Producer Letter Livestream Wrap-up

EricMusco

Sorry, not excited about the droid. I don't care for him, and I don't want to be him....here are things I would have liked to see...

As a subscriber: You get a special quest ritual to Bring Darth Marr back from the dead. Only a sub will get this, and only a sub can have Darth Marr as a companion.

As a subscriber: You get a stronghold on Odessen! That's right first three rooms are free for subs.

As a subscriber: The ability to customize your companions! (again)

As a subscriber/founder: As a sub/founder you don't have to pvp to earn back your comps, you have done quite enough, and especially if you have played all 8 stories in full and earned 10K with all your comps on all characters.

As a subscriber: You will get to enjoy a NEW lifeday event...with glorious prizes like Ice Sculptures of your favorite heroes! A Wampa wall hanging! A Wampa head trophy! A fireplace with hearth for your house!

As a subscriber: You get the all new exciting Snow Speeder that allows you to shoot snowballs at mobs as you pass by. Also travels 25% faster than anything else in the game!

And just for Lunafox: An albino monkey lizard, just cuz...and I'll name him Special Snowflake.

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously?

NOW you people decide to whinge about a lack of ops/pvp etc. AFTER many went and defended needing overpowered companions?!

You basically went and told Bioware a massive majority of players want casual solo play by the way they were attacked over the nerf so now Bioware is going to focus on easy casual solo play because apparently that's what sells and stops people unsubbing as they did/threatened to do over the companion nerf.

Because it wasn't the companions strength that Bioware will view it as, it was that people don't want to group and don't want challenging content like the Heroics etc.

Now if you weren't against the nerf then my apologies to you and you are in the same boat as me in that we get lambasted with crappy, boring content because a bunch of casuals, the majority of which most likely won't play beyond the next month or so anyway, kicked up such a fuss.

The companion debate was about much more than companion strength, it was about the direction of content the community wanted and sorry but that's now solo, sleep while you play, story content and super fast grind.

RIP Swtor

NOW you people decide to whinge about a lack of ops/pvp etc. AFTER many went and defended needing overpowered companions?!

You realize we can all do more than one thing at a time, right?

Stop blaming the players for the shoddy nonsense we keep getting from this game. NOTHING that has happened in the past four years in SWTOR is the fault or responsibility of the player base. We are the consumers, not the creators.

Ok... I have some questions for a while.

1: Will old companion get their old animation back? Like HK-51 and Treek who keep their original animations.

2: Will the romance bug be fixed before 4.1?

3: Why Lana concept art show her dual wilding lightsabers but the live version only has one?

4: Did Lana lose a hand or is that gauntlet?

I'll make this brief…

Story is not content. To be clear, I started playing this game in the first place because of story. However, even with that enthusiasm and focus, I wasn't planning on playing for very long. Because story doesn't last. I played KOTOR I probably over 30 times, and ME1 almost that much, but that is dwarfed by the amount of time I've spent in SWTOR.

The time I've spent in SWTOR has not been because of its story. I've certainly played all of the story content, and I've enjoyed it… the first time through. But now it's over. I have no desire to re-play even the KotFE storyline, despite its excellence. Story doesn't retain ongoing activity in the game.

Story is flavor. Content is substance. Content is something that you do in groups, because people are what give meaning and variety to repetitive actions. PvP and GSF are the embodiment of this philosophy, but PvE (especially operations) are as well. Operations, GSF and warzone maps. These are content. These are what players have poured endless hours into repeating, despite the unchanging nature of the boss fights or objectives or terrain. Nobody is pouring that amount of time into any story.

SWTOR needs new content. Desperately. There hasn't been a single piece of new PvE content since 3.0. There hasn't been a single piece of new PvP or GSF content for even longer. Without content, communities have nothing to do. Guilds die and players leave. All you have left are solo players who log in for a few hours every week, trickle-consuming the story.

I'm not even sure there's a question in here, other than the obvious "when will you release any new content?" And don't say story, because story isn't content.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

1. When will we see new Operations?

2. When will the bug that drops 220 gear in NIM ops be fixed (instead of the 224 gear as stated). If this is not a bug and is as intended, could we get dev confirmation of that?

3. When will we see new PVP maps?

4. Will we ever see a use for having so many people in our alliance (for example, being able to send more than 6 people out on missions at a time, doing large scale operations solo with just your alliance as your group, etc.)

Thank you, and I look forward to your responses.

HK-55 companion and bonus chapter tell me choices don't matter.

Come September, when World of Warcraft Legion releases, WoW will have released 4 raids since the last new SWTOR operation was released. Someone more knowledge about WoW will have to figure out how many PvP maps have come out for WoW since Quesh Huttball.

The Subscriber Rewards Program is a joke, it should be a system rewarding people for their time subscribed to the game NOT a timed exclusive system.

Edited by SirUrza

You sure hyped up the livestream and delivered us a lot of fluff. Its been almost a year since the game got a new operation and 1 1/2 years since a new pvp map has been released. Is the dev team even working on operations or pvp stuff? All we need is a little feedback, and not some ******** response like soon™.

#BetterThanCrossServer

This was a huge let down for me

I mean your hyping a sub reward that's almost 8 months away? That's not much shorter then the time between SOR and KOTFE.

As much as I hate wow, almost evey single patch has new group content. The community has such little faith we can already the predict the 1-2 hours if that, to finish each new chapter. Then after they are finish we will be left with our hands in the air again. What we need is new group content to do in the gaps.

We need new OPs, war zones, quest area's just freaking something.

Thanks for the stream, now as you said on the stream i have a few questions for you guys.

1 - When can we change kotfe companions appearance?(if never a why would be nice)

2 - Is skytroopers armor making it to the cartel market?

3 - Are there other romances in the making?

4 - Will the old companions planet armor sets that you could get in questing appear for crafting? some were really nice.

5 - When will the Tactical heroics star fortress be on the group finder? (can't solo it since zakuul knights hit as hard as an elite) or make the solo version ot if count for the quests we get (not sure if it doesn't just heard rumours of it and since i'm bugged i can't try them)

6 - As much as i like the story, the first 9 chapters choices don't seem to matter that much (can only think of 2-3 choices that might matter, "kneel or don't", "save or let the generator blow up", maybe "yes or no to emperor") and quite frankly getting a bit bored on my 4rth run of it. any chances of some variations based on your class in future instalments of this type of story? (maybe not with this set but the next one if you keep going forward with this style of updates)

7 - Any chances on making the alliance grind account based?, i really don't see myself doing it for more than 1 character.

Can we please have some indication of when we can expect a new operation or some new warzones? It's been over a year since the release of ravagers/tos, and it's closing in on two years since the last time a new warzone came out.

Subscriber perks are great and all, but if there's no content then there's little incentive for many of us to stay. I realize that a lot of work went into KOTFE, but that's not everyone's jam and even those that do like it have little content to play in between chapters right now. Those of us that have been loyal subscribers from the get go want content, not more fluff like new companions. We want to stay, but you're giving us little reason to. I love this game, but I'm finding fewer and fewer reasons to log in. I was so excited to watch this stream, and it was a complete and utter disappointment.

Please throw a bone to those of us that care about serious content and let us know if or when we can expect something to sink out teeth into. Because if there's nothing coming our way, it's time to start thinking about moving on.

Edited by chelbelle

Ok... I have some questions for a while.

1: Will old companion get their old animation back? Like HK-51 and Treek who keep their original animations.

2: Will the romance bug be fixed before 4.1?

3: Why Lana concept art show her dual wilding lightsabers but the live version only has one?

4: Did Lana lose a hand or is that gauntlet?

Seriously, I wondered that as well.

I'll make this brief…

Story is not content. To be clear, I started playing this game in the first place because of story. However, even with that enthusiasm and focus, I wasn't planning on playing for very long. Because story doesn't last. I played KOTOR I probably over 30 times, and ME1 almost that much, but that is dwarfed by the amount of time I've spent in SWTOR.

The time I've spent in SWTOR has not been because of its story. I've certainly played all of the story content, and I've enjoyed it… the first time through. But now it's over. I have no desire to re-play even the KotFE storyline, despite its excellence. Story doesn't retain ongoing activity in the game.

Story is flavor. Content is substance. Content is something that you do in groups, because people are what give meaning and variety to repetitive actions. PvP and GSF are the embodiment of this philosophy, but PvE (especially operations) are as well. Operations, GSF and warzone maps. These are content. These are what players have poured endless hours into repeating, despite the unchanging nature of the boss fights or objectives or terrain. Nobody is pouring that amount of time into any story.

SWTOR needs new content. Desperately. There hasn't been a single piece of new PvE content since 3.0. There hasn't been a single piece of new PvP or GSF content for even longer. Without content, communities have nothing to do. Guilds die and players leave. All you have left are solo players who log in for a few hours every week, trickle-consuming the story.

I'm not even sure there's a question in here, other than the obvious "when will you release any new content?" And don't say story, because story isn't content.

Well said, you know it is bad when the great KBN comes and complain.

You glossed over the fact you delayed all story by a month (they were supposed to be released starting in january), any reason for this? We're basically being content starved and all you've got to show for it is these subscriber rewards?

We need fun repeatable content, so much missed opportunity in the alliance system, should've been legacy based, should've expanded on the story and included a tie in to all content in the game (PvP/PvE,GSF) in a coherent fasion.

When are you finally going to adress the pvp community in this game about the "better than cross server" system you were supposedly working on? Is being more transparant centered around the fact you're just blatantly ignoring these issues? What do the players do in your game once they've played through all the story?

Perfect. Also i don't even expect new pvp content, i just wanted more balance. hahaha guess we EXPECT TOO MUCH. :eek:

They shouldn't call them subscriber rewards.

They are incentives. A reward is being given something for accomplishments completed. An incentive is being told you will get something in exchange for continued contribution.

The problem is that these "incentives" don't actually do what MMOs are supposed to do, which is encourage people to log in and work with other groups.

I was REALLY hoping for something truly exciting that would make me want to continue my sub.

Was unsurprisingly (my body was ready for it) disappointed as all hell. I keep wanting to want to give you guys money and feel like I'm supporting a team that I feel is doing great work and values their community. But it seems you guys are determined to prove otherwise.

Oh well, that's money to spend on other MMO's and games, I guess I'll mainly shelve SWTOR until all the chapters are finished and out.

Very poor form. And seriously BioWare, your community team is awful. At this point, Trion has a better community team for their games than you do for SWTOR, even if that's purely because they picked up Linda Carlson.

I'll make this brief…

If BW was to listen to anyone person in this thread, its this one.