Producer Letter Livestream Wrap-up

EricMusco

an insult to veterans

I am a pre-order veteran and I think the rewards are cool. I must admit I got my hopes up a bit with the "loyal long term subscribers" to be a nice veteran program that awarded loyalty to the game but I do not mind that it does not.

The HK-55 will be awesome to have!

Edited by Icestar

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

Here is a wrap-up of the things we talked about on the Producer Letter Livestream…

Chapter 10 – Anarchy in Paradise will be launching on February 11th. Along with Chapter 10, will be Game Update 4.1 which will include Fighting for the Eternal Championship, Bowdaar as an unlockable Companion through Alliance, and updates to Crafting. We will have more details on those changes in January.

We have a whole host of new subscriber rewards for you as well:

• Be a subscriber on January 11th and receive HK-55 as a playable Companion when 4.1 launches on 2/9.
  • Be a subscriber continuously from January 11th through the launch of Chapter 16, and receive an entire bonus Chapter where you will play as HK-55!
  • Be a subscriber on the 1st of each month, and receive 2 days of early access to any Chapter which launches that month. This includes Chapter 10 in February.
  • There will also be additional monthly subscriber rewards throughout Season 1, most of which will be themed around HK-55.

Throughout the month of December, we will have plenty of things going on as well. The Gree, Rakghoul, and Bounty Contract events will each run for a week. Log in any time from 12/8 to 1/5 to receive our 4th anniversary rewards, including an HK-51 Stronghold Decoration, more information later this week! We will also be running Life Day and Double XP, more info on those tomorrow.

We hope you enjoyed the stream and want to thank you all for tuning in. If you have any questions about the stream or anything else, throw them in this thread and I will work with Ben on getting them answered. Thanks!

-eric

Do your job Musco. You're a CM, not a retail salesman / PR. Calm the forum down.

Eric,

Thank you. The Livestream was nice (regardless of all the complaints). My guild is happy with HK-55 and the rewards.

I do think some new operations for some of the players that like them would be nice but just because it was not mention as of yet doesn't make me believe that there will not be.

Have a good night and thank you.

Like many, I'd like to know more about previous companions in the KOTFE storyline, particularly the old romance companions and any ongoing status. Will we see them again? Some, or all?

Some have noted that not all of them have sent "where are you?" letters.

Given that there are surely negative results when flirting with a new KOTFE companion, inquiring minds want to know...

Any new Warzones, OPs, Flashpoints, anything coming anytime soon? Haven't really had much new since 3.0 launched over a year ago.

Seriously. Nothing about group content at all, you do realize you're going to kill hundreds of guilds? What's the point of having a group system, guilds, anything but armies of solo players if we literally don't have any new content to do as a group?

I'm deathly afraid of my own guild going rip in pepperonis cause of the dev team's incompetence, and my faith in you guys is seriously lacking. It's kinda annoying how you guys are literally backstabbing the players that have played since beta, tested everything publically testable, devoted hundreds upon thousands upon tens of thousands of hours to your game, and literally worked on everything from fan sites, to guides, to podcasts, to general server events, and in order to whore yourselves out to new players, you're gunning for a quick buck with story and hoping that people will stick around, as if people actually played say, KOTOR, for months at a time.

A single player RPG is not going to work as your primary content stream in an MMO environment. You're giving us 3 hours of story after like a *********** 3 month gap. I would like some of the drugs your dev team is smoking.

I'm only here because I love this game, but right now I'm contemplating moving on. Show me I shouldn't.

Hey, could you just clarify for us why you said that Chapter X would be released in January, then turned around and delayed it to February and expected us to be hyped?

They said Late January / Early February all along. if you chose to only hear January, then it's your fault.

Eric id like to thank you for helping me decide to not re sub with this joke of a stream here. Im still burnt about hk 51 and for this to be thrown at me is a big slap in the face. Ive uninstalled tor and wont be looking back i really hope with these new movies theres a newer star wars mmo because you guys are clueless and naive.

Here the real questions you need to ask the dev team eric

1. why dont we focus on making a game worth a sub instead of enticing people to sub for a month or two?

2. Why not have a survey asking what will make people play swtor long term?

3. The game needs more then dailes/instances to keep people subbed

4. This game needs an open free roaming space game like the ground but with ships

5. The game needs viable open world objective based pvp

This is what you need to show to the devs eric you can keep your rare t shirts and cookie cutter companions i dont want them.

I actually like having my own small army of followers, but I was wondering if there were plans in Chapter X or after to allow us more opportunities to make use of them besides crafting missions and joining us individually in battle? Alliance missions or something along those lines?

Seriously. Nothing about group content at all, you do realize you're going to kill hundreds of guilds? What's the point of having a group system, guilds, anything but armies of solo players if we literally don't have any new content to do as a group?

I'm deathly afraid of my own guild going rip in pepperonis cause of the dev team's incompetence, and my faith in you guys is seriously lacking. It's kinda annoying how you guys are literally backstabbing the players that have played since beta, tested everything publically testable, devoted hundreds upon thousands upon tens of thousands of hours to your game, and literally worked on everything from fan sites, to guides, to podcasts, to general server events, and in order to whore yourselves out to new players, you're gunning for a quick buck with story and hoping that people will stick around, as if people actually played say, KOTOR, for months at a time.

A single player RPG is not going to work as your primary content stream in an MMO environment. You're giving us 3 hours of story after like a *********** 3 month gap. I would like some of the drugs your dev team is smoking.

I'm only here because I love this game, but right now I'm contemplating moving on. Show me I shouldn't.

What he said, I'm deathly afraid my guild will quit if we don't get new ops and class balance soon.

A 30 minute bit of content for remaining subscribed through 9 months... I hope you're planning on releasing more than just a chapter at a time and calling that acceptable content updates because if you don't have a solid tell all about new ops soon, I don't see people sticking around. While we're on the topic of new content, how long has it been since the last new PVP map? Finally, seriously? You're upping the level on crafting so people that fail so horribly with the hand holding that is currently flashpoints and operations (SM) can get "better gear"? IT'S AN MMO! Find a friend and go get some gear!

Musco, after Palace and Fortress we were promised there would never be such a gap between new Ops again.

So please, just give raiders SOMETHING. Tell us the team is working on them. Please.

It's been a year since Ravagers and Temple, so tell us, what happened?

DF and DP came out 26 months ago, since then we had 2 new ops. Nice gap, eh?

So what I gathered from this live stream is Bioware is telling all the casual gamers that star wars is fun to play, here is all this kooooool story content :rak_eek: we dont even know why this game is multiplayer anymore cause all this content requires ONLY YOURSELF.... oh and you non casuals can go **** right off with this we want more warzones and operations.... too bad!

Okay, so... let me point something. You say a lot you pay attention to players' feedback.

Players are begging for:

A) Warzones and PvP Content

B) Specific class side-quests

C) New Ops and true Flashpoints.

D) More meaningful companions

E) Less content like the Grind Alliance.

F) New things to do (New Events)

G) Some love to GSF (New maps, for example)

You answered with:

An inconsequential companion, that since it's dead in the storyline, won't affect at all your content.

Delayed content which was supposed to come monthly. Since launch.

Same old events next month.

I'm missing something or you could have not understood worse what we want?

Edited by Cicgnar