The fairness in Preferred Status, or lack thereof.

richiesilva

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people are taking offence at an imaginary suggestion that PS should have the same content unlocked as a Sub, when in fact the issue at hand (at least presented by me), is Pref not getting enough, for what they may have contributed, [at least when] compared to a free-to-play player. ;)

I think you have an inflated sense of the value of preferred status. You're still basically a free player.

I think you have an inflated sense of the value of preferred status. You're still basically a free player.

Well, you dont't say.

That's the entire point, people who have spent hundreds being placed on par with those who've contributed nothing. The ''you get what you pay for'' argument, even though showing a slight lack of empathy to customers from BW as well as excessive corporate behaviour, seems to be the logical-est one I've read yet.

Edited by richiesilva

Preferred Status feels like one big hit in the stomach. The distinction between PS and F2P is almost non-existant, and I don't think this is remotely fair. After having spent quite the money by subscribing to the game, one would expect less restrictions when downgraded than we currently get, but instead we become leveled almost on par with free-to-play.....

Lemmie ask you a question OP.....how many services that you pay for let you continue enjoying the full benefits (or nearly all the benefits) of that service after you stop paying?

I've had HBO as part of my cable package for years. It allowed me to watch HBO on my phone/tablet using the u-verse app. I recently dropped ALL the movie channels I was paying for. Should I still be able to watch HBO on my phone/tablet because "I've been a loyal paying customer for 6yrs?

No....I shouldn't.

I've had an Xbox live subscription since the release of the 360. If I cancel that and switch to the free version, should I still be able to play Madden online? I mean I've been a loyal customer for over a decade....they can at least let me play one game online right?

No...they shouldn't.

Here's a life lesson...."You get what you pay for."

The bottom line is "Regardless of how much you spent, you spent it voluntarily. They don't OWE you anything."

Well, you dont't say.

That's the entire point, people who have spent hundreds being placed on par with those who've contributed nothing. The ''you get what you pay for'' argument, even though showing a slight lack of empathy to customers from BW as well as excessive corporate behaviour, seems to be the logical-est one I've read yet.

"what have you done for me lately" is the better idiom that comes to mind to describe your situation.

Well, you dont't say.

That's the entire point, people who have spent hundreds being placed on par with those who've contributed nothing. The ''you get what you pay for'' argument, even though showing a slight lack of empathy to customers from BW as well as excessive corporate behaviour, seems to be the logical-est one I've read yet,

You shouldn't expect people to show empathy for people who aren't really paying to support this game and don't bring up the bit about prefs spending hundreds of dollars on this game because if they can afford to do that they CAN afford to pay $15 *********** dollars for a sub.

Well, you dont't say.

So are you saying that there should be another level to the system? You have spent hundreds on the game but people who only spent a whole 5 dollars are preferred as well. Surely you don't think they should have the same things you want for the hundreds you have spent.

So are you saying that there should be another level to the system? You have spent hundreds on the game but people who only spent a whole 5 dollars are preferred as well. Surely you don't think they should have the same things you want for the hundreds you have spent.

No, I don't. I've mentioned that as a problem.

aka I didn't get the support I wanted and couldn't make others see it from my point of view so I'm giving up.

Your animosity towards someone with good intentions is both entertaining and sad. But yes, that's exactly what I meant if it stops the hate spilling. I did not come here craving support or a horde of people agreeing with me, I expected controversy as you could have read in the OP, had you read it.

Edited by richiesilva

No, I don't. I've mentioned that as a problem.

It is not a problem. It is working as intended. You could be a member to a country club for years but let your membership lapse. Do they let you in based on all the dues you paid in the past? If you find that place please let me know. Thanks.

Selfish intentions, you mean. Certainly not good intentions for the game.

Why selfish? The internet is a fascinating place which never ceases to amaze. Good job on twisting my intentions, which you seem to know better than I do. I did actually question how fruitful the current policy is with regards to making people re-subscribe (there, about the game, see?). I'm not asking things for myself only. I'm currently a sub in case you haven't noticed and have been for quite some time. But yes, totally selfish intentions. All throughout this thread I've been asking for leeches to get the same as the fools who pay do, yes that must be what I have been doing. Seriously.

Edited by richiesilva

I would agree another tier could be in order for preferred who have spent X amount vs preferred who have spent the minimum $5.

But really, a bump in credit limit is all I'd say to increase. There has to be a significant difference between paying $13-15 per month and not paying a subscription at all.

Edited by Jamtas

I would agree another tier could be in order for preferred who have spent X amount vs preferred who have spent the minimum $5.

But really, a bump in credit limit is all I'd say to increase. There has to be a difference between paying $13-15 per month and not paying a subscription at all.

I can agree with all that. But no, burn Preferred at the stake!

Why selfish? The internet is a fascinating place which never ceases to amaze. Good job on twisting my intentions, which you seem to know better than I do. I did actually question how fruitful the current policy is with regards to making people re-subscribe. I'm not asking things for myself only. I'm currently a sub in case you haven't noticed and have been for quite some time. But yes, totally selfish intentions. All throughout this thread I've been asking for leeches to get the same as the fools who pay do, yes that must be what I have been doing. Seriously.

Because you only came up with these ideas and plans and pleas and whatnot when it became something that will directly impact YOU. Preferred status did not just get created yesterday.

Because you only came up with these ideas and plans and pleas and whatnot when it became something that will directly impact YOU. Preferred status did not just get created yesterday.

What plans and pleas and what not are you talking about? You pass me out as someone conspiring to end the world. All I wanted was to engage in discussion. I have engaged in discussion and if you bother to read past the latest page, you can see I'm not the one shooting ad-hominems and immediately dismissing others' opinions. Sure they will impact me, and how on earth does it make my intentions selfish? They will impact others as well. On the other hand, will they impact you any bad? Stop portraying me as some begger from across the street, I'm not trying to rip BW off either. You should really apply all the vitriol to more important causes that affect our society.

That said, I'm done discussing posters.

Edited by richiesilva

What plans and pleas and what not are you talking about? You pass me out as someone conspiring to end the world. All I wanted was to engage in discussion. I have engaged in discussion and if you bother to read past the latest page, you can see I'm not the one shooting ad-hominems and immediately dismissing others' opinions. Sure they will impact me, and how on earth does it make my intentions selfish? They will impact others as well. On the other hand, will they impact you any bad? Stop portraying me as some begger from across the street, I'm not trying to rip BW off either. You should really apply all the vitriol to more important causes that affect our society.

That said, I'm done discussing posters.

Yes, the poor victim is what you've been portraying yourself as all along. We get it.

Yes, the poor victim is what you've been portraying yourself as all along. We get it.

You must be full of friends irl. Definetly won't spend more time talking to you. Incredible. All along? You come here to hijack and derail a smoothly running thread, and then this. The nerve is strong with this one.

Bye Bye. ;)

Edt to ryoutou below: no worries, it was never really directed at you.

Edited by richiesilva

I have engaged in discussion and if you bother to read past the latest page, you can see I'm not the one shooting ad-hominems and immediately dismissing others' opinions.

I went back and re-read your OP, then the tone of my response - and all I can say is, whew...sorry about that. Some of the other threads have given me the mehs, but that isn't an excuse.

Anyway...heres the thing. Preferred you get with a short amount of sub, or a long term sub. How do you delineate between long and short contributors?

The subscription cost is low. The free to play/preferred aspect is a demo of the game. It is a subscription based game and always has been. The model works just fine.

Have a nice day, and sorry for the vitriol.