guess I'm too lazy to cancel in the event of an unforeseen hiatus). Didn't even know today was of any significance with regards to early access, I'm just bummed now because I really wanted to play >.<

Well, just being realistic here...

2 day early access is now, literally, a 1 day early access for european people, our day is pretty much ended (10:15pm here) and regular people (not me, though^^) will go to bed soon. So, I have every understanding for anyone who is actually complaining about it, they have every right to do so.

On the other hand, of course...for us people who play MMOs the last like...15 years, its not a surprise of course. Dumb cliches á la "don't play on patch day" are concepts we are used to. No company running an MMO was ever able to just provide patches without messing everything up 90% of the time.

I still don't understand why it has to be this way, and I am pretty sure that this is one of the big issues with the whole genre and why its declining. Other games/genres are doin just fine with that *shrug*

Anyway, I will probably be waiting and play half the night through, despite having to work tomorrow. Always been like that, won't change...I am too old to change I guess^^

Please guys, get the game back running and compensate for all the people who feel bad in any way now. Even those who are just here to rage and flame about it: They are "here", literally, they care, they are the people who keep your game running, "our" game running, and I'd want to keep it that way. So please, make them, and all of us, a little bit happy, alright?

Thx^^

Hey folks,

The team has isolated the issue, which was an unfinished Alliance Alert Mission was available. This Mission could potentially cause serious issues with a character. We are working on a solution, but have no ETA available at this time.

We apologize for the extended downtime. I will continue to pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

So what do we get for waiting all day for Bioware to fix the FAIL that everyone knew was coming. We have been waiting all day, because someone failed to complete their coding on the alliance companion quest. Why is that person even working there if they can't complete their task? So, we get ?nothing? for being mislead to believe that the servers would be online at 9 am PST. Once or twice is understandable, however several posters have stated that this type of failure (aka maintenance extension) is expected. That means the times posted a lie or at the very least shows a pattern of oversights and failure.

Edited by Sixyfourmech

Will the people that subbed get compensated? 9 Hours were put into this patch and a waste of peoples time.

You are funny. Compensation? what $0.50 or so? Who determines what it is? if you let players decide we all would be getting free mounts, cartel coins, tokens and a month sub time and more. What if you were one of the people that actually worked during the day and wasn't even playing anyways? Do they get compensated for working during the day? How does it get managed? Ever think of the ramifications? Paying out a small amount of money even in credits to a HUGE player base does not make sense from a business model. Only if it was something truly broken and affected the playing experience more than having people wait. Yes we have to wait. Read the agreements you signed when you agreed to play this game. Yes we are paying for the game but that doesn't give us carte blanche to demand anything we want.

Once they open the door for compensation it is impossible to close and sets the bar. Anytime a problem happens the greedy players will start whining "I want compensation because you gave it last time".. and for what? It will be something trivial most likely. Forums will get all crazy again with people demanding credits and such because the precedent was set. Lets not go down this path.

What about the f2p (free to play) people that can't even log onto the game and play without the non-patch content? Or the subs who are not eligible for the new content till later this week? Is the free to play people to get compensated as well? See my point? We are all in the same boat but you don't see free to play people whining on the forums about this.

Yes we have to wait. Deal with it.

A Møøse once bit my sister...

No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"...

(Sorry, I'm bored and I can't stop myself when I see a Monty Python quote.)

Edited by Yermog

Not so much if you'd scheduled a day off for this...

Don't take a day off, that is on you. No one forces you to do it. Also there was a post about missing a whole day on the EU server and the person stated a loss of 50% sub fee loss... Check you math bud, or is that new liberal math??? I do agree that all of this should have been tested prior to launch. But with the amount of griping I have seen about needing new content can you blame them for trying to get it to you ASAP?

Don't get me wrong, I love new DLC. I would rather see fixes in the engine and game mechanics before they get to much ahead of themselves. But most of you are right, a lot of the older players (founders and the like) are leaving for better games but even those are having their share of problems. I am not a founder but have played since the first year of release and drop my sub every once and a while due to some of the problems. All I know is no amount of complaining is going to solve the issues but it is fun to vent..

know what's great? i had the day off today and thought perfect i can play the new content hooray!

You took a fay off work to play a game that wasn't going to be up until 5PM GMT? and you say Bioware have issues.

He never said he took the day off, he HAD the day off. Read posts properly lol

So what do we get for waiting all day for Bioware to fix the FAIL that everyone knew was coming. We have been waiting all day, because someone failed to complete their coding on the alliance companion quest. Why is that person even working there if they can't complete their task? So, we get ?nothing? for being mislead to believe that the servers would be online at 9 am PST. Once or twice is understandable, however several posters have stated that this type of failure (aka maintenance extension) is expected. That make the times posted a lie or at least shows a pattern of oversights and failure.

I dont expect compensation, but what I find more troubling is a AAA development company, that doesn't bother with minimum quality control. To where something as obvious as making sure an alliance alert mission was completed.

Hey folks,

The team has isolated the issue, which was an unfinished Alliance Alert Mission was available. This Mission could potentially cause serious issues with a character. We are working on a solution, but have no ETA available at this time.

We apologize for the extended downtime. I will continue to pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

and btw pay another subscription for game u cant play

Hey folks,

-eric

This is ridiculous. We spend our money on your products to be denied access to them due to the incompetency of the staff there. Don't release a product that isn't finished and tested while making promises of "Early Access".

Edited by -LordSovereign-

Seriously I get that these things take time but for me the day is almost over and I really want to get back to my sniper. I mean seriously. I really hope that this is finished before 5:00 Central Time Zone. Also Happy Mardi Gras!