NEVER throw away your orange gear.

Bida

Like the title says, never throw away your orange gear.

It is totally upgradable using Mods. You can get new mods from the Commendation Mod Vendors, an Artifacer, or from the Galactic Trading House.

So, again, NEVER throw away your orange gear (unless you are absolutely sure it is surpassed by new orange gear).

Edited by Bida

Yea just depends on the look you want. Some orange gear I passed because I didnt like the look.

Still though while leveling up and unless you really want it for the look you can just sell that black talon gear. The next flash points come with all the mods already that are higher level and you dont have to go hunting for them. You can focus on leveling and can save the upgrading for when you are done leveling.

Does orange gear have any inherent stats without mods? If it's ugly, isn't it garbage?

This is basically the gist of it, yes. It has no significant (I think all Orange armor has about a 7 armor rating as an inherent base) stats of its own. If you really don't like the look of it, then you can likely feel free to ditch it. But if it's a look you think you might ever want to wear, it'd be good to hold on to.

Beauty, as they say, is in the eye of the beholder, so it's all up to personal taste as to which looks you may like or dislike. I'm sure some folks will be happy to stick with one look, others may want to collect a wardrobe of choices -- it's just good to know that the option is available with the Orange pieces.

Does orange gear have any inherent stats without mods? If it's ugly, isn't it garbage?

some things have basic armor like the jacket (dont remember the name) i have has 300 armor with all slots open. But havent seen any other stats yet

If it is medium armor made by synthweaving it will have a minimal str/end bonus and be called 'sentinal' or similar but can be modded for smuggler variants.

I expect this will hold for armorer-sourced orange gear as well.

If you find a set that looks good for you it is invaluable. It is also a boon for those who make mods.

Until modded it still won't say in the tooltip what the actual armor value is, apparently it keys to what level the bound character is.

Edited by Gleneagle