Gunnery spec commando: stats needed for PVP

Lhancelot

I remembered there is another difference too - the one with the crit augs also has one power one crit relic. The one with the mastery augs has one power one mastery relic.

After taking each to the ship's WZ target dummy for a couple of mins to see which had the highest heatseeker/demo:

Crit+Power augs (Commando):

Biggest autocrit - 22151

Biggest normal crit - 17881

Mastery augs (Merc):

Biggest autocrit - 22475

Biggest normal crit - 18172

But that's not taking into account average damage, non HS/Demo crits, total crit rate etc etc (the power/crit augs results in a slightly higher base crit rate). I'd need to run a parse for that, and /meh. :D

Like I said, it's very close.

How big is that sample ? Are those averages ? Because if they are not, they can perfectly be just regular variance.

How big is that sample ? Are those averages ? Because if they are not, they can perfectly be just regular variance.

Completely unscientific. Over the course of about 10 minutes on each character doing rotations on the ship WZ dummy, I just recorded the biggest heatseeker crit (both autocrit and regular) seen.

It shouldn't be taken as 'these augments provide precisely X bonus crit damage', but does give the general idea that there is only a small difference in highest potential crit size. Which was the original question.

Edited by Jherad

Also, I'd been meaning to make this video for a while, but only got around to this last night - it's basically my gear and build choices explained, as per my post in this thread:

I might make a few more merc pvp tutorial videos in the next week or two.

Also, I'd been meaning to make this video for a while, but only got around to this last night - it's basically my gear and build choices explained, as per my post in this thread:

I might make a few more merc pvp tutorial videos in the next week or two.

Very nice video, clear, concise, and simple to understand. Well done man!

Can you create a thread with a link to this video so people have a chance to find it easier?

This needs it's own thread IMO if you didn't already create one. :D