Darth Malgus' Armor

Crubus

My first forum thread that I've started, maybe even my first forum post at all ever in the history of this game. But this matters, since I've essentially waited four years for this.

Ever since we all saw the trailers for SWTOR, we all loved the styling of how the sets and characters looked. It just looked like the Star Wars universe. From the armored Battle-Jedi look to something more for speed and comfort on a Consular or Inquisitor, to the flashy smuggler overcoat and hat, and then the downright imposing look of a Warrior in heavy armor with a long flowing cape. We all loved it.

After four years of waiting, we finally got Darth Malgus' armor set. Except for one thing that completely spoils it for me and prevents me from getting it. The hood is up.

The hood is up. Why oh why is that so? Most of the time when we see Darth Malgus, he has the hood down. On only three occasions that I can remember is it up. In the first trailer when he was walking down the ramp of his ship at the Korriban station. When attacking the Jedi temple on Coruscant when first entering and then upon departure. Then when you first see him in The False Emperor flashpoint. That's it, you see him with the hood up for a strikingly short amount of time. Every other time you see him, it's down.

Everyone who has a problem with up/down hoods in this game, please post here and repost your support for a solution to this.

1: An alternate version of the armor made available (separately if necessary) with the hood down.

2: An all encompassing customization option for hood up or hood down on the relevant chest pieces. Just like hide head slot and show dark side corruption.

3: An item specific option to drop the hood. Like the flourish on certain mounts.

Bioware, I will willingly spend Cartel Coins (real money) to acquire this armor set if it was introduced with the hood down. No questions asked, just with the hood down.

I'm probably on the wrong side of this, but I actually prefer the hood up look.

That said, I still wish for a hood toggle, especially since we were told waaaaaaaaaaay back in the day that while it wouldn't be ready for 1.2 (or was it 1.3), that it shouldn't be much longer after that.

Then a few months later we got the word that it was not actively being worked on, and hasn't been addressed since.

For the first time I got 30 packs to try to get an armor set... of course I got only junk, never again, such a waste, nothing but lousy decorations, scrap and useless armor sets (mandalorian set, really? we got 1000 of those).

Hood up or down, getting either of this iconic set seems hopeless with the RNGesus packs, introduce it to purchase separately please.

Don't feel bad. I did the same thing. First time buying the 30 pack...and before that I bought 2 five packs..so spent about $60 trying to get one armor set...did not get a single piece of the Malgus set. After seeing General Chat a lot of others did the same thing. Never again.

Don't feel bad. I did the same thing. First time buying the 30 pack...and before that I bought 2 five packs..so spent about $60 trying to get one armor set...did not get a single piece of the Malgus set. After seeing General Chat a lot of others did the same thing. Never again.

Yea the jetpack and malgus was the big ones to want, of course not even a shadow of any of it, not even any part of the malgus set, but a ton of the terrible observer set, which will be like 1k credits worth.

I hope this is rarer than even Tulak Hord's armor, otherwise every sith in the damn game will be clones of each other.

A hood toggle would be great yes, but if if i had to choose, i am glad they did it with the hood up.

Edited by Kaedusz

While a hoodless option would be nice; they didn't even make sure it looks correct.

There's a large seam on the back lower neck where the collar should be, the hood covers it up but with a helmet or other hood-cancelling headgear you can see it.

Sad it took so long to come out and isn't even done correctly.

I hope this is rarer than even Tulak Hord's armor, otherwise every sith in the damn game will be clones of each other.

Maybe it should be a pointer for bioware to actually make some streamlined sets. Most juggernaut gear looks insane, with way too much going on, or as if you are walking around with random cardboard boxes glued to you. The Thexxan and Malgus gear looks iconic, striking a good balance between simplicity and detail.

A lot of leveling jugg armor looks like it is inspired by malgus or darth vader, but is purposefully ruined to not be as cool as they could be (npc's always for some reason having cooler versions of gear than we can get).

All of my characters so far have been jedi or sith, and would LOVE a toggle option for robes/hoods. I mean that's on of the most iconic things you see a jedi do. Walk into a room, hood up, take a look around, realize stuffs about to go down, drops hood, pulls saber. Or as was already mentioned Malgus walking downt he ramp in the trailer with his hood up then lowering it when he goes ape **** killing jedi.

This needs to be addressed, more so than any stupid HK-55 droid, you want to impress subscribers, give us THIS.

The annoying thing is that not all hoods scream, "Look, I'm bald!". Some of the earlier hood models actually cover enough of the head so the baldness isn't painfully obvious at most angles. I don't know how, but somehow the hood on the Malgus chest piece is fairly large, yet still doesn't offer good coverage. :confused:

Tip: try wearing Veda Cloth Headgear underneath hoods to hide the bald head. It has an effect similar to cowls in FFXIV.

The annoying thing is that not all hoods scream, "Look, I'm bald!". Some of the earlier hood models actually cover enough of the head so the baldness isn't painfully obvious at most angles. I don't know how, but somehow the hood on the Malgus chest piece is fairly large, yet still doesn't offer good coverage. :confused:

Tip: try wearing Veda Cloth Headgear underneath hoods to hide the bald head. It has an effect similar to cowls in FFXIV.

On a male body 3, you can't really notice the baldness. But then again, my character already had pretty short hair, so it's no tlike there was a lot to hide.

On a male body 3, you can't really notice the baldness. But then again, my character already had pretty short hair, so it's no tlike there was a lot to hide.

I noticed this too. On a lot of types it shows a lot of baldness, but on a male type 3, the hood looks freakin awesome.

I just hope the price isn't too extreme.

dang. malgus' armor set must be really have a real bad drop rate. wonder how much this sucker is going to get me on the market.

same for the jetpacks but with the other ones, it probably won't bring me too big of a haul.

it's good to see a lot of people are fond of Malgus and I'm not. :rolleyes:

1: An alternate version of the armor made available (separately if necessary) with the hood down.

I second this. The armor looks amazing and people like me who think a hood depersonalizes their character too much should get an option.

The only reason I think Bioware did the hood-up version is they know people were going to create Malgus clones.

I agree. Very annoyed about it. Always wanted Malgus' armor but the hood is just putting me off. I actually wanted to use the argument that we barely see Malgus with his hood up, too. They also really frakked up the female model.

Guys at Bioware, come on. People been asking for hood toggle since launch. You have one of the most expensive cosmetic items out there, too. Please, start introducing armors with hood toggle feature - it doesn't have to be retroactive. Your argument about going back and reworking every existing set doesn't make sense. I will totally understand if it will be part of only the new, desirable sets from CM. Just like we have armor sets with additional effects (Sith Recluse) I am pretty sure you can make that hood toggle EVERYONE desires to a bigger or lesser degree.

What I find extremely annoying is that they have hood down models for almost every armor in the game but they refuse to make them player-wearable items. Guys, take a look at Temple Guardian armor... It has hood up and hood down they didn't remove. They've done both up and down models. And yet we don't have a choice. Why?

Just had a chance to preview this set in-game. It's ridiculous on characters with 1-2 body types. Absolutely ridiculous. Shoulder pads are oversized and visibly floating and the hood doesn't match well with the head at all. I won't even get it for its collector's value. This set is absolutely terrible. If you manage to hide hood with headpiece you can see there are so many uncapped models attached to this armor that you can see through because of exposed polygons.

This set should really be fixed. I mean FIXED. Really. It's just terribly rushed and visibly unfinished.

End rant.

Back to waiting for Jedi robes.

Excuse me! Farmhand's robes.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Very easy solution to those who want the hood down: buy one of the unobtrusive headgears that lowers it. Or better yet, go full Malgus and buy one of those rebreather thingies that look like his and voila, no hood. And you look a proper Malgus.