Harbinger just got rolled back quite a bit.

JidaiDerriphan

I had a roll back on the Bastion when the reven expansion came out. Had a lvl 60 too rolled back to 57. Did the ticket, and email and call to cs. The end result was a polite 'so sad, too bad'.

Interest in this game for me has been declining for a while. Haven't even bothered to start the latest expansion even though I had early access. With all that has gone on the last few weeks, not sure its worth re-subing. If I were a share holder, I'd be calling for the ceo and project manager to be canned!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Harbinger is once again available!

Before the server was brought down, we confirmed that some players did experience a rollback. Unfortunately, there is no way for us to restore the progress that was lost during that time period. We are looking into procedures to avoid this from happening in the future. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks everyone for your patience.

-eric

Eric, I'm not on Harbinger so I don't have a horse in this race, but this definatly sucks for Harbinger people, any chance BW can do something small for those who experiance a roll back just to soften the blow?

Eric, I'm not on Harbinger so I don't have a horse in this race, but this definatly sucks for Harbinger people, any chance BW can do something small for those who experiance a roll back just to soften the blow?

You, sir, win the internets with this joke. Great one!

I agree to some can we actually address the SEVERE lack of CS these days like ive had ticket for 2 weeks and called this week n u delete all new tickets EVEN THO my ticket u closed.......so basically 'we dont give a hoot dont wanna hear it"

honestly ya im ok with rollbacks emerg reset stuff like that what the REAL defining issue here is u have ZERO CS or Customer Relations for a company that gets quite a fair decent amount of cash.....

reall dont think its too troublesome ro too much to ask that you actually respond to a ticket and address the issue because yes this is CONSTANT with you guys and its all over the internet how you have the WORST CS and it all comes down to ur reps sayin too bad n ur 'droid' closing tickets that are legit n need to be addressed so ya tbh u prolly wouldnt get so much back lash if ya would just address our issues in game....ESPECIALLY WHEN WE SUB! Or atleast explain how DIGITAL items, which r code, put you out so much that you cant restore or address the issues involved when things happen beyond player control. yet we r the ones who seem to be begging for what we have earned, recieved or aquired in game when you guys mess up lol n then u tell us 'there there there there' instead of going 'click' n fixing it

Edited by Dawnscar

Um, Austin we have a problem. Game experience, crafted items, achievements, these are all 1 and 0's. I bought something off the Cartel Market, equivalent to going into a Walmart and paying for something. I currently don't have what I paid for, nor do I have the Cartel Coins I used. I believe that would be call theft!

Lost like 5 hours of progress, incredible amounts of credits, the jetpack i worked my *** of to get for my alt, and i have to beat Revan AGAIN... needless to say i'm a bit pissed. Is there any way to get that progress back?

Wait, there is an in game jet pack we can earn? Did I read that right? Tell me more...

Before the server was brought down, we confirmed that some players did experience a rollback. Unfortunately, there is no way for us to restore the progress that was lost during that time period. We are looking into procedures to avoid this from happening in the future. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

-eric

this actually really pisses me off, just oh well.. sorry can't do anything? That's it? Way to manage your community bruh, I've put more time and money into this MMO than any other I've played, but your CS has gotten worse and worse.

Give us all an item, or some credits or some cartel coins... I mean seriously, come on do SOMETHING

Edited by liftedplane

this actually really pisses me off, just oh well.. sorry can't do anything? That's it? Way to manage your community bruh, I've put more time and money into this MMO than any other I've played, but your CS has gotten worse and worse.

Give us all an item, or some credits or some cartel coins... I mean seriously, come on do SOMETHING

IKR!!!!!

i made some progress on my Biochem and some other stuff last night also. Even got something with Cartel Coins, it even show that I did on my account on this site, but then they say there is nothing they can do ***!!!!!!!!!!!!

They could refund anything that was bought during that time frame, but will they???? I am guessing NOPE.

Wait, so I've had a chance to log in on some more characters. This roll back has pretty much inflicted maximum pain. Its not like it just went back in time where if you crafted something, your mats are back and you dont have the item. I lost all my purple mats for a full set of purple level 34 mods and enhancements, and I don't have them. Similarly, I'm missing credits for stuff I bought, but dont have the items. This absolutely stinks, and you know they aren't going to do anything about it.

EXACTLY! Customer service for this game has gotten pathetic - especially in the last year.

I did that damn Qyzen influence quest last night - nothing but grinding and hunting for those damn critters around Hoth - and now I have to do it again. Plus two star forge runs.

That's a ton of time. In my business, when I screw up - I look to compensate the victim to keep their business (and my REPUTATION) in the future.

I've been a sub since launch - and I'm more unhappy with this game now than I've ever been due to the large recent nerf bat and this crap from last night.

-eric

This really is an unacceptable response to this situation. I can maybe understand that the effort involved to fix the possible randomness of who and what was affected may really not be time and resource efficient but..... to do absolutely nothing is just very very poor customer service.

Even if you handed out some CC's or credits or something it would go a long way. Instead you choose the shut up and suck it up route.

Horrendous.

i hope your reading this bioware and i hope ur aware at this point in time HALF of ur Harbinger server is debating cancelling subs not cause of rollback but because how u handled it...u just didnt - instead u legft us holding the bag when we r the ones who pay U for the service and then u looked at s n went OOPS.....man up fix it or dead game be dead...cause u JUST got a bunch of us back like this mnth n then u let this happen n thats what it comes down to is u LET IT HAPPEN n still r.....in fact a good chunk of us logged n r HEAVILY debating relogging ever agaiin - theres no point in any of it if it can get deleted n u go meh

.bioware ur actually disgracing the Lucasarts name at this point

Edited by Dawnscar

OK, let's take a minute to see what HASN'T happened in the last week. I think the only thing still on the list is the servers getting hacked. Oh we also haven't lost all our account data yet. Uh... let's see... widespread exploit, check. Terrible endgame decision going forward, check. Login trouble, check. Rollback, check. Buggy queue times, check. Unnecessary restriction of item purchases, check. So I guess we should be prepared for the servers to go down soon. It's about the only way BW hasn't goofed this week yet.

-eric

Dear Eric,

How about an alternative after-care response, something like this.

"Dear players, we are sorry for the rollback on the Harbinger server, it would be simply too time consuming and technical to be able to restore each player affected by the rollback back to their original point before it happened, as such we will be compensating all players on Harbinger server with 500 Cartel Coins as a token of our sincerity in the losses that were suffered. Further, we encourage any players who had made Cartel Coin purchases in the affected period of time, that are left without the items they had purchased and without the coins used to purchase them, to open up a ticket, and we will individually investigate each report to ensure the Cartel Coins themselves do get restored.

Once again we apologize for the server's unexpected rollback, and hope that the Cartel Coin restoration and 500 bonus Cartel Coins helps soften the blow to our Harbinger players.

Love always,

Eric"

How's that sound? :p

Wow, you guys are just.... so... bad. At everything lately.

SWTOR: Knights of the Fallen Empire - Made by bads, for bads.

Coming soon - SWTOR: No Hope Left

Seriously though, you're like the fast food employees that can't get an order of burger and fries right, wanting more money for being total failures.

If you are trying to piss people off and kill the game, you are doing a wonderful job. If you're trying to do anything other than that, you have failed.

as such we will be compensating all players on Harbinger server with 500 Cartel Coins as a token of our sincerity in the losses that were suffered.

Your faith in humanity is way too big if you think this wouldn't cause enrage roughly around "He wasn't hit by the rollback, why is he getting 500 CC too?!"

-eric

I've stuck with BW through thick and thin, but immediately unsubbed upon reading this post. Absolutely pathetic.

I've stuck with BW through thick and thin, but immediately unsubbed upon reading this post. Absolutely pathetic.

Honestly, it may point more towards a shortcoming with HeroEngine, than SWTOR itself. It is very likely some of the technical aspects of what occurred relate more to memory and caching technologies than improper database handling procedures. Of course, the only way for us to really know, is for BioWare Austin to come clean and provide a technical explanation of what exactly occurred. I have yet to encounter a company being so forthright and honest, however. Normally, reasons for that include proprietary architecture details that they wish to remain secret in order to prevent exploitation. Details about SWTOR, however, are generally in the public light, due to their well publicized purchase of the HeroEngine as the foundation for SWTOR, during early development.

So...

Honestly, it may point more towards a shortcoming with HeroEngine, than SWTOR itself. It is very likely some of the technical aspects of what occurred relate more to memory and caching technologies than improper database handling procedures. Of course, the only way for us to really know, is for BioWare Austin to come clean and provide a technical explanation of what exactly occurred. I have yet to encounter a company being so forthright and honest, however. Normally, reasons for that include proprietary architecture details that they wish to remain secret in order to prevent exploitation. Details about SWTOR, however, are generally in the public light, due to their well publicized purchase of the HeroEngine as the foundation for SWTOR, during early development.

So...

It's not that I can't accept the technical glitches (I mean, I've survived SWTOR for this long...) it's the attitude of "oh, you lost millions of credits? Sux bro" that's driven me away. Their response to something like this is 100% in their control.

I just don't understand it. Companion seesawing, the NiM loot situation with letting it sit for weeks then such an inexplicable response, letting an obvious, reproducible dupe bug persist for weeks....

You would think that someone would click to that they are in serious trouble with their userbase, a week before the movie releases. People will read these forums.