Wasnt expecting this

RedMercyyy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the game ran BETTER on my i5 750 2.67 without oc to 3.7 gzh how can i5-3570 perform worse than that ? man stop defending the game and admit theres a problem and atleast try to help without bashing my cpu, and others

Stop moving the goal posts to defend you own point of view.

You stated your old rig was running @ 3.7 I got better performance than your current rig @ 3.4

Now you're trying to imply it ran better @ 2.67 ... heh ok, now I think you're just talking trash ... you're not going to get the FPS you're talking about in this thread today with those settings @ 2.67.

I'm not bashing your CPU - I'm saying it's worse than what you had before the way you are running it and I'm not defending the game either, I've clearly outlined they keep bringing forward all these changes for an engine that can't provide the efficiency to still run it on older hardware thus always moving the requirements on cpu required ( without officially doing so ).

Long story short your FPS is probably what you should expect @ 3.4 - overclock or next time you upgrade make sure you do your research first on the CPU and it's performance vs what you had in whatever you are wanting to do.

So you are implying that swtor is more demanding than any other triple A title like witcher 3 which i run on max settings over 60fps, the game has issues no matter how good your pc is the game doesnt work well on most of them havent y seen cpu use is under 50% and gpj is barely used at all while cpu temp is 52c max. Get ur **** straight

So you are implying that swtor is more demanding than any other triple A title like witcher 3 which i run on max settings over 60fps, the game has issues no matter how good your pc is the game doesnt work well on most of them havent y seen cpu use is under 50% and gpj is barely used at all while cpu temp is 52c max. Get ur **** straight

I think they are saying that MMOs when designed 'Guess' at the direction computers and tech will take. They often guess wrong, meaning older machines run the game smoother than newer machines. It's the suck that it happens that way.

Also some processors run the game better than others. Some graphics cards run better than others. Sometimes you have to optimize your settings. Some of it takes trial and error. I run on an Ancient (if it was a horse it would be shot) laptop. I run the game pretty lag free with the exceptions being Fleet where you zone in (and everyone stands on each other AFK) and Odessan. I used to slide show through Odessan.

So I got tired of it. I let AMD Rapture optimize the game for me. Did you know an ancient laptop can run the game on high settings? Neither did I. I did drop my trees and grass back down to 50% because a few areas of game (Alderan) would make the game stutter a bit. If running Ops I would probably still lag up. Same with PVP.

I don't know why your PC isn't running the game smoothly. Sometimes, it's the game and not your PC. And sometimes, you have to have Rapture optimize it for you.

People tried to help, all you want to do is whinge and blame the game.

Go get a better cpu or just be quiet already ( or spend days trying to fix your imaginary problem, what floats ya boat ).

People tried to help, all you want to do is whinge and blame the game.

Go get a better cpu or just be quiet already ( or spend days trying to fix your imaginary problem, what floats ya boat ).

Are u mentally handicapped havent u seen my screenshots cpu is barely being used and its way more than i need *** tne game do u understand ?

Have come across this type of thread quite a few times.

system: running an i7-4940mx, 32gb ddr3, NVidia gtx880m, all ssd hard drives. Since its a laptop, I verified that swtor.exe was forced to use the gtx880.

Game Settings: Dropped to low via the button then taken down further on every option that could be. 0 grass, 0 trees etc.... Screen size: 1920x1080 windowed.

Under windows 8 and windows 10, this game would run ~30fps and frequently drop to 1-14fps. At the same time, I play Witcher 3 on High. Other than the keyboard getting hot, it runs fine. For work, I had to drop the OS back to windows 7.

Under windows 7, swtor.exe runs at 100fps at the above settings virtually 100% of the time. I run it on ultra with vsync and it sits right at 60fps. I don't usually play on ultra because there are no dps bonuses for it.

Odessen seems to want to be a playable loadscreen out in front, by the modstation.

This has been my experience with this issue.

Edited by FlyingUsPoo

Are u mentally handicapped havent u seen my screenshots cpu is barely being used and its way more than i need *** tne game do u understand ?

Yup keep blaming the game ... I'm sure it's not your "4 month" that is actually closer to 4 year processor that is causing the problem.

Funny how you talked of overclocking to 3.7 also when turbo boost on those CPU's alone should push them to 3.8 per Intel's own specifications.

Not every oc is stable mate 3.7 is the sweetspot, also comme the post above, same problems or even better if u have anything smart to say on the subject of fixing the problem feel free to spit it out. cpu and gpu are barely being used and ur pointing at my cpu, this games engine is piece of **** its 32 bit based and uses only 2 cores, mate.

Fro m the ppst above there might be a peoblem with directx9 but ive downloaded the latest one i could find

Edited by RedMercyyy

Not every oc is stable mate 3.7 is the sweetspot, also comme the post above, same problems or even better if u have anything smart to say on the subject of fixing the problem feel free to spit it out. cpu and gpu are barely being used and ur pointing at my cpu, this games engine is piece of **** its 32 bit based and uses only 2 cores, mate.

Fro m the ppst above there might be a peoblem with directx9 but ive downloaded the latest one i could find

I'm having difficulty what you're posting half the time but ... 3.7 is the sweet spot on a CPU that will automatically turbo boost to 3.8 or just the sweet spot for all CPUs?

I always manually overclock my cpu in bios so yea 3.7 works the best but that does not matter 3.4 3.7 the game shouldnt perform this badly, also people reported that installing direct x9 improves the performance, but it did nothing for me or im doing it wrong, idk is there a way to force swtor to use that dx9 driver ?

I always manually overclock my cpu in bios so yea 3.7 works the best but that does not matter 3.4 3.7 the game shouldnt perform this badly, also people reported that installing direct x9 improves the performance, but it did nothing for me or im doing it wrong, idk is there a way to force swtor to use that dx9 driver ?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/download/details.aspx?id=8109 that is the directx you're reading about, if that doesn't help it's not the problem.

Whether you think this game shouldn't run this bad or not is besides the point ... it does for the reasons I outlined earlier in the thread.

Once all possible bugs and issues are eliminated then most likely it comes down to raw cpu processing power.

If a reasonable overclock of your CPU gives NO performance increase what so ever then there is probably an issue somewhere else.

However the FPs you are getting is about what people would expect with a CPU at that speed, especially when the issues you face are in the same areas people tend to get them namely fleet/pvp and the reason graphic setting don't help is because the things that are giving the poor performance ( all the extra players and the flashey effects of their moves etc. ) aren't controlled by the graphic settings and as far as I know can't be turned off.

There are effects on the hud also so some people have found turning it off with ctrl-u to also be of assistance as annoying as playing with no hud would be.