Ambient Machine: Temple Whispers

DarthVengeant

the waterfront one works well for me. I couldn't hear anything at first and then realized my ambient sound in preferences was turned to 50%. Raising that helped me hear the subtle and peaceful water flowing sounds in my SH.

My ambient sound is now all the way up. I still hear nothing, and that is with turning up my PC way loud.

Bioware, please up the volume on these. This thread is proof this is not a singular problem and others are experiencing it as well.

Edited by DarthVengeant

They don't work very well. What really makes my day is that they're for 'wall small' and when I put them on the wall small hooks, which tend to be high up, it tells me I can't reach the item to click it, so I have to go looking for a low small wall hook. Silliest things ever. Great idea, if they worked right.

• 1 month later...
I think the ambient machines need to be looked at. I think something is backwards. I have one in my Nar Shaddaa stronghold in the solarium on the wall that the doors are on. I noticed that it is too quiet in the room which it is supposed to play the sound in, but in the room behind it it sounds fine. I can even hear it fine across the other room. I think maybe all the ambient machines are just playing the sound in the wrong direction.

That's just it. When I stood behind the ambient machine in my Nar Shaddaa stronghold, it worked as you would expect. It wasn't drowned out by the other sounds and it also wasn't overwhelming. It's what it needed to be. The only problem is that it was playing in the wrong room.

• 3 weeks later...

The bird chips one works, I can even hear it over the ambient static in the Yavin IV SH

I think the temple whispers DOES work, but it is so quiet that you can barely hear it, and is completely inaudible in strongholds like the Yavin IV temple, which has a lot of ambient static. A volume increase should solve this issue.